Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

13 minutes ago, smokin george said:

Morning!. Rain and more rain. 

Same here, although it has currently stopped. Not expecting many kids tonight if what they're saying is likely going to be the weather this evening.

Montreal postponed Halloween due to the weather.

https://torontosun.com/news/local-news/rain-washes-out-oct-31-halloween-celebrations-in-some-quebec-towns/wcm/b7b5fba7-23fe-4897-9383-837902ead795

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Gotta love 10pm phone calls from your father because there's high wind and rain with sever storm warnings here but he left his lawn furniture out and since he is relaxing in Florida would I be kind enough to go put away his lawn furniture... in the wind and rain.  :flush:

• Haha 3

10 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We have some pretty severe winds and power outages all over. Our genny has been on for at least seven hours sofar and hydro trucks have been dispatched to the area. 

I do not have a generator as of yet. This is my next purchase

wgen9500-1__93147_1545918150_1280_1280.jpg

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

I do not have a generator as of yet. This is my next purchase

wgen9500-1__93147_1545918150_1280_1280.jpg

Make sure it's an inverter series genny. You need clean power or it could harm the electronics in the house. Fridge,stove etc. Ours is a 15KW on demand propane unit

42 minutes ago, smokin george said:

We have some pretty severe winds and power outages all over. Our genny has been on for at least seven hours so far and hydro trucks have been dispatched to the area. 

No power outages here, which is surprising as it seems we get knocked out more here than any other area in Oshawa.

I recently fired up our Generac Genny as it likely has never ran in the last couple years? I'm glad I didn't have to go out last night in that wind and rain to fire it up!! Still windy as heck here but nothing compared to last nights wind! That was unbelievable!! 

I don't believe my genny is an inverter series as I remember looking at those and they were spendy! I got this one for $225 as it was used/already purchased but would not start for the previous owners. Because they put some gas in it, Lowes had to sell it as used even though it never ran. There was a small defective part they needed to replace so I got it on the cheap with full warranty and zero hours. 

http://www.generac.com/all-products/generators/portable-generators/gp-series/gp3300-50st

genny.jpg

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 hours ago, irv said:

No power outages here, which is surprising as it seems we get knocked out more here than any other area in Oshawa.

I recently fired up our Generac Genny as it likely has never ran in the last couple years? I'm glad I didn't have to go out last night in that wind and rain to fire it up!! Still windy as heck here but nothing compared to last nights wind! That was unbelievable!! 

I don't believe my genny is an inverter series as I remember looking at those and they were spendy! I got this one for $225 as it was used/already purchased but would not start for the previous owners. Because they put some gas in it, Lowes had to sell it as used even though it never ran. There was a small defective part they needed to replace so I got it on the cheap with full warranty and zero hours. 

http://www.generac.com/all-products/generators/portable-generators/gp-series/gp3300-50st

genny.jpg

I have one like that but a 5500. Works awesome.

• Like 1