Check your account email address ×

***Official FSCE daily thread -

ckf

Cloudy, cool and it looks like it could rain some more?

I'm heading to the trailer shortly to pull docks and lifts and button everything up for the season. Was hoping to at least get the weekend out of it but with more rain likely coming Sunday, I think I'll have to finish everything up today and tomorrow as I can't put the slide in while it is wet and raining. 

Saying near zero tonight and -3 tomorrow night so it's going to be chilly! Duck hunting is open so there will be no sleeping in either! I hate this part of the season but it's a necessary evil. 

WP_20190817_13_12_41_Pro (1).jpg

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, irv said:

Cloudy, cool and it looks like it could rain some more?

I'm heading to the trailer shortly to pull docks and lifts and button everything up for the season. Was hoping to at least get the weekend out of it but with more rain likely coming Sunday, I think I'll have to finish everything up today and tomorrow as I can't put the slide in while it is wet and raining. 

Saying near zero tonight and -3 tomorrow night so it's going to be chilly! Duck hunting is open so there will be no sleeping in either! I hate this part of the season but it's a necessary evil. 

WP_20190817_13_12_41_Pro (1).jpg

We used our trailer year-round so getting ready for winter was pretty easy. The awning went in, put the rv antifreeze in and pull the canvas top off the screened room. I had a two piece wooden railway for the tin boat I made and just yanked it on shore. 

• Like 1

On 10/2/2019 at 6:20 AM, Pete said:

:gm2:

Humid as hell here with rain coming from you Midwest guys. We need it.

Trees are really changing here. This is my most favorite time of year. Fuck the heat and fuck the cold.

After almost a year of my daughter NOT talking to me, she is finally coming around the last couple of days. Thank god.

Just keep it super civil with the Ex. Don't make her chose sides. IMHO

• Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, s pump said:

Just keep it super civil with the Ex. Don't make her chose sides. IMHO

From what Pete has said he and his ex wife are on great terms for which they both deserve kudos....it’s rare and I’ve seen some very petty and damaging divorces and it only hurts the kids.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

From what Pete has said he and his ex wife are on great terms for which they both deserve kudos....it’s rare and I’ve seen some very petty and damaging divorces and it only hurts the kids.

That is exactly correct. We are getting along fantastic.

Im going to see Brianna tomorrow when I go to the house. I have been chatting with her all week and I couldn't be happier.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Pete said:

Im going to see Brianna tomorrow when I go to the house. I have been chatting with her all week and I couldn't be happier.

I take it she is blaming you for the whole divorce? 

1 minute ago, SVT MXZ XRS said:

I take it she is blaming you for the whole divorce? 

kinda. She wasn't happy when she found out.  then when I moved out she cut off all talking to me. That was last year.

Her and her mom have always blamed me for everything. Always 2 against one.

No more

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

kinda. She wasn't happy when she found out.  then when I moved out she cut off all talking to me. That was last year.

No more

What I figured.  My ex SIL did the same to my brother with my neice. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, Pete said:

As a father with a daughter I am really happy for you.:thumbsup:

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

No more

my daughter plays games-  we straight out ask her is she's team mom or team dad today.   I text with mine once or twice a week,  she texts with her mom everyday or 2 now that she's at school.  

1 hour ago, Angry ginger said:

my daughter plays games-  we straight out ask her is she's team mom or team dad today.   I text with mine once or twice a week,  she texts with her mom everyday or 2 now that she's at school.  

very tough to deal with sometimes..

My daughter just turned 17 so maybe she is coming around now. Its like walking on eggshells at the moment but I expect it to get better.

Hell now she will have 2 places to stay once she hits the university

11 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Gonna piss here all day.  I fired up the smoker anyway.  Fuck it.  Wife went to go do some 5k charity run in the rain this morning, the least I can do is smoke meat in it.  Charity begins at home! :)

Give her a 3 minute run when she gets home,just to show her how proud you are of her.