Check your account email address ×

Snap Ring Tool

I’m going to replace the one I have that was decent for a while.  Some of you guys know this shit better than me, which one would you recommend??

TIA

channel lock. Also a cheap ass pair from menards or somewhere. Work better then the expensive ones. :whistle:.  Never had a pair that was worth a pinch of shit really. The ones that come with other tips is a bonus. Sometimes the different diameter tips work better in certain clips.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Channel Lock - that’s the one I’ve been using, and like I said decent, but has lost the ability to completely squeeze that last 1/8” or so that makes a big difference on some idler wheels.  So a second pliers is now needed to squeeze it that last 1/8”.  

I guess if I can get 10+ years out of another, that’s not a bad lifetime for ~$25-30.

24 minutes ago, X2700 said:

https://www.ebay.com/itm/285806537301?mkcid=16&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-127632-2357-0&ssspo=3X28oVOSTWe&sssrc=4429486&ssuid=9ewLUz-nTcC&var=&widget_ver=artemis&media=COPY

blue point!!

find a good set of these!!!

Change able tips ok but these work the best!!

especially on secondary!!

Blue point that's the one I was thinking of that I have :thumb:.

It depends on what size you are talking. 1 inch or less any cheap brand will work. I take apart some 3 and 4 inch snap rings that will give you a need for a band aid if they slip off and for that I use OTC.

Posted (edited)

For every day use on the Jesus Clips, I spent the big bucks and bought a set of Facom pliers with changeable tips.  $140.

https://www.mscdirect.com/product/details/04571246

I also have a few sets of the Channellocks (Lange is the same in orange) with the changeable tips.  Like $25 a set.  Worth it either way you go.

Facom and Channellocks tips are interchangeable.  

For ripping Team secondaries and larger stuff apart, I bought the Klutch brand from Northern Tool and ground the tips down to fit.  The Facom and Channellocks just don't have the rigidity to take those apart.

https://www.northerntool.com/klutch-9in-external-snap-ring-pliers-39915

Edited by racinfarmer