Check your account email address ×

Dem keys Trump supporters truck.

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

$6,000 to paint a Pickup truck?? I had 1 of mine painted for $800 and another for $1,300 including some rusty body work.

Lmao 🤣.... pretty sure those days are over.   Had my IROC painted about 30 years ago for about $600. 

Nowadays, just getting a ding or few stone chips taken care of will cost a grand.    

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Lmao 🤣.... pretty sure those days are over.   Had my IROC painted about 30 years ago for about $600. 

Nowadays, just getting a ding or few stone chips taken care of will cost a grand.    

Not here, had lots of rust repair and painted on a 2007 Avalanche we wanted to sell, was only $850, a year ago.

We had a new neighbor move in 3 years ago - he’s had the let’s go Brandon sign up the whole time. A few of the neighbors have commented on it. :lol:Really fires up the perpetually offended.

2 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

Not here, had lots of rust repair and painted on a 2007 Avalanche we wanted to sell, was only $850, a year ago.

Nice .... Earl scheib or Maaco? .. 😆 they've always been the cheapest around here.

3 hours ago, XCR1250 said:

$6,000 to paint a Pickup truck?? I had 1 of mine painted for $800 and another for $1,300 including some rusty body work.

I had a crinkled pick up bed repaired,  insurance paid $5800

4 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Nice .... Earl scheib or Maaco? .. 😆 they've always been the cheapest around here.

Rob's Auto Body in Radisson, Wi.

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, akvanden said:

Why would they need need to repaint the whole truck? just fix the scratches. 

Depends I would think on age and condition of paint.  If it’s an old tundra with faded and beat up paint it may need a whole paint job to get it to match.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, akvanden said:

Not that easy on an older vehicle. Making new paint match older paint rarely works, so painting all panels is sometimes the only option.

The guy is an irrational dick…but arresting him and going through the courts?

If he could cut a check on the spot for all costs, would be preferable IMO, understanding the coppper ain’t a body man and just doing what the law says.

Always act like you are being recorded, because you probably are.

4 hours ago, BOHICA said:

Depends I would think on age and condition of paint.  If it’s an old tundra with faded and beat up paint it may need a whole paint job to get it to match.

It is usually easy to spot a panel that has been repaired and painted, beside a panel with OEM paint.

If it were my truck, and some asshole keyed it, I’d want nothing but being made whole. 
Full paint job, please.

I got rear ended by a semi, while I was stopped in traffic. He hit me so hard I got stuffed into the two vehicles in front of me. 2 year old truck in mint condition. I used that truck for my business. 401 under the 409.

Bent the frame. I fought with my, yep my insurance company, because of no fault insurance, to just buy me out. 
No they said, we are fixing it, heat the frame and bend it back. Called a lawyer. That gave them the ability to cut off all my rehab, rental vehicles etc. They bled me dry in a matter of weeks. I had to lament. A month goes by and the body shop, a friend of the family says it’s mostly done. Take it for a week and see if it’s good, and bring it back…we’ll do the final stuff.

Had it for the week, seemed good. Was going to take it back that night. Again, stopped in traffic and I got rear ended by a fully loaded cube van. 403 ramp to the QEW.

The frame, where it was heated, folded faster than superman on laundry day. The box hit the cab and fucked more shit up.

I lost my shit on the insurance company, knowing they were in ultimate control.

Again, they said we are going to fix it and brought in a used frame.

I learned a lesson from my previous interaction. 
Ok, that’s your prerogative. You need to put every one of my existing parts, brake lines, ball joints, shocks etc on that frame, or you replace with new.

Imagine replacing an entire frame, under a 4x4 pickup.

And by the way, every one of these parts you have to swap better be good, because I will keep this truck until the day I die and you will get sued if any defect causes me harm, in any way.

If I get injured thanks to your shitty policy, I’ll sue you until I’m a baller.

They finally bought the truck, and paid me enough to get a replacement.

Edited by Voodoo

No pictures..... But it's easy to spend 6,k  for a fair paint job...

Lots of labor to disassemble a vehicle... Sand out the scratches... Sand out the rest of the panels.

priming + blocking out the primer can burn several hours per panel....

primers can cost $400 a gallon..

paint can easily crest a grand a gallon.

Clear coat isn't cheap either....

When you're paying realisticly $125 - 150 an hour the price racks up quickly...

Reality is the judge would want to see the damages settled....

That case would disappear if the civil damaged were settled  before the defendant saw the judge in the morning 

Posted (edited)
On 4/27/2024 at 10:04 AM, akvanden said:

May as well take advantage of the situation.....get every minor scratch and ding taken care of.....even if they've been there for years.     A-hole deserves what he gets and then some.  

When I slashed a State Troopers tires in the barrack's parking lot, he also said I dented in his driver's side door of his Yugo....that was all a lie but he tried to have me responsible for the repairs.

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

• Gold Member

What a dumb son of a bitch lol. How do people not realize you can’t get away with crap like that anymore cameras everywhere now.

On 4/27/2024 at 9:51 AM, XCR1250 said:

You got a steal of a deal on that. I wouldn’t even paint a car on the side cash under the table for that cheap. 6k is a very realistic price at a decent shop. The last complete paint job I worked on before the shop started basically only doing insurance collision work fix some dents and rust and paint including jams was 18k bucks and this was 3-4 years ago. Quality materials aren’t cheap neither is labor. Just some prices off the top of my head for materials we use. Gallon of ppg dplf epoxy primer/activator is $500 bucks. Gallon of ppg k38 high build primer/activator $450 bucks. A gallon of ppg paint a lot depends on color and tints used but for example the color I used on my car ford race red gallon in ppg $1200 bucks. Clear coat couple hundred to few hundred depending what you use. 

26 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

What a dumb son of a bitch lol. How do people not realize you can’t get away with crap like that anymore cameras everywhere now.

You got a steal of a deal on that. I wouldn’t even paint a car on the side cash under the table for that cheap. 6k is a very realistic price at a decent shop. The last complete paint job I worked on before the shop started basically only doing insurance collision work fix some dents and rust and paint including jams was 18k bucks and this was 3-4 years ago. Quality materials aren’t cheap neither is labor. Just some prices off the top of my head for materials we use. Gallon of ppg dplf epoxy primer/activator is $500 bucks. Gallon of ppg k38 high build primer/activator $450 bucks. A gallon of ppg paint a lot depends on color and tints used but for example the color I used on my car ford race red gallon in ppg $1200 bucks. Clear coat couple hundred to few hundred depending what you use. 

Body shop on CTH B here took all the dents out of another truck I had for $100 while I went across the road to Subway, he then came to pick me up at Subway, paintless dent repair.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, akvanden said:

Rebel.

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

More like piece of shit.  No wonder he likes trump.

MAGA 24!

:lmao:....yeah 1986 was so recent

I'm all for the party of law and order these days!:thumb:

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

• Gold Member
20 hours ago, Voodoo said:

It is usually easy to spot a panel that has been repaired and painted, beside a panel with OEM paint.

If it were my truck, and some asshole keyed it, I’d want nothing but being made whole. 
Full paint job, please.

I got rear ended by a semi, while I was stopped in traffic. He hit me so hard I got stuffed into the two vehicles in front of me. 2 year old truck in mint condition. I used that truck for my business. 401 under the 409.

Bent the frame. I fought with my, yep my insurance company, because of no fault insurance, to just buy me out. 
No they said, we are fixing it, heat the frame and bend it back. Called a lawyer. That gave them the ability to cut off all my rehab, rental vehicles etc. They bled me dry in a matter of weeks. I had to lament. A month goes by and the body shop, a friend of the family says it’s mostly done. Take it for a week and see if it’s good, and bring it back…we’ll do the final stuff.

Had it for the week, seemed good. Was going to take it back that night. Again, stopped in traffic and I got rear ended by a fully loaded cube van. 403 ramp to the QEW.

The frame, where it was heated, folded faster than superman on laundry day. The box hit the cab and fucked more shit up.

I lost my shit on the insurance company, knowing they were in ultimate control.

Again, they said we are going to fix it and brought in a used frame.

I learned a lesson from my previous interaction. 
Ok, that’s your prerogative. You need to put every one of my existing parts, brake lines, ball joints, shocks etc on that frame, or you replace with new.

Imagine replacing an entire frame, under a 4x4 pickup.

And by the way, every one of these parts you have to swap better be good, because I will keep this truck until the day I die and you will get sued if any defect causes me harm, in any way.

If I get injured thanks to your shitty policy, I’ll sue you until I’m a baller.

They finally bought the truck, and paid me enough to get a replacement.

A lot of newer truck frames and panels in general can’t be heated like that for the exact reason you described in the second accident. It specifically states in the repair procedures if heating is allowed and if it is how long it can be heated or where. I know Ive brought it up here before when salvage cars were brought up. Likely why they bought it back they realized they fucked up didn’t want to get sued. Truck frame swaps are simple btw especially on nice newer trucks not rusty yet. I’d take swapping a truck frame any day over replacing a unibody frame rail talk about a nightmare.

37 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Body shop on CTH B here took all the dents out of another truck I had for $100 while I went across the road to Subway, he then came to pick me up at Subway, paintless dent repair.

Pdr is pretty reasonable priced here too usually couple hundo for handful of smaller dents.

41 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

A lot of newer truck frames and panels in general can’t be heated like that for the exact reason you described in the second accident. It specifically states in the repair procedures if heating is allowed and if it is how long it can be heated or where. I know Ive brought it up here before when salvage cars were brought up. Likely why they bought it back they realized they fucked up didn’t want to get sued. Truck frame swaps are simple btw especially on nice newer trucks not rusty yet. I’d take swapping a truck frame any day over replacing a unibody frame rail talk about a nightmare.

Pdr is pretty reasonable priced here too usually couple hundo for handful of smaller dents.

yep swapping frames on pick ups is easy peasy, used to take me 10 hrs to swap one for our body shop , cool part they paid like 30 hrs plus ac recharge ,plus alignment and relearns , just need 2 hoists and a good system ,, did a vid once on a tahoe build was pretty kwel

• Like 1