Check your account email address ×

Auto insurance premiums are skyrocketing. What's to blame?

8 minutes ago, Pete said:

Sure.. just be sure to use the left hand versions you worthless tds fuck. Now go adjust your pocket protector mr Wall Street .

you are far from mechanically inclined.

SBYL.

good God are you fucking stupid... :roflcrying:

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 hours ago, Stephen Hawking said:

Did both rear wheel bearings on my wife's car before winter. 

Fucking rust belt calamity but I swapped them both out in less than 4 hours including clean up. 

20230812_110029.jpg

20230812_104458.jpg

Nice:thumbsup:.... couldn't get the front hubs off my car..... admitted defeat and brought to my mechanic after hours of trying....:lmao:

• Gold Member
3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Nice:thumbsup:.... couldn't get the front hubs off my car..... admitted defeat and brought to my mechanic after hours of trying....:lmao:

That's why you see 2 studs missing from each hub. Knock those out and put a couple jacking bolts in then hit them with an impact gun. :thumbsup:

• Like 2

3 hours ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

No denying it sounded nice @wot even when stock...same color as I had too.   Ben had much better luck with his than I did.....same year.   

2 minutes ago, Stephen Hawking said:

That's why you see 2 studs missing from each hub. Knock those out and put a couple jacking bolts in then hit them with an impact gun. :thumbsup:

Yeah....never got that far but saw some YouTube vids of it being done that way.  Some just used the power steering as leverage and turned the wheel into the knuckle with a socket or something as a spacer to pop it off.   

I just couldn't believe how stuck my hub was after it being changed only a few years prior.

Just got the 6 month tab on my daily driver, late 2010's 6 cylinder 175k mile sedan, windshield claim and clean record and bundled insurance. 

We'll call it a $10-12.5k car.

$942 for 6 months. 

Up $110 or so from 6 months ago. Doubled in 2 years.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

Just got the 6 month tab on my daily driver, late 2010's 6 cylinder 175k mile sedan, windshield claim and clean record and bundled insurance. 

We'll call it a $10-12.5k car.

$942 for 6 months. 

Up $110 or so from 6 months ago. Doubled in 2 years.

Pricey in them parts

my new to me 21 taco is less than half that for 6 months $395

19 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Pricey in them parts

my new to me 21 taco is less than half that for 6 months $395

Our 22 Silveraydo and 23 Exploder are less, but have gone up a bunch too.

You can't tell me parts for a rental car sedan are substantially more then 2 almost new vehicles. 

It makes no sense at all.

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Our 22 Silveraydo and 23 Exploder are less, but have gone up a bunch too.

You can't tell me parts for a rental car sedan are substantially more then 2 almost new vehicles. 

It makes no sense at all.

I’m assuming maybe new cars are cheaper to insure because they consider them safe and less likely to crash with all the crash avoidance and assistance crap on them. I have no idea doesn’t make much sense to me either 

On 4/12/2024 at 3:49 PM, steve from amherst said:

Probably the fact that a cars value has climbed quite a bit and 100's of thousands are being stolen and shipped out of the country.

The newer cars are much harder to fix and of course that drives up the price of repairs. 

On 4/13/2024 at 7:22 PM, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

I own 4 GM's. Front hubs are chronic. 3 of the four all take the same hub. 1500 series AWD vans, same as a 4x4 pickup truck.

I now buy in bulk. The cheapest shit I can find.

Air hammer. One of the best tools I ever bought. Has yet to fail getting a hub out, without heat.

On 4/12/2024 at 7:43 PM, 800renegaderider said:

I wouldn’t be surprised 😂 

They have auto leveling head lights for a long time. Probably will mandate them to add more cost 

• Gold Member
42 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

They have auto leveling head lights for a long time. Probably will mandate them to add more cost 

I’ve seen them I just never realized how they worked with the sensors and scales or whatever else makes them work. I thankfully don’t have to get that involved in the electronic crap. I just make em pretty again.

10 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I’ve seen them I just never realized how they worked with the sensors and scales or whatever else makes them work. I thankfully don’t have to get that involved in the electronic crap. I just make em pretty again.

I guess when they fail they are expensive as fuck to fix 

My car insurance has gone up 80 bucks in the last 2 years, it is just under 200 a month now. Sled is almost 50 a month now. Sled use to be 15 bucks a month for an 800. 

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I guess when they fail they are expensive as fuck to fix 

I’m sure they are. Some of the sublet bills we get from the mechanic shop to just calibrate these sensors are $1500+ not including the actual sensor or labor to replace. I just did an exploder had a 1k adaptive cruise sensor just the part cost. It was basically a 6k bumper job. I got a ram yesterday quick simple replace tailgate the freakin thing had $800 dollars in just emblems. Each of the big foot tall RAM letters is 150 a piece. It’s amazing to me insurance is as reasonable as it is considering the ridiculous cost to fix even the simplest job.