Check your account email address ×

Auto insurance premiums are skyrocketing. What's to blame?

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

You've been had.  h8 size batteries can be had for less than $200.

Well, whatever, the battery was the least of my concerns with that nightmare of a car. Just glad I dumped it when I did. And the car I replaced it with has been absolutely flawless.

13 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Well, whatever, the battery was the least of my concerns with that nightmare of a car. Just glad I dumped it when I did. And the car I replaced it with has been absolutely flawless.

Late bmw’s use an AGM battery that needs to be registered to the vehicle. Basically you’re setting the rate of charge. I used Carly for that purpose. No BMW owner should be without it. It’s a good tool for diagnosing, changing the coding, or capturing live data. BMW’s aren’t for the faint of heart. 

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

If you weren't an idiot perhaps the car wouldn't have been so bad.  They fleeced you good...

How did they fleece me?.... Virtually everything was covered under warranty except the battery... Thousands and thousands of dollars covered for the tranny and flywheel issues...leaking differential and electrical issues  that it took them days to "diagnose" and I still had problems after that... The battery was always at a state of low discharge from something.. I was actually starting to like the loaner cars better than my own... I was getting so used to them.    Absolute JUNK . 

Never again... current car is head and shoulders better and much, much less to maintain.  Easy Change oil and fill with gas, that's it ......no worries to change Brake fluids, differential fluids and filters etc. at ridiculously low mileage/time intervals.

Screenshot_20240412_234343_Chrome.thumb.jpg.68067d760154941c89c49dddb6a15cb9.jpg

34 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Late bmw’s use an AGM battery that needs to be registered to the vehicle. Basically you’re setting the rate of charge. I used Carly for that purpose. No BMW owner should be without it. It’s a good tool for diagnosing, changing the coding, or capturing live data. BMW’s aren’t for the faint of heart. 

Pretty sure that's what my 06 had. They had to set the rate of charge for the new battery..  .

yup and definitely not for the faint of heart or short tempered.   I wanted to take a sledge hammer or explosive to that POS all the time.:lmao:

1 hour ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

How did they fleece me?.... Virtually everything was covered under warranty except the battery... Thousands and thousands of dollars covered for the tranny and flywheel issues...leaking differential and electrical issues  that it took them days to "diagnose" and I still had problems after that... The battery was always at a state of low discharge from something.. I was actually starting to like the loaner cars better than my own... I was getting so used to them.    Absolute JUNK . 

Never again... current car is head and shoulders better and much, much less to maintain.  Easy Change oil and fill with gas, that's it ......no worries to change Brake fluids, differential fluids and filters etc. at ridiculously low mileage/time intervals.

Screenshot_20240412_234343_Chrome.thumb.jpg.68067d760154941c89c49dddb6a15cb9.jpg

Pretty sure that's what my 06 had. They had to set the rate of charge for the new battery..  .

yup and definitely not for the faint of heart or short tempered.   I wanted to take a sledge hammer or explosive to that POS all the time.:lmao:

Are you on the road yet to attend the rally?  

14 minutes ago, hayward said:

Are you on the road yet to attend the rally?  

Shit.... Didn't even know about it... Nice and close too. :lmao:... Just hope the road closures don't disrupt my trip to my nehews B'day party.

https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/lehighvalley/heres-what-we-know-about-road-closures-ahead-of-trumps-visit-to-the-lehigh-valley/article_c4e59396-f74d-11ee-811b-bb1c9ca7606b.html

1 minute ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Shit.... Didn't even know about it... Nice and close too. :lmao:... Just hope the road closures don't disrupt my trip to my nehews B'day party.

https://www.wfmz.com/news/area/lehighvalley/heres-what-we-know-about-road-closures-ahead-of-trumps-visit-to-the-lehigh-valley/article_c4e59396-f74d-11ee-811b-bb1c9ca7606b.html

:lol:Cmon man, you could ride an e-bike to it for kryst's sake!  I hope it don't fuck up my commute down 100 later on.  If it does, I really ain't vote'n for the fucker!  9_9

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, hayward said:

Oh yeah this day and age, absolutely.

Fucking boomers and millennial cocksuckers anyhow....

Well, first they have to actually care about having access to a vehicle and a DL.

Baby steps.

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

any vehicle in the rust belt for sure, corrosion is a huge issue for the chassis and suspension.  but there's also a f'load of people driving around out there with steering/suspension, brake, tire issues that either don't have a clue or don't GAF.  at least commercial vehicles get DOT inspected.  

I'd wager the vast majority of Americans couldn't change their own oil if they had to.  some don't even know how to add windshield washer fluid... no joke.  

Mechanical aptitude has been on a steady decline since boomers. Boomers could fix anything because we’re willing to take risks and put forth the effort. Every generation since has become increasingly more retarded. 

4 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

any vehicle in the rust belt for sure, corrosion is a huge issue for the chassis and suspension.  but there's also a f'load of people driving around out there with steering/suspension, brake, tire issues that either don't have a clue or don't GAF.  at least commercial vehicles get DOT inspected.  

I'd wager the vast majority of Americans couldn't change their own oil if they had to.  some don't even know how to add windshield washer fluid... no joke.  

No joke man.. 

Sounds like past experience for you

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

$700 for a battery is fleecing.  2006 is literally about the worst year m5 ever.  Way you spoke figured it was a much newer one.  Comparing a car that is 2 years from being antique with a modern one is funny.

Posted (edited)

$700 for a battery is fleecing.  2006 is literally about the worst year m5 ever.  Way you spoke figured it was a much newer one.  Comparing a car that is 2 years from being antique with a modern one is funny.

I haven't owned that car for over a decade and it still brings back horrifying memories.   I'd still buy any other car over a BMW any day...SBYL.... Sorry you're such a fanboy:lmao:...

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

If I could have only one performance car it would be an E60 with the 6 speed manual. Remove the speed governor and it’ll zoom past 200 mph. Maintain the rod bearings and Vanos and it’s not a bad vehicle. Over 500hp and an 8250 red line with F1 heritage. What’s not to love? 

Posted (edited)
5 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

If I could have only one performance car it would be an E60 with the 6 speed manual. Remove the speed governor and it’ll zoom past 200 mph. Maintain the rod bearings and Vanos and it’s not a bad vehicle. Over 500hp and an 8250 red line with F1 heritage. What’s not to love? 

It was a nice screaming 10 cylinder the few times it was running good for me... :lmao:

The SMG transmission was total garbage and  I am so much happier with the V in every category. ..no comparison.   other than maybe the velor leather interior was a bit nicer in the M. But even That is subjective and questionable

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1

1 hour ago, Pete said:

No joke man.. 

Sounds like past experience for you

so dumb... :roflcrying:

my father was an industrial arts teacher in the 70's and 80's sport... so I'm rather handy.  ;)

2 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

It was a nice screaming 10 cylinder the few times it was running good for me... :lmao:

The SMG transmission was total garbage and  I am so much happier with the V in every category. ..no comparison 

Yes. The SMG ruined the vehicle. It’s a nightmare. The manual version cleaned up all that. Manual E60’s are highly desired and rare as hens teeth. 

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

so dumb... :roflcrying:

my father was an industrial arts teacher in the 70's and 80's sport... so I'm rather handy.  ;)

Sure.. i don’t believe you. You couldn’t t run a hammer.

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

Remember who you’re conversing with. 

he's allegedly a machinist... no issue with that.  depending on what he does or doesn't do, lot of math involved.  but :dunno:

Just now, Pete said:

Sure.. i don’t believe you. You couldn’t t run a hammer.

what evidence do you require? 

he was department chair, taught drafting, auto shop (also tractors and small engine), wood shop and metal shop.  he also taught drivers Ed.  he was also one of the first in the school district to bring a computer and robotics into the classroom.   in the summer he taught high speed driving to State Patrol officers and took at least one continuing education class.  was just shy of a doctorate in education before he passed away.  so go fuck yourself.  ;)

33 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what evidence do you require? 

he was department chair, taught drafting, auto shop (also tractors and small engine), wood shop and metal shop.  he also taught drivers Ed.  he was also one of the first in the school district to bring a computer and robotics into the classroom.   in the summer he taught high speed driving to State Patrol officers and took at least one continuing education class.  was just shy of a doctorate in education before he passed away.  so go fuck yourself.  ;)

In case you haven’t noticed i dont give a fuck what you say.  You couldn’t run a hammer or a shovel for that matter.

3 minutes ago, Pete said:

In case you haven’t noticed i dont give a fuck what you say.  You couldn’t run a hammer or a shovel for that matter.

I could run a hammer upside your temple, dig a hole with the shovel then drag your fat ass into the hole with one hand. 

:)

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I could run a hammer upside your temple, dig a hole with the shovel then drag your fat ass into the hole with one hand. 

:)

Sure.. just be sure to use the left hand versions you worthless tds fuck. Now go adjust your pocket protector mr Wall Street .

you are far from mechanically inclined.

SBYL.

• Haha 1