Check your account email address ×

Auto insurance premiums are skyrocketing. What's to blame?

• Platinum Contributing Member
30 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

Odd I thought all this technology the government keeps mandating in cars was supposed to stop accidents.

The cost of these adas sensors and the calibration of them is insane. Throw in the crazy prices of some basic crash parts and high rental car cost now it’s easy to see why it’s going up. 10k job is nothing now basically 2 lights on a bmw lol

Had an M5...biggest hunk a shit I ever owned.  $700 for a battery and couldn't even change my own oil.. and was in the shop being repaired more than I drove....never again....traded in immediately after extended warranty expired.

2 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Rates vary greatly depending on the state it’s registered. Some states are just shit holes filled with thieves and shitty drivers. 

Im curious to see if I save any money when I insure my cars in Pa.

I'm kind of holding off on all that right now because of inspection difference. 2 year sticker and guarantee pass as long as check engine light not on in NJ.

Pa. Every year and tear car down and inspect and fail for everything from what I heard.:lmao:..... will try to wait till September and get my last car through NJ inspection for another 2 years then I'll make the switch after that.  

• Gold Member
15 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Had an M5...biggest hunk a shit I ever owned.  $700 for a battery and couldn't even change my own oil.. and was in the shop being repaired more than I drove....never again....traded in immediately after extended warranty expired.

Im curious to see if I save any money when I insure my cars in Pa.

I'm kind of holding off on all that right now because of inspection difference. 2 year sticker and guarantee pass as long as check engine light not on in NJ.

Pa. Every year and tear car down and inspect and fail for everything from what I heard.:lmao:..... will try to wait till September and get my last car through NJ inspection for another 2 years then I'll make the switch after that.  

NH is pretty strict on inspections too it kinda sucks unless you know a guy. I watch some of these YouTubers driving complete rotted shit boxes that wouldn’t stand a chance of being legal in NH.

Posted (edited)
10 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

NH is pretty strict on inspections too it kinda sucks unless you know a guy. I watch some of these YouTubers driving complete rotted shit boxes that wouldn’t stand a chance of being legal in NH.

Haha ....yeah NJ went from being very strict, crack in window, rot(sharp edges), headlights not aimed correctly,brakes, tire tread would all fail ....too passing anything except check engine light.....I now go through with super loud exhaust shaking the inspection building and no Cats with no problem.  Took my other car with headlight out and still passed.  It's become a joke but no complaints :bc: ..... but  will have to come to an end soon with my move .

Edited by ViperGTS/Z1
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Haha ....yeah NJ went from being very strict, crack in window, rot(sharp edges), headlights not aimed correctly,brakes, tire tread would all fail ....too passing anything except check engine light.....I now go through with super loud exhaust shaking the inspection building and no Cats with no problem.  Took my other car with headlight out and still passed.  It's become a joke but no complaints :bc: ..... but  will have to come to an end soon with my move .

Pa used to be very lax, but something changed.  A couple years ago, there was an inspection Nazi running around this area checking vehicles in gas station parking lots for inspection stickers and conditions of said vehicle.   Let’s just say, a few small mom and pop garages had their inspection licenses confiscated.  Friends of mine were pissed after that because garages became pretty strict.  Told them wtf, it’s there livelihood!  The last thing they need is to lose their license just to give you a break on your inspection.  It ain’t their fault the state became money-hungry.

I hit a deer with a Hyundai Elantra, hood, bumper/plastic, radiator, etc.  No fenders.  $9k and 6 weeks of a rental while it waited.  I can't imagine the cost of something that actually had structural or metal work to do.

2 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Battery is free under warranty, not $700 if not.  Easy enough to change the oil as well.  Think someone was taking advantage of you.....

....again

41 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Battery is free under warranty, not $700 if not.  Easy enough to change the oil as well.  Think someone was taking advantage of you.....

....again

Extended warranty did not cover battery......needed special tool to change oil . I didn't bother with it.

Car was junk....... electrical issues, trans problems, differential leaks. Fortunately, most of those issues were covered.....Everytime I started the car, I winced and hoped that the check engine light and bells wouldn't go off.:lmao:

Worst car I ever owned...hands down.   Would never even consider another BMW even if it was given to me. 

Screenshot_20240412_200948_Chrome.jpg

9 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

In mass they are on camara while doing the inspection. Machine to connect to state system is around $80,000 and they can only charge $35.

I just dont see how it is even worth it unless they are getting a boatload of work from it. Even at that , most shops have more work then they can handle.

Illegal undesirable third world shit hole country ppl getting a free for all on drivers licenses has nothing to do with this.. :lmao:

Being handed out as fast as they can process these fucks

• Like 1

8 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Extended warranty did not cover battery......needed special tool to change oil . I didn't bother with it.

Car was junk....... electrical issues, trans problems, differential leaks. Fortunately, most of those issues were covered.....Everytime I started the car, I winced and hoped that the check engine light and bells wouldn't go off.:lmao:

Worst car I ever owned...hands down.   Would never even consider another BMW even if it was given to me. 

Screenshot_20240412_200948_Chrome.jpg

You've been had.  h8 size batteries can be had for less than $200.

54 minutes ago, Pete said:

Illegal undesirable third world shit hole country ppl getting a free for all on drivers licenses has nothing to do with this.. :lmao:

Being handed out as fast as they can process these fucks

Free for all.  :lol:. Do you actually ever think of do you just repeat whatever nonsense your ultra biased flock states?

Just now, Deephaven said:

Free for all.  :lol:. Do you actually ever think of do you just repeat whatever nonsense your ultra biased flock states?

That’s right free for all. In Massachusetts ANYONE can get a license regardless 

stick it in your ass

• Like 1

10 hours ago, hayward said:

Pa used to be very lax, but something changed.  A couple years ago, there was an inspection Nazi running around this area checking vehicles in gas station parking lots for inspection stickers and conditions of said vehicle.   Let’s just say, a few small mom and pop garages had their inspection licenses confiscated.  Friends of mine were pissed after that because garages became pretty strict.  Told them wtf, it’s there livelihood!  The last thing they need is to lose their license just to give you a break on your inspection.  It ain’t their fault the state became money-hungry.

there's no safety inspections here, but imo there should be.  lot of folks driving around in death traps that shouldn't be on the same road with your family or mine.

if anyone needs an example click the link and watch a few of the videos. 

https://www.youtube.com/@JustRolledIn/videos

4 minutes ago, Pete said:

That’s right free for all. In Massachusetts ANYONE can get a license regardless 

stick it in your ass

are you a Masshole? 

if so, it's all beginning to make more sense.  :news:

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

are you a Masshole? 

if so, it's all beginning to make more sense.  :news:

Wrong 

SBYL.

Now get back to fluffing joes balls on this economy that is so wonderful 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Pete said:

Wrong 

SBYL.

Now get back to fluffing joes balls on this economy that is so wonderful 

which state are you from?  I know you're in the northeast.  try having a relaxing adult conversation.  :news:

52 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

there's no safety inspections here, but imo there should be.  lot of folks driving around in death traps that shouldn't be on the same road with your family or mine.

if anyone needs an example click the link and watch a few of the videos. 

https://www.youtube.com/@JustRolledIn/videos

Me personally, my own vehicles, I want shit looked over and safe.  There was a good reason why pa cracked down, other than a money grab.  These lick em and stick’ms around here were passing vehicles with rotted frames and such.  Problem I had, they went overboard with it and went after things like tiny rust holes in bumpers and fenders, disregarding the fact that the frames were solid, tires were adequate, and brakes were in tolerance.  That was my biggest beef. But, it all started with shit that shouldn’t have been on the road, that’s what initially got the ball rolling.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, hayward said:

Me personally, my own vehicles, I want shit looked over and safe.  There was a good reason why pa cracked down, other than a money grab.  These lick em and stick’ms around here were passing vehicles with rotted frames and such.  Problem I had, they went overboard with it and went after things like tiny rust holes in bumpers and fenders, disregarding the fact that the frames were solid, tires were adequate, and brakes were in tolerance.  That was my biggest beef. But, it all started with shit that shouldn’t have been on the road, that’s what initially got the ball rolling.

any vehicle in the rust belt for sure, corrosion is a huge issue for the chassis and suspension.  but there's also a f'load of people driving around out there with steering/suspension, brake, tire issues that either don't have a clue or don't GAF.  at least commercial vehicles get DOT inspected.  

I'd wager the vast majority of Americans couldn't change their own oil if they had to.  some don't even know how to add windshield washer fluid... no joke.  

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

any vehicle in the rust belt for sure, corrosion is a huge issue for the chassis and suspension.  but there's also a f'load of people driving around out there with steering/suspension, brake, tire issues that either don't have a clue or don't GAF.  at least commercial vehicles get DOT inspected.  

I'd wager the vast majority of Americans couldn't change their own oil if they had to.  some don't even know how to add windshield washer fluid... no joke.  

Oh yeah this day and age, absolutely.

Fucking boomers and millennial cocksuckers anyhow....