Check your account email address ×

Polaris does it again

6 minutes ago, HSR said:

Yup even if you add 75 hp :goodpost:

You are one dumb fuck. Everyone that knows anything about clutching said you’re a dumbfuck. Here you are still babbling away like you weren’t made to look like a complete fucking know nothing retard. 

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 hours ago, Kivalo said:

Smart shox on the VR1 was the only thi g that caught my eye. Dont get me wrong, its a nice lineup just not new except BNG and the Dynamix system.

In a stunning piece of Polaris engineering they re-installed rail caps on some models.  :lol:  Best part is they actually advertise this.  

20 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Everyone that knows anything about clutching said you’re a dumbfuck

About as factual as your definition of turbocharged. I'd ask you to back it up but it's hard to back up bullshit so I'll let it slide again. :bc: 

Adjust on the fly shocks are nice 

doos smart shocks where they’re “semi active” are just a marketing gimmick and lots of people have problems with them not working properly 

14 minutes ago, Rod said:

doos smart shocks where they’re “semi active” are just a marketing gimmick and lots of people have problems with them not working properly 

I'm a bit skeptical of them holding up for an entire season in cold temps and what not, but my buddy spent time on that sled and claims it's super impressive.  Flat cornering was incredible.

14 hours ago, airflite1 said:

At just over $20,000 for the 136.

Yeah its probably like $24k with everything added up. :flush:

I am not doing the +$20k sled thing. These winters just dont warrant it

• Like 2

Was anyone actually impressed by this Polaris release?

Maybe it is my apathy due to such a poor season. I tend to agree with @Bontz that everything including price are painting a grim picture of the future. 3 years ago, Polaris looked to be in a position to challenge Ski-Doo's marketshare. Now, I question their ability to hang on to the #2 spot.....

• Like 1

Remember when doo wanted to make a cheaper entry level sled so they actually spent money developing around a 60 hp 600 two stroke :lol: 

@Ziemann .. the comment about holding on to #2 is something they (Polaris) better be prepared to address.  The combination of these prices and the ridiculous number of quality & stop rides are going to force even the most faithful to look elsewhere - or at least give serious consideration to Cat or SkiDoo.  I honestly could see myself stopping in at the local Cat dealer to talk about the 858 (but I'm not going to).  My VR1 is still brand new, so I have zero need for a 2025 ... next year though, who knows.

I was messing around on the snowcheck page just to humor myself, and I think if I were to pull the trigger on a new Polaris I'd be looking pretty seriously at the Assault (850, not the 9R or Boost).

1 hour ago, Rod said:

Smart Shocks are awesome

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

I'm a bit skeptical of them holding up for an entire season in cold temps and what not, but my buddy spent time on that sled and claims it's super impressive.  Flat cornering was incredible.

Have had zero issues with the Smart shocks on my Mach, very impressed. Almost everybody raves about

them, except the resident expert. If the Polaris system works even close it's a win for them.....except the cost

1 hour ago, Rod said:

Old sleds ftw 

No, if there were only couch models many of us with back issues would no longer be sledding

9 minutes ago, Rod said:

Remember when doo wanted to make a cheaper entry level sled so they actually spent money developing around a 60 hp 600 two stroke :lol: 

Ah, they detuned a 600, removed Rave valves and gave it EFI instead of ETEC. How much development do you think that took? We've had three different 600efi's and they are excellent. This was the difference for me last year when I purchased a bush sled, liked the Voyageur but had no interest in the old gas guzzling 550 offered, so bought an Expedition with a 600

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, oldslowsledder said:

Smart Shocks are awesome

Have had zero issues with the Smart shocks on my Mach, very impressed. Almost everybody raves about

them, except the resident expert. If the Polaris system works even close it's a win for them.....except the cost

No, if there were only couch models many of us with back issues would no longer be sledding

Ah, they detuned a 600, removed Rave valves and gave it EFI instead of ETEC. How much development do you think that took? We've had three different 600efi's and they are excellent. This was the difference for me last year when I purchased a bush sled, liked the Voyageur but had no interest in the old gas guzzling 550 offered, so bought an Expedition with a 600

Lmao it was 40 hp. Now you can get up to 55!

3 minutes ago, Rod said:

Lmao it was 40 hp. Now you can get up to 55!

Same engine, detuned for the smaller Neo midsized sleds and you have the hp option, always did

5 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

This.  As well as those of us who don’t want to develop back issues.  You aren’t putting 3-4000+ miles in a season on ass draggers when the age starts becoming an issue.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Just now, oldslowsledder said:

Same engine, detuned for the smaller Neo midsized sleds and you have the hp option, always did

Yup pretty dumb 

2 minutes ago, oldslowsledder said:

Really? Great to have those options, don't know how you could see it as dumb

40 hp

dumb 

48 minutes ago, Bontz said:

@Ziemann .. the comment about holding on to #2 is something they (Polaris) better be prepared to address.  The combination of these prices and the ridiculous number of quality & stop rides are going to force even the most faithful to look elsewhere - or at least give serious consideration to Cat or SkiDoo.  I honestly could see myself stopping in at the local Cat dealer to talk about the 858 (but I'm not going to).  My VR1 is still brand new, so I have zero need for a 2025 ... next year though, who knows.

I was messing around on the snowcheck page just to humor myself, and I think if I were to pull the trigger on a new Polaris I'd be looking pretty seriously at the Assault (850, not the 9R or Boost).

I also spent some time on the Polaris Snowcheck page- I'd now be well over $18,000 for a sled that I'd want to order. Fuck that. My '23 VR-1 has been solid, but based on Polaris prices alone, I too will evaluate other options when it's time. Hell, there are "deals" to be had on Noncurrent sleds right now. Country Cat has new Catalysts for less than $12,000. That makes MUCH more sense to me than ordering a new Polaris.   

• Like 3

More '25 Polaris random thoughts:

My Poo/Doo riding buddies used to give me a ton of shit for riding a Cat Procross when it was a dinosaur. Now, they just give me shit about Polaris recalls, asking when my sled is going to explode, and if it is safe to ride, etc.....dicks.....

Why would anyone spring order a '25 Polaris? There are going to be some KILLER deals on Noncurrent sleds next fall. I have to think that Spring snowcheck sales this month will be pretty grim. Polaris's image in the sled market has suffered greatly, That, compounded by a bad winter and excess dealer inventory, makes ordering a '25 Polaris illogical..... 

Only thing good about that pricing is it made my used XCR worth more.

Seriously absurd.  A $12k leftover Cat is a much better deal.  There are going to be some great leftover deals again upcoming...

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Only thing good about that pricing is it made my used XCR worth more.

Seriously absurd.  A $12k leftover Cat is a much better deal.  There are going to be some great leftover deals again upcoming...

Exactly-I could also see adding the new Garmin display to one of Country Cat's leftover Catalysts. That would be a hell of a lot cheaper- and maybe a better option.

Frankly, I LOVE the Polaris 7s display, but it has been far from perfect. Occasionally Glitchy, hanging, rebooting, difficulty connecting, group ride glitches--- all well documented. I'm an expert at pushing and holding the Polaris button to force the 7s to reboot while riding to bring it back to life.

Polaris tried for a while to release frequent firmware updates for the 7s to fix the issues. Now it seems like they've given up. No firmware updates have been available since last March. As much as I love the 7s, the Garmin option on a Catalyst makes me even more tempted.....  

Polaris could have EASILY made me a customer for life. My ownership experience started very strong, and now the relationship is luke-warm at best......

I'm sitting here playing with the '25 Polaris Snowcheck pages....and I'm just not feeling it......

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Ziemann said:

Exactly-I could also see adding the new Garmin display to one of Country Cat's leftover Catalysts. That would be a hell of a lot cheaper- and maybe a better option.

Frankly, I LOVE the Polaris 7s display, but it has been far from perfect. Occasionally Glitchy, hanging, rebooting, difficulty connecting, group ride glitches--- all well documented. I'm an expert at pushing and holding the Polaris button to force the 7s to reboot while riding to bring it back to life.

Polaris tried for a while to release frequent firmware updates for the 7s to fix the issues. Now it seems like they've given up. No firmware updates have been available since last March. As much as I love the 7s, the Garmin option on a Catalyst makes me even more tempted.....  

Polaris could have EASILY made me a customer for life. My ownership experience started very strong, and now the relationship is luke-warm at best......

I'm sitting here playing with the '25 Polaris Snowcheck pages....and I'm just not feeling it......

Latest 7s update so far fixed my xcr.

i was having frequent lockups last two years.

this year all good!!

well for how many miles i rode it it didn’t!!

850 vr1 Dynamix about $18500 before taxes!

all special packages come with electric start and 7s including xcr

5 hours ago, Bontz said:

You better be up on your shock maintenance and from what I see that not the norm. 

All shocks start getting water in them and contaminate the oil which will effect how the IMU reads and reacts to the shocks.