Check your account email address ×

Polaris does it again

2 minutes ago, SSFB said:

Alright, that's damn sharp too. :bc:

Wife hates it.  Going to be changing out the panels to sunset red with XCR decals.

Tough pill to swallow seeing $22K (at a minimum) to put it in the trailer, especially after the season we just had.  And that's not even the Boost!!  I know they're supposed to be absolutely awesome, but no way am I spending that kind of money.  The manufacturers need a reality check on these things and what they cost.

• Like 1

Retail prices 136,137 1.35 track, premium color, painted rails, 7S

VR1 850 $18,618.00

VR1 850 Dynamix $20,718.00

XCR 850 $19,417..00

XCR 9R $22,516.00

20 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I’d take a leftover xc 850 for 11-12k all day long over these.

yeah we have been seeing the turbos and 9rs , and then realize. we don't need to go any fucking faster 

18 minutes ago, Doug said:

VR1 850 $18,618.00

XCR 850 $19,417..00

XCR 9R $22,516.00

I thought it was ridiculous paying $16K+ for a snowcheck just a few years ago.  As much as I can appreciate what the manufacturers are bringing to the table, I kinda wish customers would say F U and not snow check a single sled, strictly out of principle.  These prices are out of control, sorry (and it's an industry problem, not just Polaris).

• Like 2

Just now, Bontz said:

I thought it was ridiculous paying $16K+ for a snowcheck just a few years ago.  As much as I can appreciate what the manufacturers are bringing to the table, I kinda wish customers would say F U and not snow check a single sled, strictly out of principle.  These prices are out of control, sorry (and it's an industry problem, not just Polaris).

just like 105k denalis. keep buying, they keep making

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Doug said:

VR1 850 $18,618.00

XCR 850 $19,417..00

XCR 9R $22,516.00

Man that’s a big jump for basically big bore 

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Text my dealer told him he should go talk to the sales rep and ask if Polaris lost their mind on pricing.  Worst snow year in years, no incentives for repeat snow check customer's and prices have gone up. 

It's not going to be global warming that's going to kill the sport.

• Like 4

That's just it.  The sport is already hurting with the average age of an owner being something like 50 years old.  No way you're going to lure 20-something year olds into the sport with these prices.  Sorry, but I sure as fuck ain't spending that kind of money at this point in my life,b and I'll convert to buying holdover models that are discounted heavily when they don't sell vs. snow checking.  

• Gold Member

Prices are way too crazy for myself especially with the winters we’ve had the past couple years. I’m not a new buyer anyways I’ve wanted to just could never justify it. I will say considering how much more you get in these sleds than sleds from 25years ago the prices really aren’t that out of line. Top dog sled 25yrs ago was what 10k now it’s 22k but you get a 10x better sled.

IMG_5241.png

10 hours ago, Doug said:

22K just priced out one.

dogdeflector.thumb.png.26546c3c48622d495df0f6a62b31d063.png

Lynx says hold my beer... 

https://www.brplynx.com/us/en/shopping-tools/customize-your-own/build-your-own-app.html

9 hours ago, Bontz said:

Tough pill to swallow seeing $22K (at a minimum) to put it in the trailer, especially after the season we just had.  And that's not even the Boost!!  I know they're supposed to be absolutely awesome, but no way am I spending that kind of money.  The manufacturers need a reality check on these things and what they cost.

how much for the 9R b00st?  :crazy:

Just now, awful knawful said:

Can the get a primary to stay on one yet?

It’s Polaris so

Stay tuned for 2035

Polaris quality control and parts sourcing was fine precovid. Now it’s pretty poor. They need to get their shit together. They are making the best sleds in the market design wise but shit components are not fucking acceptable in a 15k sled. My buddy has bought 3 new poo sleds in the last 5 seasons and all 3 had clutch replacement under warranty. 

12 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Polaris quality control and parts sourcing was fine precovid. Now it’s pretty poor. They need to get their shit together. They are making the best sleds in the market design wise but shit components are not fucking acceptable in a 15k sled. My buddy has bought 3 new poo sleds in the last 5 seasons and all 3 had clutch replacement under warranty. 

Think cat is on their 4th primary redesign since 2012 

4 minutes ago, Rod said:

Think cat is on their 4th primary redesign since 2012 

It’s so fucking stupid I can’t understand it. A fucking PB80 performs as well or better than all these stupid ass new clutch designs and it’s routinely stands up to low boost 1200 application which would destroy the stock tra in an afternoon. How can a 50 year old design be lighter , stronger and better performing that everything these fucking faggots have come up with since? My bud is running the pb80 on his 850 etec after the stock clutch failed around 10,000 miles 

8 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s so fucking stupid I can’t understand it. A fucking PB80 performs as well or better than all these stupid ass new clutch designs and it’s routinely stands up to low boost 1200 application which would destroy the stock tra in an afternoon. How can a 50 year old design be lighter , stronger and better performing that everything these fucking faggots have come up with since? My bud is running the pb80 on his 850 etec after the stock clutch failed around 10,000 miles 

I put a pb80 on my 190 hp 925 this season and I have to say the trail performance is smooth as silk and very consistent 

i don’t get it either cause there’s so little moving parts in that clutch 

And so easy to tune 

24 minutes ago, Rod said:

I put a pb80 on my 190 hp 925 this season and I have to say the trail performance is smooth as silk and very consistent 

i don’t get it either cause there’s so little moving parts in that clutch 

And so easy to tune 

Yup , takes minutes to dial in and never touch it again, great belt life too

4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yup , takes minutes to dial in and never touch it again, great belt life too

Yup even if you add 75 hp :goodpost:

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, HSR said:

Yup even if you add 75 hp :goodpost:

EVERY FUCKING THREAD….what a bloody cunt you are.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1