Check your account email address ×

Another Polaris Recall

I had the same email pop up just a little while ago, and was just looking to see what sled of mind fell under this.  I can't find it in the "My Garage" portion of the Polaris website so I'm guessing it's my 2018 Assault.  

Just now, ActionfigureJoe said:

How much are you guys paying for these things? Half a years wages for some people. Unfuckijgbelievable. 

I paid just under $14K for my current sled, OTD.  If someone here is making $28K a year, I think it's time to re-think their career choice :lol:

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I paid just under $14K for my current sled, OTD.  If someone here is making $28K a year, I think it's time to re-think their career choice :lol:

You must be buying the cheap, lower powered machines. I’ve seen Polaris’ with asking prices at the local dealer of $22k. 

20 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I had the same email pop up just a little while ago, and was just looking to see what sled of mind fell under this.  I can't find it in the "My Garage" portion of the Polaris website so I'm guessing it's my 2018 Assault.  

Nope check your garage again.  

10 minutes ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

You must be buying the cheap, lower powered machines. I’ve seen Polaris’ with asking prices at the local dealer of $22k. 

Uhhh .. no.  But to be fair, yes I got a deal on this one thanks to a good connection.

2 minutes ago, Doug said:

Nope check your garage again.  

LOL ... OK Doug - fess up!!  Do you know something, I don't? :lol2: The email contains the VIN, and looking at my current sled, and 3 of my former sleds, that VIN isn't showing up.  The one sled that's not in "My Garage" is that Assault, so I'm wondering if that's the one?

12 minutes ago, Bontz said:

LOL ... OK Doug - fess up!!  Do you know something, I don't? :lol2: The email contains the VIN, and looking at my current sled, and 3 of my former sleds, that VIN isn't showing up.  The one sled that's not in "My Garage" is that Assault, so I'm wondering if that's the one?

Looked at my garage and the sleds I have in there all have a recall notice.  Sending out a decal for to fill the tank up with 10% 91 octane which doesn't make since

So now it’s not a stop ride but it was first time?fix didn’t fix but just keep it full and all is ok?

so this means if you didn’t get first recall done your now actually ok?

just need sticker?

Edited by X2700

A new sticker to be added ... that's funny stuff :lol2: I peel all the bullshit stickers off my sleds, normally, so I don't think this one will get put on.  Save the postage, Polaris, you don't need to send one to me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, ActionfigureJoe said:

Well the point still stands. If a person is making $44k per year, don’t buy a $22k sled. :lol:

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Bontz said:

A new sticker to be added ... that's funny stuff :lol2: I peel all the bullshit stickers off my sleds, normally, so I don't think this one will get put on.  Save the postage, Polaris, you don't need to send one to me.

Yes it's getting strange.  I'll continue to run non-ethenal 91 in my sled.  In my normal riding area I can't even find 10% ethanal

• Like 2

• Gold Member

Polaris needs to implement an easy way to remove the fuel from their tanks, if they’re going to keep blaming it on the gas. Last I knew you can’t even get a hose in the tank to siphon it out. 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
12 hours ago, Bontz said:

my 21 xcr 850 was $14,700

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, XCR INDY said:

Polaris needs to implement an easy way to remove the fuel from their tanks, if they’re going to keep blaming it on the gas. Last I knew you can’t even get a hose in the tank to siphon it out. 

I can siphon most of the fuel out of my 17 Switchback, I just use a Outboard motor prime ball . Not sure about the Matrix tho. 

But agree people are so bad about fuel storage and quality and its causing all the issues like always.  

• Like 1

what are they basing it on? i thought they couldn't reproduce the issue in the first recall. did someone explode? they act excited to tell you it's ok to ride . just run it in the detuned mode with gas you can't find. very little gas up north that isn't ethanol free when it's over 90 octane. 93 e10 is a rare thing, and our next one down is 89. so you may get some at home or on the way there , but once riding it goes 90-91 non eth or 89 e10. what a joke. polaris , you need to get a grip . you think we want to pay ridiculous money for a 1 month toy , only to wait till the very minute we go to use it to tell us it has an issue ? 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member

I find it very strange the NTSB, CPSC or whomever would require recalls on snowmobiles is allowing this "fix" regarding a fire hazard.   Must be an extremely low rate of occurrence that even then they cannot for sure ascertain a cause.   

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1