Check your account email address ×

John deere rumor

John Deere isn’t buying cat. They already subcontracted most of the gator line to whoever bids it the lowest. Brp was building it at one time. There was also a bunch of rumors harly Davidson was going to buy cat then textron came along. If JD does anything with cat, it will be like what cat has done with catipillar, tracker, toro ect. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I will let you know if John Deere does anything with cat. If they do anything it will be told on Wednesday 

Nothing is happening with that. :read:

Even though it would be cool, I don’t JD would need the dirt side of AC in order to make it worthwhile, and I don’t know why Textron would give that up.  Argo, on the other hand, might want the snow side without dirt.

33 minutes ago, p51mstg said:

Even though it would be cool, I don’t JD would need the dirt side of AC in order to make it worthwhile, and I don’t know why Textron would give that up.  Argo, on the other hand, might want the snow side without dirt.

JD already has a bigger atv/utv lineup than AC.

Textron has decimated AC's market share on the dirt side, thinking they didn't need to sell AC machines with the tracker deal.  They are supposed to be coming with bigger/more powerful engines etc.  They are about halfway though MY 24, fwiw.

Argo has already tried to buy AC

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Tommcat said:

hey you pickle sniffer, where you been?

Hey Tommy!  Been a bit here and there.  Been too busy to spread my wings on two separate sites.  How you been?  :bc:

41 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Hey Tommy!  Been a bit here and there.  Been too busy to spread my wings on two separate sites.  How you been?  :bc:

i'd be a whole lot better with some fucking snow! lol

11 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

i'd be a whole lot better with some fucking snow! lol

Wasted year up here too.  I don’t see it turning either.  My sled hasn’t even made it off the lift yet.  I just started it last week again to keep it lubed up.  What, in the actual fuck, is going on????

6 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

Wasted year up here too.  I don’t see it turning either.  My sled hasn’t even made it off the lift yet.  I just started it last week again to keep it lubed up.  What, in the actual fuck, is going on????

we leave for the annual veterans benefit ride on thursday and i am not even bringing anything newer than my 75 Z this year

59 minutes ago, Tommcat said:

we leave for the annual veterans benefit ride on thursday and i am not even bringing anything newer than my 75 Z this year

Was supposed to guide the Veterans Ride here in Wisconsin yesterday. They pulled the plug on that 2 weeks ago.

1 minute ago, Tommcat said:

that sucks

Yes it does.

Last year it rained on the day of the ride so we took school busses to some of the stops and the snowmobile museum in St Germain.  Good time but not as good as riding.

On 2/12/2024 at 7:07 PM, Not greg b said:

I will let you know if John Deere does anything with cat. If they do anything it will be told on Wednesday 

It’s Wednesday and OMG can you believe it?
https://www.jdsleds.com/jdsleds/models/models.html

John Deere supplied snowmobiles for the 1980 Olympics. Wow. :news: