Check your account email address ×

• Platinum Contributing Member

Know a guy that returned his 1500 Poo.   Too noisy in the cab.   Dealer even installed a bunch of sound proofing that he claimed didn't do enough. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

Know a guy that returned his 1500 Poo.   Too noisy in the cab.   Dealer even installed a bunch of sound proofing that he claimed didn't do enough. 

Not sure what a 1500 is?

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I had the sxs thing nailed years ago when faggot stinker Dave was raving about them. Complete 100% poser fagmobiles. Slow as fuck and gayer than that. 

:lolz:

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Not sure what a 1500 is?

Wonder if the steeldrive transmission is more of the noise than the increased engine size.

https://www.polaris.com/en-us/off-road/ranger/models/ranger-xd-1500-northstar-edition/

Edited by Highmark
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Never saw 1 of those that I recall, also most here don't trail ride Rangers, they use them for work instead of Trails. RZR's tend to ride better.

No doubt.   I wouldn't own anything but the more utility Ranger or Defender.   Can't fit much wood, tree stands or multiple deer in the rear of General and I don't think CanAm has a version of the General with the smaller box. 

stands.JPG

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

No doubt.   I wouldn't own anything but the more utility Ranger or Defender.   Can't fit much wood, tree stands or multiple deer in the rear of General and I don't think CanAm has a version of the General with the smaller box. 

Commander.

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Commander.

Shit....I forgot that one.   Just not enough utility for me. 

I won't own a 4 door either as it can't make some of the tight turns on my trails. 

I don't road ride mine when I have a Gladiator. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

Short story about about a RZR that my son bought in NW Georgia. Saw an ad on Marketplace for a 22 Rzr and made a deal with the guy. Arranged for Uship to bring it north. Was picked up and lo and behold ended up stolen with the thieves even had the sack to post it on facebook the next day. My son saw the ad and reported to the police. Not much we can do said the popo even after my kid gave them pics and even the location and name of the poster. Called State Police main HQ and they said sorry out of our jurisdiction. Anyhow, insurance company is called and the fiasco continued with them, understandably as they had some legit questions. Told Ins co that the police were basically washing their hands and that the SXS was history. They did their investigation and 2 months later setlled. The police didn't really GAF and did basically nothing to get the SXS back. It ended up ok but the faith in law enforcement sunk to a new low.

Fast forward 6 months, he's looking for another SXS and guess what he sees, his stolen SXS in Virginia on marketplace! Calls the police in Virginia and the dubs in Georgia and once again they say nothing we can do even after he sends the ad. Incredible! Calls his ins co to let them know and they say call the cops. LOL!! Told them he did and that they've washed their hands of it. Ins co says oh well we settled with you and thats it. He asked wouldn't you guys like to potentially recoup some of the loss? Response was too much hassle and have a nice day. 

Moral of the story is if you have something stolen just report it to the police and ins co, answer any questions and move on. You'll save yourself a bunch of time and stress trying to help.

1 minute ago, J. Jackson said:

Short story about about a RZR that my son bought in NW Georgia. Saw an ad on Marketplace for a 22 Rzr and made a deal with the guy. Arranged for Uship to bring it north. Was picked up and lo and behold ended up stolen with the thieves even had the sack to post it on facebook the next day. My son saw the ad and reported to the police. Not much we can do said the popo even after my kid gave them pics and even the location and name of the poster. Called State Police main HQ and they said sorry out of our jurisdiction. Anyhow, insurance company is called and the fiasco continued with them, understandably as they had some legit questions. Told Ins co that the police were basically washing their hands and that the SXS was history. They did their investigation and 2 months later setlled. The police didn't really GAF and did basically nothing to get the SXS back. It ended up ok but the faith in law enforcement sunk to a new low.

Fast forward 6 months, he's looking for another SXS and guess what he sees, his stolen SXS in Virginia on marketplace! Calls the police in Virginia and the dubs in Georgia and once again they say nothing we can do even after he sends the ad. Incredible! Calls his ins co to let them know and they say call the cops. LOL!! Told them he did and that they've washed their hands of it. Ins co says oh well we settled with you and thats it. He asked wouldn't you guys like to potentially recoup some of the loss? Response was too much hassle and have a nice day. 

Moral of the story is if you have something stolen just report it to the police and ins co, answer any questions and move on. You'll save yourself a bunch of time and stress trying to help.

That is why thieves thrive . No concsequences

• Like 1

• Gold Member

Cant get into SXS's . At $25k I thought they were retarded . Cant imagine spending $40-70k . Maybe if you live on the trail system and can drive em around town . Maybe. 

Bud down the street got a brand new Polaris 1000 RZR couple years back. Had to have it. I rode in it once at the sand pit wasnt really impressed. Id still rather be on a dirt bike or quad. 

I think he took it to NH trail system once before realizing its not that fun and sold it. :lol:

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

Man you should drive an early cat sxs lol what garbage 

I have a commander but I don’t fawn over these things at all. It has its purpose. But no way am I paying 75k for one. But that’s where it is now with all options

SxS are ok. But I hate mud. Most fun I had on mine was early winter on a frozen trail 

75k is absolutely retarded, I’d rather pay 15k for a nice used jeep then you can actually plate it 

15 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Cant get into SXS's . At $25k I thought they were retarded . Cant imagine spending $40-70k . Maybe if you live on the trail system and can drive em around town . Maybe. 

Bud down the street got a brand new Polaris 1000 RZR couple years back. Had to have it. I rode in it once at the sand pit wasnt really impressed. Id still rather be on a dirt bike or quad. 

I think he took it to NH trail system once before realizing its not that fun and sold it. :lol:

Having both a SXS and 2 ATV's there are times for both..I like the SXS if I'm riding with the Wife, it has an amplifier and speakers for music or Radio. The ATV's are great when riding with other ATV riders and no SXS's, at least for us anyhow.

6 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

:lol:  A cool $75,500.

Neal

those things are retarded.   i have 2 friends 40k into Pro XP's.  my 2029 that was worth 20k last summers prob worth 15 now.  I could buy what they paid 40 for under 30 right now.  

25 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

those things are retarded.   i have 2 friends 40k into Pro XP's.  my 2029 that was worth 20k last summers prob worth 15 now.  I could buy what they paid 40 for under 30 right now.  

Sounds about right. Sold my 2017 rzr for 15k. Similar machines are around 10k now.

58 minutes ago, Rod said:

Man you should drive an early cat sxs lol what garbage 

It simply amazes me the amount of people buying them in my area just to road trip around county roads, run errands or drive them to work.   I see 3-5 on the roads every time I'm in my small town.   The vast, vast majority are the full box Ranger or Defender.  $30-$33K machines.  Without question many are taking over what use to be Harley riders.  A lot more useful I guess. 

I've seen fundraiser rides with hundreds of them pass my house in the country.

I would think it hurts auto/truck sales.   Someone is ready to trade up to a newer vehicle that will cost them around 20-30K....no problem keep what I got and get a UTV>    

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

50 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

"2029"?