Check your account email address ×

racing with greasy triples?

54 minutes ago, Palu49 said:

I think that it would basically be limited to people that already race and have the equipment from a cost standpoint. I’d think about going out for it just to have fun. Everyone on gunners podcast was wound up talking about it this week. I think the biggest safety issue and cost would come from literally every unrestored triple out there right now needs a track.

I heard that too! Maybe plow a mile long triples only radar run/drag race track?

1 hour ago, SlugsOnSleds said:

Sounds like fun...They got a vet class for 60+...

00Z0Z_MrcVXFMI1O_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

00101_3DA1WksewyK_0CI0t2_1200x900.jpg

00J0J_72dMlCF93Rs_0t20CI_1200x900.jpg

maybe, but your diaper must pass tech before entering and departing the race course.  all grease is required to stay within the bellypan.

28 minutes ago, Potatodigger1 said:

I heard that too! Maybe plow a mile long triples only radar run/drag race track?

They used to do a radar run at Pine Lake.

Everyone got on the lake at Sportsman's and the radar guy's gate came home with us!

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

FYI guys, I'm fairly certain with Pine Lake's and COR's rules, there is nothing that stops you from running your greasy triple 600 already.

it's more important to have their own special class... like snow bikes, or for old downhill ski's

have been through this in a prior unrelated activity

they'll want a class for sleds with carburetors too soon, bookmark it

but... greasy triples  :thumbsup:  

6 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Chad is stepping up, will all the dick swingers that talk a big game on the FaceSpace step up?

image.png.c85db8075ec850800ef18931a103e17b.png

what's an R rated track going to cost them?   that alone might rule out the cheapskates 

17 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

what's an R rated track going to cost them?   that alone might rule out the cheapskates 

If erx can do it they can. Ishole had his sled literally explode into a fireball on the last lap and said I knew it was on fire for the last couple laps but wanted to win. Him and kamm did less prep work than a lot of the people. The pits were a shit show last year as they had so many people enter. None of the big pros were there last year probably because their teams said don’t do that. Levi, Andrew carolson, Jeremy from speedwerx, and some pro lite guys raced in it. 

Edited by Not greg b

On 1/26/2024 at 6:13 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Like $750.  Just a $25 transponder rental fee and making them upgrade their helmet from the one they bought with the sled when it was new will rule out the cheapskates.

16 hours ago, Not greg b said:

If erx can do it they can. Ishole had his sled literally explode into a fireball on the last lap and said I knew it was on fire for the last couple laps but wanted to win. Him and kamm did less prep work than a lot of the people. The pits were a shit show last year as they had so many people enter. None of the big pros were there last year probably because their teams said don’t do that. Levi, Andrew carolson, Jeremy from speedwerx, and some pro lite guys raced in it. 

You'll also have sleds doing 110mph+.  It isn't like ERX were less then 10% of them know what they are doing and everyone else is just tearing shit up with 3/4" lugs going nowhere fast.

Like I said, it'll be a lot of people who will say they'll do it, but when it comes time to put carbide to ice, they just won't see the numbers, even with a healthy purse. 

Who is going to put 192+- studs and 4-8" comp bars on their sled with a new track, and go buy all the safety gear?

Hell, half those window lickers will bitch that they had to track down a used $5 tether at Princeton.

• Haha 1

On 1/27/2024 at 4:01 PM, racinfarmer said:

Like $750.  Just a $25 transponder rental fee and making them upgrade their helmet from the one they bought with the sled when it was new will rule out the cheapskates.

You'll also have sleds doing 110mph+.  It isn't like ERX were less then 10% of them know what they are doing and everyone else is just tearing shit up with 3/4" lugs going nowhere fast.

Like I said, it'll be a lot of people who will say they'll do it, but when it comes time to put carbide to ice, they just won't see the numbers, even with a healthy purse. 

Who is going to put 192+- studs and 4-8" comp bars on their sled with a new track, and go buy all the safety gear?

Hell, half those window lickers will bitch that they had to track down a used $5 tether at Princeton.

ouch...  https://wahlracing.com/product/camso-oval-racing-tracks/

idk if we'll be buying one of those for the old former oval racer... ;)

27 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

ouch...  https://wahlracing.com/product/camso-oval-racing-tracks/

idk if we'll be buying one of those for the old former oval racer... ;)

I can just see the crew now.  Want to run original tracks on their 1996 XLT's and ZRT's.  Just fucking gernading them at 110mph down the third straight away.

15 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I can just see the crew now.  Want to run original tracks on their 1996 XLT's and ZRT's.  Just fucking gernading them at 110mph down the third straight away.

and trying to figure out why the brake doesn't work... 

was just perusing some of the ISR rules for vintage oval out of curiosity, it's far from run what'cha brung.  

10 minutes ago, Doug said:

Triple triples also would nice fir a coat rack

20240127_185501.jpg

you don't need coats anyway... cuz global warming

global warming is caused by triple triples 

:sarcasm1:

• 2 weeks later...
15 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Gunner picked himself up a non-greasy triple triple at the Soo.

Who else is stepping up?

that's a pretty sweet ZRT he scored

definitely lacking greasy though 

23 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Gunner picked himself up a non-greasy triple triple at the Soo.

Who else is stepping up?

I just picked up a motor with 130lbs in each hole for $200 and a buddy of mine from Jersey has a chassis with 2 hoods and 2 skids he’s dropping off on his way by if we ever get snow up here again. I needed another project like hole in the head.

• Haha 1

Just now, racinfarmer said:

I want to see someone race this race on a Triple Touring with the 2 up'er still on it.

You know someone will and it will out run a sidewinder because they have a hooper 1400 in it 

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I want to see someone race this race on a Triple Touring with the 2 up'er still on it.

git bizzy.... even has a beer rack

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1439060030362320/

is there a two up class?  maybe @ZR6000RR would ride bitch with you... :dunno:

I like this... and don't need it.  you do... 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/193554450467028?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A08768bfb-77f2-48f9-9ea7-61885d8dda3e

Edited by Crnr2Crnr