Check your account email address ×

racing with greasy triples?

10 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

I want to see someone race this race on a Triple Touring with the 2 up'er still on it.

There is a triple touring on marketplace for 1400 bucks I was thinking about, can get alot more studs in that bad boy

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

git bizzy.... even has a beer rack

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1439060030362320/

is there a two up class?  maybe @ZR6000RR would ride bitch with you... :dunno:

I like this... and don't need it.  you do... 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/193554450467028?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A08768bfb-77f2-48f9-9ea7-61885d8dda3e

Absolutely not on that 2up. They have it with the Tcat motor in it. That’s the one you want 

11 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

Absolutely not on that 2up. They have it with the Tcat motor in it. That’s the one you want 

Triple touring sounds cooler than pantera though and as far as I know only 600s were Triple touring 8s and 1000s were all panteras

15 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

git bizzy.... even has a beer rack

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/1439060030362320/

is there a two up class?  maybe @ZR6000RR would ride bitch with you... :dunno:

I like this... and don't need it.  you do... 

https://www.facebook.com/marketplace/item/193554450467028?ref=search&referral_code=null&referral_story_type=post&tracking=browse_serp%3A08768bfb-77f2-48f9-9ea7-61885d8dda3e

He'd demand heated grips on the back and we all know that takes away the magic pixies from the sparkataters over the fire make it happeners, so no, @ZR6000RR will not be riding bitch.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Triple touring sounds cooler than pantera though and as far as I know only 600s were Triple touring 8s and 1000s were all panteras

They may have been. It’s been a while 

8 hours ago, Not greg b said:

600cc limit 

7 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

He'd demand heated grips on the back and we all know that takes away the magic pixies from the sparkataters over the fire make it happeners, so no, @ZR6000RR will not be riding bitch.

I'll commit to sponsoring heated mittens for him... and the beer.  We'll stick a GoPro to his helmet and watch his eyes bug out once the mocheen exceeds 66mph.

Don't miss out on this opportunity ;)

1 hour ago, Palu49 said:

Fuck boys, this clean one owner set is up for 2 beans or best offer with the far one being a mint triple touring

IMG_3199.png

two up ice lemans racing is the future... 

37dV.gif

On 2/8/2024 at 6:37 AM, Crnr2Crnr said:

600cc limit 

I'll commit to sponsoring heated mittens for him... and the beer.  We'll stick a GoPro to his helmet and watch his eyes bug out once the mocheen exceeds 66mph.

Don't miss out on this opportunity ;)

Change the hood. They hire Alex to tech those ass dragger events on his day off. He checks for tall rizers and the hood stickers say what engine is in the sled so he doesn’t have to actually get up and lift the hood. 

37 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

If I get one, I'm going to run the ole Thief River hand gernade for a clutch and some rusty DG stingers.

shake the stingers and make sure the 'baffle' isn't broken loose and blocking the flow of exhaust during WOT before installation

don't ask me how I figured that one out... but one went straight into the trash

sled sure made a fuck load of noise before it broke though ;)

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, J. Jackson said:

Ouch!!!

1 hour ago, racinfarmer said:

03/04 F5's were wicked quick for a 500.

My GF at the time had an 03 f5, it would beat a catalyst in a drag race, and top speed.  I want to say it would roll just over 100 mph, but that was a long time ago, and "the older you get, the faster you were"

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, krom said:

My GF at the time had an 03 f5, it would beat a catalyst in a drag race, and top speed.  I want to say it would roll just over 100 mph, but that was a long time ago, and "the older you get, the faster you were"

A stock sno pro 500 might top end a catalyst in a long enough run. 

4 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

A stock sno pro 500 might top end a catalyst in a long enough run. 

Well now. Don’t get carried away :stop:   Load em with dimes and a shallower helix.  Well that’s with the “new improved racer gear set”.  Just saying.  :peace:   
:pc:

15 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Well now. Don’t get carried away :stop:   Load em with dimes and a shallower helix.  Well that’s with the “new improved racer gear set”.  Just saying.  :peace:   
:pc:

If there was snow I would take mine over to c2c and challenge him to a race. His giant windshield might make it unfair. 

8 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

If there was snow I would take mine over to c2c and challenge him to a race. His giant windshield might make it unfair. 

What a shit winter.  Crazy.  Will get them dialed in. Guessing a hundo on hard pack. Ice no problem. I just want less dust and heat after that if it goes hundo I’m good. I’m looking for good corner to corner also. And decent fuel mileage. 

• 2 weeks later...

Gerald Dyrdahl Memorial-Pine Lake 200 Snowmobile Race

We are going old school once again at next years race! We are having a fan favorite, “greasy triple” class at next years races.

Why? Because who doesn’t like the sound of triple’s racing across a frozen lake?

Here are the rules:

600 CC max engine displacement

2002 and older sleds

Run what you brung, modified sleds are allowed

All racers and sleds must comply with ISR safety rules and riders myst sign up through ISR.

Entry fee will be $150.00

Class will race both days

R rated tracks are not required, although a new track is highly recommended since some of you might be in the 120 MPH range.

Race format will depend on how many entries we get

Likely have a $3,000.00 purse for this class

Share away and tag your friends

#greasytriple