Check your account email address ×

Drive Across The UP…Eeesh

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

If you haven't been out there to ride sled, add it as a bucket list item.  Spearfish Canyon is absolutely beautiful, and the overall trail system out there is fantastic.  Just be careful if you venture off-trail and if the locals tell you it's not great snow.  Lots of stumps to be found!

Yeah it’s gorgeous for sure. This was last year right before Christmas. 

JBpde8R.jpeg

• Like 6

Just now, X2700 said:

Look forward to hearing how thing are out there for you!

I’ll try to take more pics than usual to give you guys an idea. I know everyone is itching to ride. I’m seeing lots of chatter on FB groups from guys in MN/WI/MI talking about coming here to ride. I’d be hard pressed to tell anyone to drive that far for 12-18” of snow but I understand the urge. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Its Ricky Racer playground and ive been guilty myself . :lol:

Slowing down as I get older/kids but that place on the weekends you gotta be a good rider. Fuckers coming at you at 70 on ur side . I wont even let my Wife ride there on the weekends too many Yahoos. 

Swear its all those fucking Upstate New Yorkers :hdchr:

:lol:

us NY'ers need to go somewhere as we are invaded by the Jersy Tucker Hibbert wannabee's:hdchr: 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

13 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Just took the quad for a rip to try and help with the pain ...:sad:

I even pulled the golf cart out of the shed yesterday for the new years family visit. 

Pissed rain all day and 10c

• Sad 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
15 hours ago, ckf said:

How long does it take you to get to Woodford?  I've never ridden there so I am not familiar with the snowmobiling. Aren't there a lot of Forest Service roads that don't require a lot of snow? 

I almost rode there back in the early to mid 90s. I was registered VT already because I was riding out of my in-laws in Newark anyway. I had my sled in the back of the truck when we went to Nicole's grandparents in Bennington for Christmas. I was hoping to sneak away for an afternoon, but didn't get the chance. My mouth was watering when we drove through as there was zero snow back home in NH or the NEK. The southern Greens and the Berkshires were the only areas that got the early storms that year.

Me and the wife went out to Bennington a few yrs ago. Was no snow here , Benington looked like a nice spring day. Woodford looked like mid february. Then heading west out of woodford the elevation drop explains it all.

• Like 1

The curse of John Dee hitting the entire snowbelt at once.  Weird year.  Haven't seen any snow that stuck on the mountains around here in Arizona either.  Usually by this time of year, there have been a few snow-makers to whiten up our visible peaks from where I live.

• Sad 2

• Gold Member
13 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

us NY'ers need to go somewhere as we are invaded by the Jersy Tucker Hibbert wannabee's:hdchr: 

I went to Woodford one day midweek and some Guy pulls in with Jersey plates. 

Gets out as I am unloading and starts asking me all these questions about where to go etc . 

Eventually asks me if he can follow me im like ya whatever ok. 9_9

Dude we go like maybe 20 miles and I stop at a intersection he comes up screaming at me ! Saying he wants to turn around,  Im like go ahead ! Says Im lost ! I gotta go back home! :lol:

I ride him back and he loads up and goes Home :lol:

Funniest shit I ever saw. Who drives from Jersey to ride for 30 minutes lmao? 

• Haha 2

19 hours ago, EvilBird said:

Its Ricky Racer playground and ive been guilty myself . :lol:

Slowing down as I get older/kids but that place on the weekends you gotta be a good rider. Fuckers coming at you at 70 on ur side . I wont even let my Wife ride there on the weekends too many Yahoos. 

Swear its all those fucking Upstate New Yorkers :hdchr:

:lol:

hey now. 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Snake said:

Certainly not in a shithole with speed limits on the trails... :lol:

I answered the thread in my first reply in a civilized manner. You then quoted me and toss in an insult.

Im not going to ruin a good thread so post whatever.

• Gold Member
23 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

hey now. 

14 hours ago, 01mxz800 said:

I was just fucking around. I rode with some Guys in brand new Doos last year from Upstate. Good Guys, could ride also. They had never been there but told me same thing Old Forge and Tug Hill were so nuts that year they had to venture out . They were impressed with the trails but complained of lack places to eat and stuff compared to OF. 

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

I was just fucking around. I rode with some Guys in brand new Doos last year from Upstate. Good Guys, could ride also. They had never been there but told me same thing Old Forge and Tug Hill were so nuts that year they had to venture out . They were impressed with the trails but complained of lack places to eat and stuff compared to OF. 

OF is for families and drinkers. tug hill is amazing , just not saturday 5pm. my buddies were all about vt , but had issues finding fuel, got bad fuel, lost due to poor signage. ny also has more than the hill and of. you should jump on some wed when we are going to the hill. i assure you, we can ride

• Like 2

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

OF is for families and drinkers. tug hill is amazing , just not saturday 5pm. my buddies were all about vt , but had issues finding fuel, got bad fuel, lost due to poor signage. ny also has more than the hill and of. you should jump on some wed when we are going to the hill. i assure you, we can ride

Yeah I wanna get out there one of these days , never been.  Would love to get a hotel for a week and explore the area with the Wife. 

• Like 1

The mid West isn't thrilling as of last week..

Cody, WY was ,60 degrees

West Yellowstone,  WY was warm 

12/27/2023 it's warm here + I have my lawnmower out cleaning up what I didn't finish.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Yeah I wanna get out there one of these days , never been.  Would love to get a hotel for a week and explore the area with the Wife. 

i'll give you a 180 mile loop, leave truck at 830, back at 3. that includes lunch and some trail "stops". you will see more tug hill in 7 hours than many have ever seen 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

30 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

I'm surprised that the signage wasn't very good in southern VT. It's always been great whenever I have ridden in the NEK.