Check your account email address ×

Tesla Drivers Have the Highest Crash Rate of Any Brand: Study

• Platinum Contributing Member

Just days after Tesla was forced to recall nearly every car it ever made over safety issues involving its Autopilot system, a new report alleges that Tesla has the highest accident rate of any automotive brand. LendingTree, the auto loan and mortgage giant, didn't go any further into its analysis other than to look at crash numbers. The report doesn't explain why Teslas crashed at a higher rate than any other brand, only that it does.

According to LendingTree, between Nov. 14, 2022, and Nov. 14, 2023, there were 23.54 Tesla accidents per 1,000 drivers. Only two other brands had more than 20 accidents per 1,000 drivers, Ram (22.76) and Subaru (20.90). That accident rate also helped it earn the second-highest incident rate, 31.13, behind only Ram (32.90). The difference between accident rate and incident rate is that the latter also factors DUIs, speeding, and any other citations.

The best part is, if you read into the numbers, Teslas have the second highest number of incidents, the highest number of accidents, and are in the lower 1/3 of DUI's.

That means they are shitty drivers all on their own, without the aid of the impairments.

One of my employees forwarded this article onto Tesla boy they used to work with.

36 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

bad drivers in a vehicle too powerful for them not surprising.   the fact that those things are too fast to run an NHRA dragstrip with no cage but any fucktard with $ can get one with ludicrous mode is ludicrous.  

I'm guessing the majority are techies.  Probably playing with their phones or other distractions 

2 hours ago, Rod said:

EV’s are silly but this is probably attributed a lot to the low intellect of the owners 

More likely book smart people with zero common sense. 

5 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Tesla sells the most autopilot cars…….i can’t believe I have to type that fact.

That speaks more to the level of moron that allows the car to go on autopilot and get distracted.

There is a massive difference if an aircraft at 30,000 feet,  than on a highway surrounded by vehicles.

"But it's called autopilot" as the jaws of life come out, only cuts it if you're a EV douchebag on his period.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Tesla sells the most autopilot cars…….i can’t believe I have to type that fact.

Tesla drivers are:

#1 for accidents (article)
#2 for incidents (article)
Bottom 1/3rd for DUI's (article)
Sell the most Autopilot vehicles (you)

All signs point to the average Tesla driver as being a shitty driver.

• Haha 3

• Gold Member

I love when they come in for an estimate oh sorry we can’t work on your car Tesla won’t sell us parts. Where do I go? Hmmm good question Tesla only has 1 certified shop in NH probably take it down to mass they have a handful more. Oh and there labor rate is $239hr insurance pays $60 so open your wallet wide have a nice day hahaha.

• Haha 3

7 minutes ago, 800renegaderider said:

I love when they come in for an estimate oh sorry we can’t work on your car Tesla won’t sell us parts. Where do I go? Hmmm good question Tesla only has 1 certified shop in NH probably take it down to mass they have a handful more. Oh and there labor rate is $239hr insurance pays $60 so open your wallet wide have a nice day hahaha.

Are you a body man?