Check your account email address ×

Mask up again.....

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Our camp mate Sal Rosenburg (Ron)is getting over it.  Hows she feeling?

She's not feeling to good, congested, running nose, hot and cold spells..

Yeah, we've had a few people at work who've tested positive too.  But the overall consensus is that it's not wiping them out like the 'Vid did 2 years ago (and no, don't tell me that's because of boosters .... 2 of the 3 people said no to the boosters).  I've said it before and I'll say it again, prior to Covid - people would call this flu season.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Hopefully she shakes it soon.  Wife and my admin both had nasty colds, and have been coughing for at least a month now.  Not covid though.  I'm knocking on wood, I've been good.

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Hopefully she shakes it soon.  Wife and my admin both had nasty colds, and have been coughing for at least a month now.  Not covid though.  I'm knocking on wood, I've been good.

Seems to be going around, that time of the year though 

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

My buddy at work was dealing with the lingering crud too (close to 3 weeks).  He finally bit the bullet and went to the doctor earlier this week and the doctor told him the crud was made worse due to his asthma (it wasn't COVID).  They put him on a nebulizer and gave him a shot of Prednisone (sp?) and he said it was almost like flipping a switch.  He still had a cough here and there, but nothing like he'd been dealing with.

@Rigid1 - I hope the GF is back to feeling 100% soon

• Thanks 1

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Just getting over it myself.  Natural immunity did shit.  Odd muscular pains which I hope are done as they make it really hard to sleep.

same here really weird . 

2 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

Wife just texted me , one of her co workers has it. Glad she found out as their co xmass party is this afternoon.

Yep, ours is this evening, obviously she is not coming with me

29 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

The GF tested positive for the Vid last night..

20 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

She will be fine.... Mine started the same way.. a little bit of a fever, aches and pains chills flu like symptoms.... But within 2 days those symptoms were gone and it was just mild cold like symptoms

19 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Yeah, we've had a few people at work who've tested positive too.  But the overall consensus is that it's not wiping them out like the 'Vid did 2 years ago (and no, don't tell me that's because of boosters .... 2 of the 3 people said no to the boosters).  I've said it before and I'll say it again, prior to Covid - people would call this flu season.

Yeah I'm already over mine in less than a week...... Feeling fine now and didn't miss one day of work. I think half our work building has it but everyone's powering through it for the most part and just spreading the joy.  :lmao:....... This variant pales in comparison to the one I had two years ago .    Or perhaps I still had some natural immunity. 

Anyone getting a booster because of this variant is out of their mind

• Like 1

Wife had been sick for about 4-5 days, deep cough, running nose and headache, I talked her into going to the Doc, she tested positive, said to stay home for 5 more days, she's better now and heading back to work today.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

She will be fine.... Mine started the same way.. a little bit of a fever, aches and pains chills flu like symptoms.... But within 2 days those symptoms were gone and it was just mild cold like symptoms

Yeah I'm already over mine in less than a week...... Feeling fine now and didn't miss one day of work. I think half our work building has it but everyone's powering through it for the most part and just spreading the joy.  :lmao:....... This variant pales in comparison to the one I had two years ago .    Or perhaps I still had some natural immunity. 

Anyone getting a booster because of this variant is out of their mind

I'm not too worried about it, neither is she, I think this is 3rd or 4th time she's had it..

23 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Just getting over it myself.  Natural immunity did shit.  Odd muscular pains which I hope are done as they make it really hard to sleep.

I may have to agree with you on this one 🤔........ If I lift something a certain way, I get a weird pain in my right arm,... something I've never felt before.  Started about a week before I had any other symptoms..... Still feel it but not quite as bad, seems to be subsiding. Real strange, almost nerve like.

13 minutes ago, Bontz said:

My buddy at work was dealing with the lingering crud too (close to 3 weeks).  He finally bit the bullet and went to the doctor earlier this week and the doctor told him the crud was made worse due to his asthma (it wasn't COVID).  They put him on a nebulizer and gave him a shot of Prednisone (sp?) and he said it was almost like flipping a switch.  He still had a cough here and there, but nothing like he'd been dealing with.

@Rigid1 - I hope the GF is back to feeling 100% soon

We all had or are going thru a respiratory virus not covid, tested several times not flu, not covid. Inhaler, cough meds, 2 weeks to a month for this shit to clear out completely, coughing up phlegm, taking chills, breaking sweats and coughing and coughing, felt like you are breathing thru a straw, breathing treatment & inhaler helped.

Are the lockdowns coming back?

Please baby Jebus, I so miss not having to get all peopley around your birthday!

34 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Yeah seem the vaccinated get it worse 

1 minute ago, Voodoo said:

Are the lockdowns coming back?

Please baby Jebus, I so miss not having to get all peopley around your birthday!

Lockdowns should be back around June or July, election year in the US................... :stirthepot:

• Haha 1