Check your account email address ×

Republicans v/s Reality….

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Went to starbucks once. I said just give me a regular coffee or whatever is closest to it. All those stupid fucking names! Never went to one again.

Similar experience for me.  My wife spotted a Starbucks prior to the kid's volleyball tournament a couple years ago, and I was like, "Eh what the hell I'll give it a go."  Like you, I asked for the regular ... and it was pure garbage.  I don't mind strong coffee, but that shit was awful.

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Similar experience for me.  My wife spotted a Starbucks prior to the kid's volleyball tournament a couple years ago, and I was like, "Eh what the hell I'll give it a go."  Like you, I asked for the regular ... and it was pure garbage.  I don't mind strong coffee, but that shit was awful.

Starbucks tastes burnt to me. Don't mind Caribou but around me we have Moka, it's decent. Much prefer Black Rifle from home pot though. Cheaper and tastes MUCH better.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Mainecat said:

The rest of the world is far worse.

Not at all.  Just measured stupidly.  Food is still super cheap in Germany and throughout most of Europe and gas is on par with what it is in CA when it used to be nearly twice here.  Since I am not moving, what is happening here is far worse than Europe.

• Platinum Contributing Member
14 minutes ago, hayward said:

If you're gonna be a metrosexual and buy coffee on a credit card, you might as well drink houty-touty metrosexual coffee...

I make it at home you idiot.

25 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Went to starbucks once. I said just give me a regular coffee or whatever is closest to it. All those stupid fucking names! Never went to one again.

Their shit is super nasty.  Seriously bad.  

20 minutes ago, hayward said:

$10 for a fucking coffee?  Let me ask again.....

how many people I wonder exceed $275/month on their credit card with coffee purchases alone?  :lol:

Over what period of time?  So far this year I am over that, but I replaced my 20 year old Quickmill with a new machine.  Contemplating a new roaster as well which would really fuck the average in the short term.  Long term though it does the opposite.

• Like 1

• Gold Member
48 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I cant remember the last time I paid cash for a coffee.

:lol:

43 minutes ago, akvanden said:

Nefarious “they(s)” are tracking you. 

38 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Let them!

34 minutes ago, hayward said:

If you're gonna be a metrosexual and buy coffee on a credit card, you might as well drink houty-touty metrosexual coffee...

:lol::owned:

20 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I make it at home you idiot.

:backpeddle:

3 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if paying a smidgen more in income taxes directed squarely at reducing our debt by 1% and rolling back spending to 2019 levels were discussed would you be on board with it?

@SnowRider

@racer254

Who do you know that works by getting tax dollars?  You are worried about some $$$ somewhere

Edited by racer254

3 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Who do you know that works by getting tax dollars?  You are worried about some $$$ somewhere

no, and don't be a prototypical pussy by dodging a simple yes or no question before your polar opposite beats you to it.

if you just wanna play dodgeball I'll stop back in the morning chump

24 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

no, and don't be a prototypical pussy by dodging a simple yes or no question before your polar opposite beats you to it.

if you just wanna play dodgeball I'll stop back in the morning chump

Just tell the truth.  You are getting some govmint $$$ somewhere

Just now, racer254 said:

Just tell the truth.  You are getting some govmint $$$ somewhere

for the thousandth time you blithering fucking moron, I'm not.  I work, have investments, I pay taxes and a family to look out for.

maybe @SnowRider is actually more manly than you... :dunno:

10 hours ago, Steve753 said:

First time I went into a Starbucks I asked for a large and the snobby chick corrected me with their name for it. I said yeah, a large coffee then she did it again

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

for the thousandth time you blithering fucking moron, I'm not.  I work, have investments, I pay taxes and a family to look out for.

maybe @SnowRider is actually more manly than you... :dunno:

Don't you live in a corrupt liberal wasteland of the Madison area in Wisconsin?  I remember how awful the liberals and public sector unions acted when Scott Walker turned them away from the trough.

6 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Don't you live in a corrupt liberal wasteland of the Madison area in Wisconsin?  I remember how awful the liberals and public sector unions acted when Scott Walker turned them away from the trough.

no, north central WI 

red dot

Screenshot_20231122-072124.png

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

32 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Good lord was it ever pathetic. It was 100 X's worse than taking candy from a baby. The 50 years prior to Scott Walker the teachers union in WI royally fucked the taxpayer. 

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

First time I went into a Starbucks I asked for a large and the snobby chick corrected me with their name for it. I said yeah, a large coffee then she did it again

Was this you?  Attaboy!! :lol2:

• Haha 1

Just now, Skidooski said:

:lol2: I just wanted a large coffee

You mean venti!!!

There was another clip I've seen where the chick behind the counter had a really annoying voice, and the dude (customer) called her out for it and pissed her off.  Whenever I hear people talk about Starbucks, I think of that and the video clip above LOL

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You mean venti!!!

There was another clip I've seen where the chick behind the counter had a really annoying voice, and the dude (customer) called her out for it and pissed her off.  Whenever I hear people talk about Starbucks, I think of that and the video clip above LOL

I just posted that one. :lol:

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I just posted that one. :lol:

The annoying voice one? I love that one!  

That could be me in either of those two clips  :lol: 

Just gimme the damn coffee!  lol

Edited by Skidooski
  • Haha 2