Check your account email address ×

Skate To The Neck Kills Hockey Player

He’s from my area , I’d never met him but know many that have and that skated with him. I was in the bar yesterday for a burger and people that know his family were discussing how they were all gathered and watching a stream of his game when it happened live. 

• Sad 1

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

And there’s no way that was intentional in any fashion 

No shit!!!! There's no fucking way that was intentional,anyone that ever played the game would know this.

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

No shit!!!! There's no fucking way that was intentional,anyone that ever played the game would know this.

Never played, was he trying to check him and lost balance? Looks pretty fucking odd either way

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member

Not trying to stick his skate in his neck and kill him but definitely trying to get his knee up into the guys chest.   That part was intentional and led to the guys death.  He will have to live with that for the rest of his life.  Wasn't that dude the most penalized in the league as well? 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Not trying to stick his skate in his neck and kill him but definitely trying to get his knee up into the guys chest.   That part was intentional and led to the guys death.  He will have to live with that for the rest of his life.  Wasn't that dude the most penalized in the league as well? 

But it would still be a bent knee I would think. Bringing a leg up like that you know your blade is at head level. 

5 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That was my take, too ... he wasn't trying to hit the guy with his skate (no hockey player would ever intentionally try to do that), but he was clearly trying to use his leg/knee to hit the kid.  And that move didn't work out so well.  Like you said, he's gonna have to live with that for the rest of his life now.

• 3 weeks later...
39 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Man, that would suck being that dude.  I have zero doubts he was trying to make some sort of goon move with him lifting his leg up to hit Johnson the way he did.  But I also have zero doubt he would have ever considered his skate doing what it did.  It's a horrible, HORRIBLE, situation and the dude's gotta live with it the rest of his life.  By definition, it's manslaughter - so there's really no denying that.  It just sucks on many levels.

Copied from the link above??? 

Police say one person is now in custody for the death of a man who died after his throat was slashed by a skate blade late last month.

South Yorkshire police announced their detectives arrested a man Tuesday on suspicion of manslaughter in the death of 29-year-old Adam Johnson, who played for the Nottingham Panthers. Police haven’t released the suspect’s name as of this publishing.

The next thing that will finally be outlawed is fighting. As soon as someone gets a major punch in the head and is seriously injured, or ies from it, it will finally be removed from the game. As far as I know, it is the only sport were it is still encouraged and legal.

1 hour ago, Frostynuts said:

The next thing that will finally be outlawed is fighting. As soon as someone gets a major punch in the head and is seriously injured, or ies from it, it will finally be removed from the game. As far as I know, it is the only sport were it is still encouraged and legal.

McSorely and Bertuzzi were both criminally charged for on ice actions.