Check your account email address ×

You Can’t Even Eat The Deer

• Platinum Contributing Member
3 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Legal in wi. I've shot many with the .223 and they drop where they stand. Sure it's on the smaller end of what most think is big enough but it's just fine in the right situation 

Wait..it doesn’t demolish the animal?!😂

I don’t deer hunt much anymore but I’ve used pumps, bolts and levers….35 Remington, 30-30, .243, .270, 30.06….just practice and hit the animal in the right place and you’re good.👊🏻🇺🇸

• Like 1

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Any proper hunting rd moving at 3100fps and carrying 800lb ft is going to make a white tail dead right there. Should you be shooting them at 300yds with one? Probably not , there are better tools if your area is that open. 

Exactly, need to know the limits of the tool you're using. 

5 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Legal in wi. I've shot many with the .223 and they drop where they stand. Sure it's on the smaller end of what most think is big enough but it's just fine in the right situation 

I've shot several with my Model 70 22/250.

• Like 2

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

Wait..it doesn’t demolish the animal?!😂

I don’t deer hunt much anymore but I’ve used pumps, bolts and levers….35 Remington, 30-30, .243, .270, 30.06….just practice and hit the animal in the right place and you’re good.👊🏻🇺🇸

Pretty much! Where i hunt now i can't see past 100yds. The A-bolt 270wsm sits on the shelf and i use a marlin 30-30. Everyone with their big bolt actions laugh but i bring home the meat regularly 

• Like 2

Watching the video shows the obvious.  The blonde was pushing an ar weapons ban and to try and squash the 'hunting' aspect of the arguement, joy just throws out some dipshit comment.  Is there anyone on this forum that agrees or believes what she said?  Probably not, but there are people with no hunting or gun backround that will, then use it and un-inform others.  The nancy pelosi tactic

Edited by racer254
  • Like 4

12 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Watching the video shows the obvious.  The blonde was pushing an ar weapons ban and to try and squash the 'hunting' aspect of the arguement, joy just throws out some dipshit comment.  Is there anyone on this forum that agrees or believes what she said?  Probably not, but there are people with no hunting or gun backround that will, then use it and un-inform others.  The nancy pelosi tactic

I agree with her. 100%

• Haha 2

15 minutes ago, Cat45 said:

Pretty much! Where i hunt now i can't see past 100yds. The A-bolt 270wsm sits on the shelf and i use a marlin 30-30. Everyone with their big bolt actions laugh but i bring home the meat regularly 

My 35 remmington is my go to...field gun through and through.  It looks like it's been well used, because it is. 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, spin_dry said:

I use an AR for the annual Texas boar hunt. 55gr Remington Accutip. I’d have zero qualms about using that config for deer. Some in the group went to the Blackout round but came back to the .223 for a variety of reasons. Our hunts are always at night. Pretty much a turkey shoot. 

12 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I agree with her. 100%

You were supposed to log in as AFJ before the latter post.😂

• Haha 5

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

I did not know that.

The people peddling these lies like behare is saying are a problem that need to go away.  She may very well know what she said was a flat out lie, but there are some of her audience that actually believe her!  Thats a big problem.

Anyone who watches the view is already beyond help.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cat45 said:

I still have my dad’s 30-30 marlin lever and his 30.06 Browning Belgian BAR. He bought the fancy BAR and never used it. It’s never been shot. He bought the marlin shortly after WWII. He took down a lot of deer with it. It’s still got all the battle scars. 

• Like 2

A thread discussing Joy Behar's comments,,,wow. What have we come to :lmao: 

Who cares what the dumb cunt says :dunno:

I thought the thread was going to be about deer brain worm or something like that :sad:

11 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

How many states can you legaly shoot a deer with an ar-15 ?

And for all those folks who own guns and want gun control but dont want to say what they own for guns. It is because a .223 round is too small for a humane kill.

:lmao:No it's not.   People kill deer with 50 lb bows.  It's very acceptable caliber at correct range.   All calibers have limits.

Edited by Highmark

I've taken close to 50 deer and almost 30 moose in my life with with either a 30.06 pump and then my Ruger 7mm mag. You can never plan for whats going down while hunting and too much is better than not enough. Sometimes a wolf appears at 300 yds or the deer hunt quickly turns into a moose hunt, ya never know up here.

2 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

Years back (1991 ish) local guy here downed a Whitetail with a 17 cal..

I'd guarantee a well placed shot from a .22lr will kill a deer from the correct distance.  .17hmr even further out.   It's not ethical but it could be done.

Its not all about energy...if it was nobody could archery hunt.   Just killed a buck yesterday from 21 yards.   Went about 30 yards and dropped. G5 Montec fixed blade FTMFW.

20231027_132336.jpg

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 6