Check your account email address ×

You Can’t Even Eat The Deer

• Platinum Contributing Member

How many states can you legaly shoot a deer with an ar-15 ?

And for all those folks who own guns and want gun control but dont want to say what they own for guns. It is because a .223 round is too small for a humane kill.

Edited by steve from amherst

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

And for all those folks who own guns and want gun control but dont want to say what they own for guns. It is because a .223 round is too small for a humane kill.

Just bought a Browning BAR 30-06 from the old man.... 1986 model with no more than 10 rounds through it.

Dad bought it in Nashua...

Edited by Snake
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

Legal in Michigan 

In Canada you can….only if you are a native.

Whitey can’t even take it out of a safe.

Diversity is our strength 

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

It's legal here in Minnesota to use anything .22 centerfire. Personally I wouldn't but there are many people that do.

6 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I use an AR for the annual Texas boar hunt. 55gr Remington Accutip. I’d have zero qualms about using that config for deer. Some in the group went to the Blackout round but came back to the .223 for a variety of reasons. Our hunts are always at night. Pretty much a turkey shoot. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Are you fucking retarded? Seriously 

48D59AF1-ECFC-4B50-BDC0-D830E2967E22.jpeg

Edited by f7ben
  • Like 2

An AR15 is not a .223

An AR15 can be chambered in .223 or about 15 other calibers. 

.223 is a perfectly acceptable round for shooting whitetail deer with at fairly close range with a decent hunting round. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

Nice shot placement.👌🏻

Just now, SkisNH said:

Nice shot placement...congrats to her.

That was several years ago. She hasn’t really wanted to hunt since but this year she asked if we could go 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, f7ben said:

An AR15 is not a .223

An AR15 can be chambered in .223 or about 15 other calibers. 

.223 is a perfectly acceptable round for shooting whitetail deer with at fairly close range with a decent hunting round. 

Exactly many configs available, i have an ar that shoots 7.62 x 39.  And regarding the topic, typical bs from someone who doesnt have a clue.

6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Exactly many configs available, i have an ar that shoots 7.62 x 39.  And regarding the topic, typical bs from someone who doesnt have a clue.

Yes I have an ar chambered in 7.62x38 also. It failed last time shooting it. Wouldn’t extract the round. I haven’t looked yet but I’m assuming the bolt cracked at the extractor which is common. Not sure what I’m going to do for a bolt now 

Edited by f7ben

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Yes I have an ar chambered in 7.62 also. It failed last time shooting it. Wouldn’t extract the round. I haven’t looked yet but I’m assuming the bolt cracked at the extractor which is common. Not sure what I’m going to do for a bolt now 

Is that common because of the round?  I got one like this because i also have 3 chinese made sks', and it is a 'cheap' round for plunking targets.

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Is that common because of the round?  I got one like this because i also have 3 chinese made sks', and it is a 'cheap' round for plunking targets.

Yes it’s very common. The bolt fave gets machined pretty thin for 7.62 and when shooting steel case rounds the force required to extract is pretty high 

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

Yes it’s very common. The bolt fave gets machined pretty thin for 7.62 and when shooting steel case rounds the force required to extract is pretty high 

I did not know that.

The people peddling these lies like behare is saying are a problem that need to go away.  She may very well know what she said was a flat out lie, but there are some of her audience that actually believe her!  Thats a big problem.

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I did not know that.

The people peddling these lies like behare is saying are a problem that need to go away.  She may very well know what she said was a flat out lie, but there are some of her audience that actually believe her!  Thats a big problem.

That is all media now days , nothing but lies 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Cat45 said:

Legal in wi. I've shot many with the .223 and they drop where they stand. Sure it's on the smaller end of what most think is big enough but it's just fine in the right situation 

Any proper hunting rd moving at 3100fps and carrying 800lb ft is going to make a white tail dead right there. Should you be shooting them at 300yds with one? Probably not , there are better tools if your area is that open. 

• Like 1