Check your account email address ×

You Can’t Even Eat The Deer

1 minute ago, f7ben said:

Venison makes good jerky and sausage , the only part I enjoy eating otherwise is the back straps and tenderloins. They are delicious prepared correctly 

Yeah sausage

80%pork/20% floor sweepings. The taste still creeps in. 

13 minutes ago, XCR1250 said:

I think you just don't know how to make it.

I’ve got 4 pounds of elk meat in the freezer. I don’t need to add five pounds of seasoning to make it edible. You can keep your deer meat. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

Huh , never seen one of those. Must be a special match grade model or something. They are beautiful guns. I was lucky to snag mine. It was in the local pawn shop. Left hand model. I traded him an ar15 chambered in .224 Valkyrie which I absolutely hated plus $100 going his way for it. I think I had $550 in the ar. I’m guessing this a-bolt is worth $1300-1400 now. I wish I had spent every nickel on guns 5 years ago. 

This is his I'm pretty sure. They were at Scheels one day and he commented on how he though it was cool so mom bought it for his birthday. 

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/rifles/a-bolt/a-bolt-grade-3-octagon.html

5 hours ago, f7ben said:

I’ve shot right handed guns all my life until about 10 years ago I started buying a few I’m left. I’m right handed but left eye dominant. I skateboard goofy foot and shoot left but do everything else right. 

I'm the same, kinda have thought about trying to shoot left handed myself. 

Edited by Sled_Hed
  • Like 1

• Gold Member
31 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I like meat that doesn’t taste like it’s been pulled out of a dead man’s ass. 

8 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve got 4 pounds of elk meat in the freezer. I don’t need to add five pounds of seasoning to make it edible. You can keep your deer meat. 

fair enough , my apologies  :bc:

48 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

This is his I'm pretty sure. They were at Scheels one day and he commented on how he though it was cool so mom bought it for his birthday. 

https://www.browning.com/products/firearms/rifles/a-bolt/a-bolt-grade-3-octagon.html

I'm the same, kinda have thought about trying to shoot left handed myself. 

It’s funny how many people I’ve taken shooting for the first time and they sight with the wrong eye and need to be told to try the other way. 

51 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You don’t cut venison with pork because of the taste. You do it because it 99% lean and needs fat. 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I also have Elk and Moose, & Deer love all 3.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Snake said:

I could survive on deer meet if I had to.

If I had to.

I hate gamey meat.

x2,   I like some backstraps if they're done up right, but otherwise thanks I'm good.  Ate enough venison to know that I'm just not a fan.  Son in law just shot a moose a couple weeks ago, and I hear thats better, so we'll see.  My outlook is if I'm not wililng to harvest an animal, I have no business killing it.  Dad was a hunter, I still have his mint Savage 99 .308 , like 1962 vintage.  Just not a hunter.  Beautiful gun though.

7 minutes ago, f7ben said:

It’s funny how many people I’ve taken shooting for the first time and they sight with the wrong eye and need to be told to try the other way. 

I'm a lefty, but had lasik some years back, which makes my right eye distance focused, and my left eye reading focused.  It works great until I'm shooting a gun left handed and trying to focus.  Have to wear all distance glasses.  Shooting a gun right handed just feels weird to me.

• Like 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

x2,   I like some backstraps if they're done up right, but otherwise thanks I'm good.  Ate enough venison to know that I'm just not a fan.  Son in law just shot a moose a couple weeks ago, and I hear thats better, so we'll see.  My outlook is if I'm not wililng to harvest an animal, I have no business killing it.  Dad was a hunter, I still have his mint Savage 99 .308 , like 1962 vintage.  Just not a hunter.  Beautiful gun though.

I'm a lefty, but had lasik some years back, which makes my right eye distance focused, and my left eye reading focused.  It works great until I'm shooting a gun left handed and trying to focus.  Have to wear all distance glasses.  Shooting a gun right handed just feels weird to me.

Do you write left handed?

• Platinum Contributing Member
1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

He does a lot of things left handed. :lol: 

Reason i ask is my father is a lefty, but they forced him to learn how to write with his right hand when he started school. Was curious if they did the same to him.

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

Reason i ask is my father is a lefty, but they forced him to learn how to write with his right hand when he started school. Was curious if they did the same to him.

Fucking catholic nuns would do that shit. Left handedness was deemed crooked and evil.