Check your account email address ×

Gen Zers are 'increasingly drawn to simpler living.' Here's where they're moving.

9 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Or Indiana. The absolute armpit of the US. 

Yeah but its close to Chicago, not a very big move to get out of that shit hole.

Edited by Mag6240

10 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

north and south Dakota???

I get living simpler, but what kind of kid thinks I want to live where there's nothing to do? 

gamers?  are they buying a 1000 acres at a crack?  Guess I don't get it.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

When the Auto industry took a shit headhunters tried putting me in Gary, Indiana and that's exactly how it was described to me. I went to Utah then Idaho a few years later.

Just now, Skidooski said:

When the Auto industry took a shit headhunters tried putting me in Gary, Indiana and that's exactly how it was described to me. I went to Utah then Idaho a few years later.

Several years ago I was on a road trip to Florida with a friend. As we were driving though Indiana she woke up and looked around. She said “where the fuck are we”? :lol: 

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Skidooski said:

Yeah Gary is like a mini Detroit, not much going on there but Northwest Indiana is booming outside of Gary. 

31 minutes ago, Anler said:

Yeah Gary is like a mini Detroit, not much going on there but Northwest Indiana is booming outside of Gary. 

I'm so glad the Utah thing landed in my lap, it was one hell of an experience. Glad I didn't have to go to Gary even short term

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Several years ago I was on a road trip to Florida with a friend. As we were driving though Indiana she woke up and looked around. She said “where the fuck are we”? :lol: 

Hey Indiana is responsable for the discovery of the west coast.

During westward expansion , when stopped in Indiana , the leader climbed down of his horse, Looked around , lit a smoke and said 

This trip aint over yet boys cause there is no fucking way Im living here.

• Haha 3

Who's going to Indiana? :lol:

Thankfully it is just a short drive home to the abortion capital of the Country. Governor dummy answer is more gay and abortion. If young people are fleeing your State in record numbers for more conservative states, why would you think more liberal policies is the answer? 

13233282-58F2-4518-A566-65A2B7A12400.jpeg

6AF67C66-EE3D-4810-8BD0-76ED6DC37ABC.jpeg

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve been impressed with some Gen Zers. They couldn’t give two shit about how many possessions someone owns. Refreshing. 

They have come to the realization that the American dream doesn’t exist for them.  Home ownership and toys are a pipe dream.  Having an apartment and a decent vehicle is the new dream. 

26 minutes ago, Cold War said:

They have come to the realization that the American dream doesn’t exist for them.  Home ownership and toys are a pipe dream.  Having an apartment and a decent vehicle is the new dream. 

Sad but true and hopefully that changes. 

52 minutes ago, Cold War said:

And have to move to where the cost of living is lower to afford it 

Edited by Skidooski
  • Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

Sad but true and hopefully that changes. 

I hope so too, but not optimistic.  My son and his fiancé have decent jobs,  work 6 days a week, and can’t break the rental cycle. They pay as much to rent a small apartment as we do for our house. Average car payment is what 600-700 a month? 

43 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I’ve been impressed with some Gen Zers. They couldn’t give two shit about how many possessions someone owns. Refreshing. 

You’re talking to a bunch of conservative Repugs who can’t comprehend change.  Gen Zers have different priorities and i agree it’s refreshing. 

13 hours ago, Cold War said:

I hope so too, but not optimistic.  My son and his fiancé have decent jobs,  work 6 days a week, and can’t break the rental cycle. They pay as much to rent a small apartment as we do for our house. Average car payment is what 600-700 a month? 

I couldn’t afford a new car when I bought my first house. I drove an old beater Pontiac for a few years until I could. Priorities?

• Like 2

13 hours ago, X2700 said:

Campers,trailers and pontoons is all I see when flying through Indiana!!

had to be a busy place to be last couple years but that’s coming to screeching halt!!

They’ve managed to ship the absolute worst RV’s ever made over the last 3 years. Absolute garbage. Worst produced product ever. The entire place should be nuked.