Check your account email address ×

are people in general crazier now than they were a decade ago?

https://www.google.com/search?q=most+entitled+generation&oq=most+entitled+generation+&gs_lcrp=EgZjaHJvbWUyBggAEEUYOdIBCTE0MDE2ajBqN6gCALACAA&client=ms-android-americamovil-us-revc&sourceid=chrome-mobile&ie=UTF-8

in addition, when I look at our own child (17) who has never known life without the technology we utilize in our daily lives it's my opinion we as a society have created this monster.  thankfully ours is courteous, sharp and was raised with manners unlike many of the children of wolves I encounter. 

26 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I see it as much or more in older people, who are less likely social media users.  It's almost as if there's two generations which seemingly act more entitled than the rest.  Imo that's the Boomers and the millennials... :dunno: 

the group that bitches the most are GenXers. It’s rather embarrassing for them considering that they grew up in the best of times. Lowest crime rate, lowest interest rates, lowest housing prices and an abundance of inexpensive food. Overall, GenX has been a major disappoint given their propensity of being crybabies. Boomers could complain about a number of issues, but they don’t. 

55 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

the group that bitches the most are GenXers. It’s rather embarrassing for them considering that they grew up in the best of times. Lowest crime rate, lowest interest rates, lowest housing prices and an abundance of inexpensive food. Overall, GenX has been a major disappoint given their propensity of being crybabies. Boomers could complain about a number of issues, but they don’t. 

GenX... you mean the first generation to get fucked over by the boomers who only looked out for themselves? 

Currently, the Social Security Board of Trustees projects program cost to rise by 2035 so that taxes will be enough to pay for only 75 percent of scheduled benefits.  

Finally, as Treasury debt securities (trust fund assets) are redeemed in the future, they will just be replaced with public debt. If trust fund assets are exhausted without reform, benefits will necessarily be lowered with no effect on budget deficits.

https://www.ssa.gov/policy/docs/ssb/v70n3/v70n3p111.html

and their bratty millennial kids want us to pay their student loans as well?   how generous of us... 

10 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

GenX... you mean the first generation to get fucked over by the boomers who only looked out for themselves? 

Currently, the Social Security Board of Trustees projects program cost to rise by 2035 so that taxes will be enough to pay for only 75 percent of scheduled benefits.  

Finally, as Treasury debt securities (trust fund assets) are redeemed in the future, they will just be replaced with public debt. If trust fund assets are exhausted without reform, benefits will necessarily be lowered with no effect on budget deficits.

and their bratty millennial kids want us to pay their student loans as well?   how generous of us... 

You’re a perfect description of the typical GenXer. Wa wa wa wa. Poor me…poor me…poor me. 

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

:crazy:

17 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

You’re a perfect description of the typical GenXer. Wa wa wa wa. Poor me…poor me…poor me. 

I'm fine and will be fine. 

It's your greedy generation that made a mess of things for every generation behind them and got theirs.  

16 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

:crazy:

shuddup millennial... go play with your X box.

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm fine and will be fine. 

It's your greedy generation that made a mess of things for every generation behind them and got theirs.  

shuddup millennial... go play with your X box.

Will a  Super Nintendo work..

• Haha 3

3 hours ago, Highmark said:

People say shit online or in emails that they may have never in person.   Give that enough time and that is the way the act in real life.

I’ve never heard 50-60 year old men find more creative ways at calling people fags like they were in 7th grade all over again. 

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Thank you.  GenX is who is bringing those fabulous Gen Z safe space crybabies who can’t write in cursive and are 47th in the world in math.  All while being too stupid to understand why they’re called baby boomers and the impact it’s had on the math of SS, that our politicians misspent, not the boomers themselves.  Like we haven’t paid into it for 50+ years.  “Greedy”. What a bunch of crybaby shit.

Edited by DriftBusta
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

35 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Will a  Super Nintendo work..

that will suffice

27 minutes ago, akvanden said:

I’ve never heard 50-60 year old men find more creative ways at calling people fags like they were in 7th grade all over again. 

like in this place? 

Ben and Ace use it liberally 

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

And he has every other personality trait he is complaining about in this thread . :whistle:

Yes!  The truly stupid somehow think they are smarter than experts. Not just one expert but consensus of experts. 

Fb is great in a small town because some dipshit goes off about how stupid pharmacists or doctors are and you or someone else remembers them barely passing high school. Did they swear off drugs, earn their phd and have 20 years in a field of study?  Nope just a general labourer that somehow feels their opinion on vaccine efficacy is valid. 

20 years ago the majority of us knew how stupid we were on most topics and that 80% of the time an expert in their field knew better. From Doctor to Mechanic we knew they probably had a better handle than BillyBob dumfuck. 

George Bush and Donald Trump made stupidity and lies a badge of honour.