Check your account email address ×

are people in general crazier now than they were a decade ago?

30 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

If crazy means emotional.

I think I mean all of it...

Emotional

Irrational

Incapable of normal thought process

Rude 

Inconsiderate

Poor communication abilities

Me Me Me Me... 

Etc.

I don't like it... 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Emotional

Irrational

Rude 

Inconsiderate

Me Me Me Me... 

Etc.

I don't like it... 

Some call that “winning”

• Platinum Contributing Member
29 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

It's like the hive mind or something. When enough of us get riled up the rest of us get riled up. Like bees.

J6.

28 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Emotional

Irrational

Rude 

Inconsiderate

Me Me Me Me... 

Etc.

I don't like it... 

If people stopped judging each other all the above problems are solved 

47 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Emotional

Irrational

Rude 

Inconsiderate

Me Me Me Me... 

Etc.

I don't like it... 

complaining to a dozen loons on a obscure snowmobile site should help your cause.

So what you gonna do about it?:pc:

37 minutes ago, Roosting said:

social media is 100% to blame

it brings minor issues to the front and makes a mountain out of a mole hill.

add in the everyone needs a cause/crusade to be a part of and makes it their life 

JMO

People say shit online or in emails that they may have never in person.   Give that enough time and that is the way the act in real life.

• Like 4

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

People say shit online or in emails that they may have never in person.   Give that enough time and that is the way the act in real life.

That plus the fact they are absolutely ignorant on the complete details on a particular issue, pick a side and dig their feet in and refuse to listen to any and all counter arguments because their mind is made up already.

• Like 2

Just now, Roosting said:

That plus the fact they are absolutely ignorant on the complete details on a particular issue, pick a side and dig their feet in and refuse to listen to any and all counter arguments because their mind is made up already.

The change in women is unreal.   Their willingness to strike men nowadays is shocking.

Just now, Highmark said:

The change in women is unreal.   Their willingness to strike men nowadays is shocking.

Everyone is an expert on everything now. just ask them. LoL

Instead of living your own life and dealing with your own issues, it's take up a cause because the spotted bum fly needs people to fight for them to survive. 

And we are now seeing what that is doing to general interactions we have today. Us against them

9 minutes ago, Roosting said:

Everyone is an expert on everything now. just ask them. LoL

Instead of living your own life and dealing with your own issues, it's take up a cause because the spotted bum fly needs people to fight for them to survive. 

And we are now seeing what that is doing to general interactions we have today. Us against them

Trickle down from govt getting involved in everything in our lives.   

39 minutes ago, Pete said:

complaining to a dozen loons on a obscure snowmobile site should help your cause.

So what you gonna do about it?:pc:

move to a deserted island and learn how to cook coconuts and rat, I guess.

I would’ve worked another 5 years if culture hadn’t changed so much. It was a combination of burnout and frustration with the system. From my point of view it’s the increase of personality based narcissism that is contributing to the decline. The other is the opioid epidemic promoted through doctor’s offices and pharmaceutical companies. It was devastating to the culture. 

• Like 4

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

I would’ve worked another 5 years if culture hadn’t changed so much. It was a combination of burnout and frustration with the system. From my point of view it’s the increase of personality based narcissism that is contributing to the decline. The other is the opioid epidemic promoted through doctor’s offices and pharmaceutical companies. It was devastating to the culture. 

Tatoo culture is a prime example of that

3 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

otb, that's another big one.

11 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I agree with that and there are a number of reason's narcissism is on the rise. 

Edited by Highmark

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I agree with that and there are a number of reason's narcissism is on the rise. 

go on... 

I know a few people who've been stereotypical narcissists their entire lives, but it seems to be spreading and growing like a cancer... including types that to be frank aren't anyone special.

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, Roosting said:

social media is 100% to blame

it brings minor issues to the front and makes a mountain out of a mole hill.

add in the everyone needs a cause/crusade to be a part of and makes it their life 

JMO

Not sure I'd say 100% but it's definitely a huge factor.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Kivalo said:

Not sure I'd say 100% but it's definitely a huge factor.

I see it as much or more in older people, who are less likely social media users.  It's almost as if there's two generations which seemingly act more entitled than the rest.  Imo that's the Boomers and the millennials... :dunno: