Check your account email address ×

El Niño 2023/2024 - winter is canceled

AK440

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

Not a lot of shock rebuilding this fall? I would think shock guys would be getting a big break from work this fall.

Went to a couple vintage shows and seen some nice sleds.  There was a 74 Ski-Doo F/A that a guy did a real nice job putting a LQ 3 cylinder in.  If I could find a 1999 XCR 800 donor sled wouldn't mind exploring a TX/XCR 800 project.

20240203_124031.jpg

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Doug said:

Went to a couple vintage shows and seen some nice sleds.  There was a 74 Ski-Doo F/A that a guy did a real nice job putting a LQ 3 cylinder in.  If I could find a 1999 XCR 800 donor sled wouldn't mind exploring a TX/XCR 800 project.

20240203_124031.jpg

That thing is nice. Saw a few pics of it on Facebook. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

You're trying way too hard, Steve.  Find some other bait .. your existing bait stinks.

So no, gotcha. 

6 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

If we got dumped on it would eat it from both sides, sun up top and warm ground under.. Shit show. I will say I pissed a lot of money on aftermarket upgrades and general new stock parts for stuff that's nice to have in the garage this year.  Instead of fuel(sled & truck) and lunch out riding, i bought parts. Doing my part to keep this sport alive. Next year it wont snow in Alaska and all of USA will get over 100" . Wonder what that thread will be like?  :chatter:

:lol2:Mark my words…Never. Gonna. Happen. 

Alaska is too far north and too cold to ever not get any snow. It was -60°F in places a couple weeks ago and Anchorage and almost ran out of natural gas to meet the heating demands at the -20°F to -30°F temps. Even on the uncommon low snow year the state always has snow.

The lower 48 however is more fucked with each passing season. 

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

Never

I have said this a few times over the years. Got bit in the ass by a big dog. 
the USA is definitely fucked as years tick by I agree. Maybe 20-30 years it’s pretty much over here. I’ll probably be dead so I’m not gonna loose sleep tonight.  It’s just reality.  It’s not a conspiracy or fake it’s just a matter of when not IF.   Guessing I’ll get blown up over these comments. :pc:I bet I know the first person also!  :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, jonlafon1 said:

the USA is definitely fucked as years tick by I agree. Maybe 20-30 years it’s pretty much over here. I’ll probably be dead so I’m not gonna loose sleep tonight.  It’s just reality.  It’s not a conspiracy or fake it’s just a matter of when not IF.   Guessing I’ll get blown up over these comments. :pc:I bet I know the first person also!  :thumbsup:

I’m not worried about it. This should have been a warm, low snow winter for us with lots of rain events in between snowfalls. But it proved to be an epic winter with the most snow I’ve seen in 10 years. Next season they are calling for a La Niña, we’ll see what it does but we’ll have snow, we always have snow. 

Maybe the sled OEM’s will decide to do something different rather than focus on selling fewer and fewer $20,000 sleds. This season has had to have stung their sales expectations. Fuck’em! Greedy bastards milking COVID and supply chain bullshit. 

13 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Last couple years have been great sledding years.  We were do for a down year.

20240116_162644.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, AK440 said:

always

Yea this is another word that has caused pain in my arse.  Careful with word like never and always.  I’ll give you a good example.  The upper Michigan area that I ride and have a cabin ALWAYS HAS SNOW ALWAYS.  6” on the ground right now.  Most of this area is average 150-250” snow.  Never always assume anything.  :read:

26 minutes ago, Doug said:

Last couple years have been great sledding years.  We were do for a down year.

20240116_162644.jpg

You weren’t my guess Doug. :D   No I agree been okay at times.  Only reason I bought up is because I love this sledding stuff. Down around our area in central wi it’s been pretty brutal the last 10 years or so.  

3 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

You weren’t my guess Doug. :D   No I agree been okay at times.  Only reason I bought up is because I love this sledding stuff. Down around our area in central wi it’s been pretty brutal the last 10 years or so.  

We also have a place up Nth East of Eagle River Wisconsin.  Another guy has a place in Conover and another in Mercer.  They been eyeing up the reports from the UP and see they started panning.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

Yea this is another word that has caused pain in my arse.  Careful with word like never and always.  I’ll give you a good example.  The upper Michigan area that I ride and have a cabin ALWAYS HAS SNOW ALWAYS.  6” on the ground right now.  Most of this area is average 150-250” snow.  Never always assume anything.  :read:

The numbers don't lie.  We have colder temps and more snowfall.  He can think what he wants but the numbers don't lie.  In boom years it always seems like it will always be that way, like the last 5 years here.

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, mnstang said:

The numbers don't lie.  We have colder temps and more snowfall.  He can think what he wants but the numbers don't lie.  In boom years it always seems like it will always be that way, like the last 5 years here.

Dipshit mnstang says what? Funny how credible sources differ from you blathering on and on about shit you don’t understand and change you deny exist. :idiot::owned:
https://apple.news/AlqOO5FOgQbyyxOScw9JHgQ

AE389720-1594-4629-9161-EDCE082FBBEC.png

28 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Here's the UP snowed 11" just today.

Screenshot_20240216_203505_Facebook.jpg

• Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Doug said:

Here's the UP snowed 11" just today.

Screenshot_20240216_203505_Facebook.jpg

Wanna bet it disappears in a week since your ground isn’t frozen and warm temps are forecasted to return. 

8 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Wanna bet it disappears in a week since your ground isn’t frozen and warm temps are forecasted to return. 

I would but I know your in a rough financial situation not being able to afford $25.00 for a contributing member and having to delete your downloaded pics.

• Haha 2

12 minutes ago, Doug said:

I would but I know your in a rough financial situation not being able to afford $25.00 for a contributing member and having to delete your downloaded pics.

Why would I spend $25 to post photos when other forums allow you to do it for free? 

1 minute ago, AK440 said:

Why would I spend $25 to post photos when other forums allow you to do it for free? 

Then go post your downloaded pics over there and stop complaining.

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

Dipshit mnstang says what? Funny how credible sources differ from you blathering on and on about shit you don’t understand and change you deny exist. :idiot::owned:
https://apple.news/AlqOO5FOgQbyyxOScw9JHgQ

AE389720-1594-4629-9161-EDCE082FBBEC.png

Just think, even with this terrible winter we're having our average snowfall is still way above yours and our average temp is still way below yours.  That's how much weaker your AK winters are.  This is just undisputable facts, I'm sorry.

11 hours ago, mnstang said:

Just think, even with this terrible winter we're having our average snowfall is still way above yours and our average temp is still way below yours.  That's how much weaker your AK winters are.  This is just undisputable facts, I'm sorry.

You don’t have any snow dipshit. Loosen up your tinfoil hat, it’s cutting off blood flow.

Your track record on winter conditions is right up there with Jimwits lack of knowledge about sleds. You’re a total moron.

5 minutes ago, AK440 said:

You’re a total moron.

Again ... you're the one hitching your wagon to the cult that thinks gas stoves are a detriment to society.  Anyone who bootlicks Al Gore and a token weather authority who's an autistic kid (now 21, I guess) should be careful of accusing anyone as a moron.

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

You don’t have any snow dipshit. Loosen up your tinfoil hat, it’s cutting off blood flow.

Your track record on winter conditions is right up there with Jimwits lack of knowledge about sleds. You’re a total moron.

You are wrong, again.  I do have snow.  I even rode two of my snowmobiles yesterday.

What exactly is my "track record on winter conditions"?   Do you understand the things you type?  Posting long term annual averages for snowfall and temperatures is actually the definition of track record.  Looking at a snapshot in time is the exact opposite of a track record.  Do you see the irony here?  I get what you're doing and am fine with owning you constantly it is good mental exercise and fun.  PS if you want to truly be a good troll you should lay off the personal insults it just shows weakness, you have to actually say things that are right enough to make people mad, which they will resort to name calling and yelling because they have nothing else.  Like what I do with you.

1 minute ago, mnstang said:

You are wrong, again.  I do have snow.  I even rode two of my snowmobiles yesterday.

What exactly is my "track record on winter conditions"?   Do you understand the things you type?  Posting long term annual averages for snowfall and temperatures is actually the definition of track record.  Looking at a snapshot in time is the exact opposite of a track record.  Do you see the irony here?  I get what you're doing and am fine with owning you constantly it is good mental exercise and fun.  PS if you want to truly be a good troll you should lay off the personal insults it just shows weakness, you have to actually say things that are right enough to make people mad, which they will resort to name calling and yelling because they have nothing else.  Like what I do with you.

:yawn:
Bla bla bla, tell me, how much snow does Duluth have right now?:lol2:

Hate to break it to you but Minnesota will be seeing your current winter as the new normal. That’s why your a moron, you are too stupid to see the long term tends happening right in front of you. 

3 minutes ago, AK440 said:

:yawn:
Bla bla bla, tell me, how much snow does Duluth have right now?:lol2:

Hate to break it to you but Minnesota will be seeing your current winter as the new normal. That’s why your a moron, you are too stupid to see the long term tends happening right in front of you. 

Did you miss the part I said about looking at a snapshot?  What you're doing is (again) the exact opposite of looking at long term trends.  

The bold part was highlighted because it was funny.

17 hours ago, AK440 said:

I’m not worried about it. This should have been a warm, low snow winter for us with lots of rain events in between snowfalls. But it proved to be an epic winter with the most snow I’ve seen in 10 years. Next season they are calling for a La Niña, we’ll see what it does but we’ll have snow, we always have snow. 

Maybe the sled OEM’s will decide to do something different rather than focus on selling fewer and fewer $20,000 sleds. This season has had to have stung their sales expectations. Fuck’em! Greedy bastards milking COVID and supply chain bullshit. 

Once again, the facts do not support what you're saying.  Your top 5 least snowfall years are all less than here.

Screenshot_20240217-120634.png

Screenshot_20240217-121027.png