El Niño 2023/2024 - winter is canceled

AK440

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Hooray

Global warming is over!

IMG_20240215_071711202.jpg

IMG_20240215_071716431_HDR.jpg

IMG_20240215_071724788.jpg

Holy fucksticks! Did your whole state get shut down for that whopper of a 1” snow storm? Are you scrambling to shovel your roof so it doesn’t cave in? 

7 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Holy fucksticks! Did your whole state get shut down for that whopper of a 1” snow storm? Are you scrambling to shovel your roof so it doesn’t cave in? 

no

next question... 

• Gold Member

Well fuck me I guess I gotta agree that winter is canceled this year.  First time in my adult life that I couldn't atleast put em in the trailer and go.  This fucking sucks.  Think I am gonna put mine away this weekend with hopes that maybe march will be like january is supposed to be.....

• Like 2

1 hour ago, poopooforme said:

Well fuck me I guess I gotta agree that winter is canceled this year.  First time in my adult life that I couldn't atleast put em in the trailer and go.  This fucking sucks.  Think I am gonna put mine away this weekend with hopes that maybe march will be like january is supposed to be.....

if history repeats itself, we're going to get dumped on in March/April again this year. 

dnr don't GAF here because no 'trails' are open April 1st no matter if there's an inch of snow or ten feet of it.  

sigh, worst riding season since I've come back... hands down.  lucky me, my old enjoyable junk is bought and paid for... can't imagine having a $20k sled like this.

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if history repeats itself, we're going to get dumped on in March/April again this year. 

dnr don't GAF here because no 'trails' are open April 1st no matter if there's an inch of snow or ten feet of it.  

sigh, worst riding season since I've come back... hands down.  lucky me, my old enjoyable junk is bought and paid for... can't imagine having a $20k sled like this.

You’re just mad you can’t afford a new sled. The 25’s will be unveiled soon and the smart money is on snowchecking to get the best deal of the year on a sled that ONLY available during snowcheck. 

8 minutes ago, AK440 said:

You’re just mad you can’t afford a new sled. The 25’s will be unveiled soon and the smart money is on snowchecking to get the best deal of the year on a sled that ONLY available during snowcheck. 

can't afford vs refuse to spend are completely different things trailer trash. 

;)

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

can't afford vs refuse to spend are completely different things trailer trash. 

;)

Nope. No way. If you don’t snowcheck a ‘25 you’re too poor to get a new one, it’s that simple. Best deal of the year is coming out soon and if you don’t pre-order you’ll be shit outta luck to get a new sled for next season. Nobody wants to be seen on an in-season poverty model. You can’t even look at one of those without your back hurting from the shit suspension. 

6 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Nope. No way. If you don’t snowcheck a ‘25 you’re too poor to get a new one, it’s that simple. Best deal of the year is coming out soon and if you don’t pre-order you’ll be shit outta luck to get a new sled for next season. Nobody wants to be seen on an in-season poverty model. You can’t even look at one of those without your back hurting from the shit suspension. 

can we see your maglite?

who tf let Polaris 550 back in here?

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, AK440 said:

I believe you're going for satire with this but is there a comedy angle you're going for or is it just resentment for people who buy new sleds and keep the industry going? 

19 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I believe you're going for satire with this but is there a comedy angle you're going for or is it just resentment for people who buy new sleds and keep the industry going? 

HEY!!! don't forget those of us contemplating testing $600 brake rotors and $200 brake pads, not to mention $400 worth the helix's and $300 for drive belts to 'test'... :lol:

a song suddenly comes to mind... ?? 

want to show us your sled yet @AK440?  

44 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

HEY!!! don't forget those of us contemplating testing $600 brake rotors and $200 brake pads, not to mention $400 worth the helix's and $300 for drive belts to 'test'... :lol:

I already posted a pic of my cream puff last season. Don’t bother to look for it, I deleted a bunch of photos so, you know, I could post a photos again on this antiquated platform. 

7 hours ago, AK440 said:

I already posted a pic of my cream puff last season. Don’t bother to look for it, I deleted a bunch of photos so, you know, I could post a photos again on this antiquated platform. 

you're a victim

:thumbsup:

8 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

https://youtu.be/n73DD0kv2l4?feature=shared

14 hours ago, poopooforme said:

You are fighting the stronger March sun at that point. Not an easy task to overcome without a solid base.

24 minutes ago, ckf said:

You are fighting the stronger March sun at that point. Not an easy task to overcome without a solid base.

Base? most areas over this way don't even have frost in the ground. Some in Upper Michigan but very little in most of WI. Might be some in far northern WI. But its pretty much over this way. It really never started so not sure I can say its over?  "fat lady been singing for awhile"  i will say

Yup - gotta give the Alaskan troll his "win" on this season being a bust.  Send me your address AK, and I'll mail you a case of the good stuff ... 

image.png.777288b04dd8edaa7bb1efb372addddf.png

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, jonlafon1 said:

Base? most areas over this way don't even have frost in the ground. Some in Upper Michigan but very little in most of WI. Might be some in far northern WI. But its pretty much over this way. It really never started so not sure I can say its over?  "fat lady been singing for awhile"  i will say

We still have some hard snow on the ground. There probably isn't a lot of frost in the ground but it is frozen for now. Without any frost in the ground it would be hard to keep the late winter snow. It will be melting from the warm ground and the stronger sun angle.  :sad:

Just now, ckf said:

We still have some hard snow on the ground. There probably isn't a lot of frost in the ground but it is frozen for now. Without any frost in the ground it would be hard to keep the late winter snow. It will be melting from the warm ground and the stronger sun angle.  :sad:

If we got dumped on it would eat it from both sides, sun up top and warm ground under.. Shit show. I will say I pissed a lot of money on aftermarket upgrades and general new stock parts for stuff that's nice to have in the garage this year.  Instead of fuel(sled & truck) and lunch out riding, i bought parts. Doing my part to keep this sport alive. Next year it wont snow in Alaska and all of USA will get over 100" . Wonder what that thread will be like?  :chatter:

• Haha 1

We were talking about this same topic at our club meeting Monday night.  There's frost in the ground, but it's about 4" to 5" down and everything is soft up top.  There's a section of trail where some of our newbies didn't pound stakes deep enough and the majority of them are now tipped over.  If we get a March dumping, it would be a mess and I fear we'd just piss off our farmer land owners with tearing up stuff.  We can't really close our trails as MNUSA doesn't work that way, but we can keep land owner gates closed and that's our approach.

It's not the first season where we've had zero riding locally, but this is the first one I can remember where we had comfortable ATV/UTV riding to fill the void.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

If we got dumped on it would eat it from both sides, sun up top and warm ground under.. Shit show. I will say I pissed a lot of money on aftermarket upgrades and general new stock parts for stuff that's nice to have in the garage this year.  Instead of fuel(sled & truck) and lunch out riding, i bought parts. Doing my part to keep this sport alive. Next year it wont snow in Alaska and all of USA will get over 100" . Wonder what that thread will be like?  :chatter:

For me it's a wash.  Haven't worked on many sleds so no income from that but haven’t been riding so no expense going out.  

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Doug said:

For me it's a wash.  Haven't worked on many sleds so no income from that but haven’t been riding so no expense going out.  

Not a lot of shock rebuilding this fall? I would think shock guys would be getting a big break from work this fall.

21 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Not a lot of shock rebuilding this fall? I would think shock guys would be getting a big break from work this fall.

The regular guys that rebuild them will still go through their shocks.  It's the guys that don't rebuild their shocks and blow them out the first couple snow falls and want them done right away because we had snow that get irritating.

Had that this year and the guys that I didn’t know forward them to a guy that had a 3-4 week lead time.  Not my fault you don't maintain your sled.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bontz said:

Yup - gotta give the Alaskan troll his "win" on this season being a bust.  Send me your address AK, and I'll mail you a case of the good stuff ... 

image.png.777288b04dd8edaa7bb1efb372addddf.png

Just never stops eh?