Check your account email address ×

El Niño 2023/2024 - winter is canceled

AK440

1 hour ago, Deephaven said:

You should go and buy a sled.  You'd probably be less bitter if you could actually ride.

Living in almost complete darkness for 2+ months every winter, without a sled to ride or buddies to ride with, is a pretty apparent reason for his daily anger.  Well, that and a Polaris factory rider taking out part of a dog sled team because he was "hauling ass" (which is 30 to 50 mph by Alaskan standards) in a cloud of snow dust.  I can't wait to see the outrage when Polaris doesn't fire the guy, and he isn't charged with anything by the local authorities :lol:

I'm sure he gets even more angry that some of us are laughing at the weather down here, and going out on our SxS's instead of sleds, and still having fun.

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

And the MN DNR site shows you’ve got a WHOLE 4-8” of snow.:lol2::owned:

Keep flapping your gums, total swing and a miss. 

Alaska has less annual snowfall 90% of the time, but hey congratulations for this year.

Also it looks like Alaska is warmer on average by 10 degrees!   Warmer and less snow, facts.  No wonder why you're posting pics of roofs caved in with 8" of snow, those roofs haven't seen that snow load in decades! 😆

What we're seeing here is built up years and years of suffering from resentment over poor AK winters and now it's finally coming all out.  This is your time for glory bro, this is your year!

Screenshot_20240130-161108.png

Screenshot_20240130-161018.png

• Haha 1

54 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Also it looks like Alaska is warmer on average by 10 degrees!   Warmer and less snow, facts.  No wonder why you're posting pics of roofs caved in with 8" of snow, those roofs haven't seen that snow load in decades! 😆

What we're seeing here is built up years and years of suffering from resentment over poor AK winters and now it's finally coming all out.  This is your time for glory bro, this is your year!

Screenshot_20240130-161108.png

Screenshot_20240130-161018.png

This is great! You are actually trying to argue that the Midwest will have more snow over a longer duration of time in the future than Alaska. :smack:

Also, why are you so fucking stupid? Like totally retarded? Show me where the roofs collapsed with only 8” of snow. :news:

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

This is great! You are actually trying to argue that the Midwest will have more snow over a longer duration of time in the future than Alaska. :smack:

Also, why are you so fucking stupid? Like totally retarded? Show me where the roofs collapsed with only 8” of snow. :news:

Yes.  Duluth had 140" last year.  More than you've seen in your life.  And we're not even getting into the u.p., we can go there if you'd like?

You already posted the picture bro.

2 hours ago, AK440 said:

Snowiest cities in the US
1 Syracuse NY  Average seasonal snowfall: 127.8 inches    Record seasonal snowfall: 192.1 inches
an hour and a half north is Tug Hill NY with an average around 300" per year

2. Erie, Pennsylvania  Average seasonal snowfall: 104.3 inches  Record seasonal snowfall: 166.3 inches a few miles south of Buffalo

3. Rochester, New York  Average seasonal snowfall: 102 inches Record seasonal snowfall: 161.7 inches

4. Buffalo, New York  Average seasonal snowfall: 95.4 inches Record seasonal snowfall: 199.4 inches

5. Duluth, Minnesota Average seasonal snowfall: 90.2 inches  Record seasonal snowfall: 140.1 inches

6. Flagstaff, Arizona  Average seasonal snowfall: 90.1 inches  Record seasonal snowfall: 153.9 inches

7. Anchorage, Alaska Average seasonal snowfall: 77.9 inches  Record seasonal snowfall: 134.5 inches

Interesting honorable mention that is too small to count as a city:

Juneau, Alaska Average seasonal snowfall:87.6 inches

Who would have though the desert south east gets more snow than Juneau, or Anchorage???

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, krom said:

1 Syracuse NY  Average seasonal snowfall: 127.8 inches    Record seasonal snowfall: 192.1 inches

2. Erie, Pennsylvania  Average seasonal snowfall: 104.3 inches  Record seasonal snowfall: 166.3 inches a few miles south of Buffalo

3. Rochester, New York  Average seasonal snowfall: 102 inches Record seasonal snowfall: 161.7 inches

4. Buffalo, New York  Average seasonal snowfall: 95.4 inches Record seasonal snowfall: 199.4 inches

5. Duluth, Minnesota Average seasonal snowfall: 90.2 inches  Record seasonal snowfall: 140.1 inches

6. Flagstaff, Arizona  Average seasonal snowfall: 90.1 inches  Record seasonal snowfall: 153.9 inches

7. Anchorage, Alaska Average seasonal snowfall: 77.9 inches  Record seasonal snowfall: 134.5 inches

Who would have though the desert south east gets more snow than Juneau, or Anchorage???

I've snowmobiled in Flagstaff.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Yes.  Duluth had 140" last year.  More than you've seen in your life.  And we're not even getting into the u.p., we can go there if you'd like?

You already posted the picture bro.

On the bold, show me where it said the roofs only had 8” of snow. :news::handjob:

1 hour ago, krom said:

So… snowfall totals only count for cities? Please set your goal posts deep in the ground with concrete before I respond and make you look like a complete ignorant ass.

9 hours ago, ckf said:

His IP address shows that he is indeed in Alaska.

Creeper much? 

9 hours ago, Doug said:

Here you go AK.  For just $25.00 you could down load more pics and post them to make them your own again.  I'm sure its a sacrifice for your financial budget but it seems to be a troublesome topic for you.

There's your answer to your problem of posting pics.  The choice is yours.

Membership.jpg

Uh huh. I’m going to pay to post on here. I’ve got 4 threads on the first page of this forum. You guys should be giving me a free membership.

If I’m going to pay money for bullshit for bullshit subscription upgrades it’ll be for Amazon to get ad free videos (which I’m not doing either). 

13 minutes ago, AK440 said:

On the bold, show me where it said the roofs only had 8” of snow. :news::handjob:

So… snowfall totals only count for cities? Please set your goal posts deep in the ground with concrete before I respond and make you look like a complete ignorant ass.

Easy there francis.  Funny your more butt hurt about using the easy to find, easy to verify list of cities, that the fact that even Arizona gets more snow than the 2 largest cities in AK..

BTW no one gives a shit about back woods shit holes.  Which is why  despite the fact that pretty much every town and village on tug hill has a 30 year average snowfall over 300" you don't see them listed.  Just like you only see 1 or 2 listings for all of AK despite it being almost 1/2 the size of the lower 48.

Side note I might be heading up there for arctic man, my cousin has been begging me to visit for years, but she doesn't have a snowmachine, shes more into snow shoes, teli, and tenting.  I've always wanted to go, but tenting in winter in ak doesn't seem like my idea of a great time. 

Whats the street price for store brand cough syrup, have to figure out if its worth paying for extra luggage.

Edited by krom
  • Haha 2

46 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Creeper much? 

Uh huh. I’m going to pay to post on here. I’ve got 4 threads on the first page of this forum. You guys should be giving me a free membership.

If I’m going to pay money for bullshit for bullshit subscription upgrades it’ll be for Amazon to get ad free videos (which I’m not doing either). 

I'm not the one crying about not being able to post someone else's pics

46 minutes ago, krom said:

Easy there francis.  Funny your more butt hurt about using the easy to find, easy to verify list of cities, that the fact that even Arizona gets more snow than the 2 largest cities in AK..

BTW no one gives a shit about back woods shit holes.  Which is why  despite the fact that pretty much every town and village on tug hill has a 30 year average snowfall over 300" you don't see them listed.  Just like you only see 1 or 2 listings for all of AK despite it being almost 1/2 the size of the lower 48.

Side note I might be heading up there for arctic man, my cousin has been begging me to visit for years, but she doesn't have a snowmachine, shes more into snow shoes, teli, and tenting.  I've always wanted to go, but tenting in winter in ak doesn't seem like my idea of a great time. 

Whats the street price for store brand cough syrup, have to figure out if its worth paying for extra luggage.

Tenting is just prepping for the future of global warming.  

She probably has a snowbike too.

• Haha 3

2 hours ago, krom said:

Poor Krom, too stupid to do any research before he gets totally owned. :owned:

Uhhh gee Krom, why do all the places in Alaska get so much snow when they aren’t next to the Great Lakes? These places aren’t even above 3000’ and all but one are at sea level.:idiot:

Anchorage 134”

https://w2.weather.gov/media/afc/Anchorage Snowfall Records.pdf

Whittier 241”

https://dot.alaska.gov/creg/whittiertunnel/weather.shtml

Girdwood 394”

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2022/01/21/alyeska-ski-resort-leads-north-america-most-snowfall/

Valdez 300”

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Alaska/Places/valdez-snowfall-totals-snow-accumulation-averages.php

Thompson Pass 550”-974”

https://rwis3.dot.state.ak.us/sites/26/metadata

1 hour ago, Doug said:

I'm not the one crying about not being able to post someone else's pics

Here’s an idea, update your geriatric site so people don’t have to pay to post photos. Do people pay to post photos and video on TikTok, Instagram and Facefuck? Get with the times already.:news:

6 hours ago, AK440 said:

Poor Krom, too stupid to do any research before he gets totally owned. :owned:

Uhhh gee Krom, why do all the places in Alaska get so much snow when they aren’t next to the Great Lakes? These places aren’t even above 3000’ and all but one are at sea level.:idiot:

Anchorage 134”

https://w2.weather.gov/media/afc/Anchorage Snowfall Records.pdf

Whittier 241”

https://dot.alaska.gov/creg/whittiertunnel/weather.shtml

Girdwood 394”

https://www.alaskasnewssource.com/2022/01/21/alyeska-ski-resort-leads-north-america-most-snowfall/

Valdez 300”

https://www.currentresults.com/Weather/Alaska/Places/valdez-snowfall-totals-snow-accumulation-averages.php

Thompson Pass 550”-974”

https://rwis3.dot.state.ak.us/sites/26/metadata

places in sierra nevadas easily break those records.colorado record is 95'.

I'll take a guess and that big lake to west of alaska might have something to do with annual snowfall?

6 hours ago, AK440 said:

Here’s an idea, update your geriatric site so people don’t have to pay to post photos. Do people pay to post photos and video on TikTok, Instagram and Facefuck? Get with the times already.:news:

Just to cheap got it.  Washer fluid must be expensive up there.

You going to stop crying like a baby now as it's your choice.  Probably not :justcuz:

7 hours ago, AK440 said:

Do people pay to post photos and video on TikTok, Instagram and Facefuck? 

yes, with their privacy. which is a heavy price IMO. guess you didnt read your ticktok user agreement

8 hours ago, AK440 said:

This isn't a cooperation like FB , IG or TikTok. It is a private website with very little income from advertising. In order to pay for the server space required to host photos and videos we rely on contributing memberships.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Doug said:

Just to cheap got it.  Washer fluid must be expensive up there.

You going to stop crying like a baby now as it's your choice.  Probably not :justcuz:

Ever think the vast majority of people don’t see any value in contributing to the piss poor content on this site? 

3 hours ago, Tommcat said:

yes, with their privacy. which is a heavy price IMO. guess you didnt read your ticktok user agreement

OMG! Are TikTok users all going to be rounded up for use in human centipedes? 
https://www.tiktok.com/legal/page/us/terms-of-service/en

1 hour ago, ckf said:

This isn't a cooperation like FB , IG or TikTok. It is a private website with very little income from advertising. In order to pay for the server space required to host photos and videos we rely on contributing memberships.

Your model is broken. Forums rely on traffic to stay alive. You don’t have traffic and then make it harder for people to create content. The icing on the cake it you then want users to spend money for the ability to post better content. Let me know how well this works out for you in 5 years.

9 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Ever think the vast majority of people don’t see any value in contributing to the piss poor content on this site? 

OMG! Are TikTok users all going to be rounded up for use in human centipedes? 
https://www.tiktok.com/legal/page/us/terms-of-service/en

Your model is broken. Forums rely on traffic to stay alive. You don’t have traffic and then make it harder for people to create content. The icing on the cake it you then want users to spend money for the ability to post better content. Let me know how well this works out for you in 5 years.

If you think this place is so shitty why do you bother to come?

As for the model that we have here it has been working fine for the last 16 years. This site isn't about turning a profit. As long as the costs to operate the place are covered it's fine with me.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

18 minutes ago, ckf said:

If you think this place is so shitty why do you bother to come?

As for the model that we have here it has been working fine for the last 16 years. This site isn't about turning a profit. As long as the costs to operate the place are covered it's fine with me.

ouch...

main-qimg-ff2edbffd6fad88651069c4396a9d3

and he's not from Alaska... more like Alabama 

• Haha 2