Check your account email address ×

El Niño 2023/2024 - winter is canceled

AK440

25 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

let's see your sled out in your riding area... for the hundred and sixteenth time?

I can’t post a picture. This site won’t allow me to post anything larger than 28.33kB in size. 🤷‍♂️

24 minutes ago, krom said:

In January of 1932 temperature in this area was in the 60s for a week (68 is on record), farmers got the plows out and worked the fields

Says the guy with no snow. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, AK440 said:

I can’t post a picture. This site won’t allow me to post anything larger than 28.33kB in size. 🤷‍♂️

Resize it?

1 hour ago, AK440 said:

You have to go through your attachments and delete some so you gain more attachment space.  Or I'm sure if you become a premium member you get more space.

Glad I can help out.  I'm fairly tech savvy after making my own riding coaching website.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, mnstang said:

You have to go through your attachments and delete some so you gain more attachment space.  Or I'm sure if you become a premium member you get more space.

Glad I can help out.  I'm fairly tech savvy after making my own riding coaching website.

No way… I had no idea you were limited on the number of images you could post. That’s crazy! This site also never seems to allow for links to be embedded either. 

Out of principal I’m not going to go back to delete my attachments just so I can post new ones. That reminds me of when Photobucket held everyone’s photos hostage and broken hundreds of thousands of links and destroyed 15 years of historical posts containing priceless info and advice on motorsports forums. They helped bring about the demise of the forum and hastened it’s replacement with shitty Facebook groups. 

1 minute ago, AK440 said:

No way… I had no idea you were limited on the number of images you could post. That’s crazy! This site also never seems to allow for links to be embedded either. 

Out of principal I’m not going to go back to delete my attachments just so I can post new ones. That reminds me of when Photobucket held everyone’s photos hostage and broken hundreds of thousands of links and destroyed 15 years of historical posts containing priceless info and advice on motorsports forums. They helped bring about the demise of the forum and hastened it’s replacement with shitty Facebook groups. 

Happy Hour Sport GIF by US Open

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
10 hours ago, AK440 said:

Become a member you cheap ass 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

sleety rain on the way into work... :kneebash:

IMG_20240124_082029704.jpg

You have shit for snow. :lol2:The fucking road doesn’t even have ice or packed snow on it. 

59 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Become a member you cheap ass 

Absolutely not. Subscriptions are bullshit. Forums don’t exist without users yet someone gets the bright idea, “How about I charge the very people who create content for the privilege to post said content?” That concept hasn’t been working out so well for Mr. Sled over at TY4stroke. That place is turning into a ghost town just like his shitty PolarisStarPower forum. 

YouTube is successful because it pays the content producers for their work and contributions.

1 minute ago, AK440 said:

You have shit for snow. :lol2:The fucking road doesn’t even have ice or packed snow on it. 

really?  I didn't notice that...

they also use one ton per sq yard of road salt around here and our roads look like this when there's four feet of snow and it's -26F outside.

which keeps the car companies and guys like Jimwit in a job 

don't revell in my misery 

• Gold Member
13 minutes ago, AK440 said:

Absolutely not. Subscriptions are bullshit. Forums don’t exist without users yet someone gets the bright idea, “How about I charge the very people who create content for the privilege to post said content?” That concept hasn’t been working out so well for Mr. Sled over at TY4stroke. That place is turning into a ghost town just like his shitty PolarisStarPower forum. 

YouTube is successful because it pays the content producers for their work and contributions.

Spoken like a true broke Alaskan. 

• Haha 2

11 minutes ago, AK440 said:

over at TY4stroke. That place is turning into a ghost town

No not really.. The content is actually snowmobile related and full of guys that are helpful and VERY knowledgeable.. You got a few over here.. Otherwise its just guys being dickheads and acting like 8 year old's.

58 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

No not really.. The content is actually snowmobile related and full of guys that are helpful and VERY knowledgeable.. You got a few over here.. Otherwise its just guys being dickheads and acting like 8 year old's.

The traffic on TY is dismal. The owner occasionally posts complaining about the lack of users and threatening to shut the site down. 

There was a ton of great info on there until Photobucket broke a majority of the links. The site lost more and more users when Yamaha switched to selling blue Arctic Cats. 

1 hour ago, jonlafon1 said:

Knowledge and ty are polar opposites.. 

That place is the home and origin of wrong and terrible info. It's full of guys just a little bit smarter than jimwit. Who back up each others moronic ideas 

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I can post thousands of pictures... this one belongs right here. 

Screenshot_20240124-120537.png

You are late to the party, Venture into the comments 

1 minute ago, krom said:

You are late to the party, Venture into the comments 

do you have any idea how much unimportant and useless shit I already read or look at everyday... on top of reading the shit Ramstupid posts? 

:lol:

1 minute ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

do you have any idea how much unimportant and useless shit I already read or look at everyday... on top of reading the shit Ramstupid posts? 

:lol:

That thing is almost $10k US plus tax 

50 minutes ago, krom said:

A blast with 4 hp, no suspension, and 2 hours of run time 

Don't forget the generic, unbranded, single crown, Chinese made bicycle front fork. Quality at its finest.

4 hours ago, krom said:

Knowledge and ty are polar opposites.. 

That place is the home and origin of wrong and terrible info. It's full of guys just a little bit smarter than jimwit. Who back up each others moronic ideas 

Bullshit.  About 10-15 guys on TY that are ace when it comes to turbo and Yamaha motors.  Your ace here and full of knowledge krom.  Gotta disagree about your statement.  Peace out 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Bullshit.  About 10-15 guys on TY that are ace when it comes to turbo and Yamaha motors.  Your ace here and full of knowledge krom.  Gotta disagree about your statement.  Peace out 

Pretty sure @Tommcat thinks as highly about the guys on ty as I do. Most the industry folks just laugh when you bring that place up.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, krom said:

Pretty sure @Tommcat thinks as highly about the guys on ty as I do. Most the industry folks just laugh when you bring that place up.

Maybe, but most have not even heard of FS and I wouldn't tell anyone IRL that I'm on here.  So glass houses..

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, mnstang said:

Maybe, but most have not even heard of FS and I wouldn't tell anyone IRL that I'm on here.  So glass houses..

And there you go. The exact reason why I’ll never post a picture of any of my new sleds. 

Now it’s even funnier to me how @Bontz aka C***s L*****e freaked out when his public profile pic from Facebook was posted here. :lol2::lmao::owned:

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

have any of them ever suggested Snow Trackers?

https://www.kimpex.com/en-us/products/snowmobile/skis-accessories/ski-runners/snowtracker-auto-sharpening-aggressive-wear-bar-ca-pro

if so... they're fucking idiots 

:)

• Like 2