Check your account email address ×

When do the lockdowns start?

SSFB

11 hours ago, akvanden said:

I need to know when the lockdown is coming first before I can answer that.

Remember the link you posted saying September? Do you have a new Twitter link with a new scary date?

$100.

:pc:

He doesn't believe his own lies

6 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

Masking kids and e-learning (Which is NO learning) was the STUPIDEST thing this country ever did.  

All you have to do is look at the 11-15% decline grades, testing scores, and the college entrance ACT scores to understand what we did to them.  If you are unwilling to look at those facts, we can't help you.

We had the exact opposite for e-learning in our school system.  All three of our kids had bumps up in grades when we went to it.  It was good to monitor all their work directly.

Neal

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

We had the exact opposite for e-learning in our school system.  All three of our kids had bumps up in grades when we went to it.  It was good to monitor all their work directly.

Neal

image.gif.d88f0fd81661845d8f932d86adf1fa40.gif

Wow

• Haha 2

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Mine went from straight A's to straight A's.  I understand those with crappy parenting skills probably had some struggles though.

Mine stayed straight A's also , but still it was bullshit learning. 

• Like 1

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, awful knawful said:

Last time, people with the jab, were allowed to travel. 👍

Yeah and now it doesn't matter one bit if you are or aren't.  :lol:

Good job falling in line. 

dAtZ sCieNcE. 

57 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

image.gif.d88f0fd81661845d8f932d86adf1fa40.gif

Wow

Not really, we had a decent run out of coursework, distributed weekly at the same time as food pickup for the week.  Many teachers adopted google classrooms for work submission or assignments, parents could constantly sit in on class zoom meetings to keep tabs of work progress/expectations.  My kids were fairly tech advanced as well so that was a big help.

The removal of social interactions was a big downside however.  I’m pretty introverted so it didn’t bother me as much as other more social butterfly parents I’m sure.

Neal

1 hour ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Neal

Impossible. It had to have been the worst experience for your kids. And I'm sure it had nothing to do with the attitudes of the parents. 

5 hours ago, akvanden said:

Impossible. It had to have been the worst experience for your kids. And I'm sure it had nothing to do with the attitudes of the parents. 

So parenting has no affect on the behavior and mental state of children?

I respectfully disagree.

I agree with those who are good parents.  It certainly widened the gap between those and average or poor parenting.  Statistics tell us we were in the minority.  Fortunately, my kids I used to have were done with having to deal with that.  The little woman’s daughter was a straight A student (still is in college now) but was extremely frustrated with the Pass/Fail bullshit the school went to and ruined what should have been a 4.0 at graduation.  They didn’t even recognize the top students for her last two years of HS.

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Steve753 said:

It was higher than 3.4 for  certain age groups.

But who cares about them.

Not really ! They were going to die anyways, from all the other stuff they had wrong with them. It was a total clusterfukk from the get go. Hopefully lockdowns and the mask bullshit never happens again !  

• Sad 1

• Gold Member
9 hours ago, akvanden said:

My kids like going to school. Its also a top rated school in CT . Thinking a Laptop can give that same experience is ridiculous. Its really that simple.

And I never said negative shit to my kids about it either. I encouraged them during that time as much as I could. 

9 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Not really, we had a decent run out of coursework, distributed weekly at the same time as food pickup for the week.  Many teachers adopted google classrooms for work submission or assignments, parents could constantly sit in on class zoom meetings to keep tabs of work progress/expectations.  My kids were fairly tech advanced as well so that was a big help.

The removal of social interactions was a big downside however.  I’m pretty introverted so it didn’t bother me as much as other more social butterfly parents I’m sure.

Neal

Same thing I sat in on zoom meetings. 
Saw the work etc. My kids are very tech savy. Still wasnt impressed. 

Just because some got good grades doesn't mean they actually learned more or the same as a classroom setting. Maybe some socially awkward or really shy kids would benefit more grade wise. However that doesn't help them in real world interaction with other People. 

My kids are probably younger than yours so that may play a role in my analysis. And I could care less about other parent socializing , Im strictly talking Kids here. 

But I am glad it all worked out for your family. 

Edited by EvilBird
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Frostynuts said:

Not really ! They were going to die anyways, from all the other stuff they had wrong with them. It was a total clusterfukk from the get go. Hopefully lockdowns and the mask bullshit never happens again !  

We fucked the young to save the old. 

Tens of thousands more per taxpaying young person.

Generational debt.

Some are giddy like government workers and scream for more.

6 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

My kids like going to school. Its also a top rated school in CT . Thinking a Laptop can give that same experience is ridiculous. Its really that simple.

And I never said negative shit to my kids about it either. I encouraged them during that time as much as I could. 

Same thing I sat in on zoom meetings. 
Saw the work etc. My kids are very tech savy. Still wasnt impressed. 

Just because they got good grades doesn't mean they actually learned more or the same as a classroom setting. Maybe some socially awkward or really shy kids would benefit more grade wise. But that doesn't help them in real world interaction with other People. 

My kids are probably younger than yours so they may play a role in my analysis. And I could care less about other parent socializing , Im strictly talking Kids here. 

But I am glad it all worked out for your family. 

Agreed. My son definitely struggled and is still catching up.  My daughter wasnt as affected as him but shes younger. Clearly my wife and I are shit parents according to the F.S experts.

Edited by Sled_Hed
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
Just now, Sled_Hed said:

Agreed. My son definitely struggled and is still catching up. Clearly my wife and I are shit parents according to the F.S experts.

I wouldn’t worry too much….deephaven is an expert at EVERYTHING and he’s tall in case you hadn’t heard.😂

• Haha 2

20 minutes ago, Sled_Hed said:

Agreed. My son definitely struggled and is still catching up.  My daughter wasnt as affected as him but shes younger. Clearly my wife and I are shit parents according to the F.S experts.

My sentiment on good vs. bad parenting should have had the caveat, that not all parents whose kids struggled are bad parents.  Some have more time than others to address what is happening with kids when the Gov't thinks they are better for your children than you are.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, EvilBird said:

11 hours ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Totally agree in school is better. Interacting with other kids is better. My only comment is that much of kids perspectives in life is derived from their parents outlook and how their parents deal with situations. Showing through your own personal action on how to make the best out of a less than ideal situation. 

Sounds like we’re on the same page. :bc:

• Like 1