Check your account email address ×

Is there really advanced life out there?

I listened to Brian Keating on JRE a couple days ago. He makes a compelling argument that there aren’t any. He holds up the odds of another earth existing in the goldielocks zone with several unique qualifiers. The mathematical odds of this occurring is more than there are stars in the universe. Interesting concept. 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

I listened to Brian Keating on JRE a couple days ago. He makes a compelling argument that there aren’t any. He holds up the odds of another earth existing in the goldielocks zone with several unique qualifiers. The mathematical odds of this occurring is more than there are stars in the universe. Interesting concept. 

The mathematical odds fail with our universe too.

• Gold Member

His justification for not many other planets like earth, in the Goldilocks zone, is immaterial for me. Just because we know life works here under the conditions we find ourselves in doesn't mean these are the only conditions life works in. It is entirely possible for life to to exist in outside of our Earth's  parameters.

So for me the answer is yes life is out there and probably on a large scale, too.

• Like 3

4 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Doesn't biden have proof of aliens

Proof? Fuck man.. he had dinner with a couple the other day. He’s been in their flying vehicle too and took a ride.

3 minutes ago, NaturallyAspirated said:

Very more than likely to almost certainly there is other life in the universe.  However there doesn’t seem to be much opportunity in the way of meaningful or practical information exchange.  So for practical purposes it’s the same as none existing.

Neal

Sounds good Kamala 

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
12 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

by the looks of this forum I wonder if the advanced life forms which are out there wonder about us... or if they just LOL all day in their spaceships

The joke about Earth being a reality TV show for aliens makes more and more sense with every passing day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Just now, Kivalo said:

The joke about Earth being a reality TV show for aliens makes more and more sense with every passing day.

If God really did create humans, do you think he’d make that mistake again? It’s most likely one and done. We never made it out of the prototype phase. I hope he’s got some good buffers between himself and humans. Cause we will fuck up anything that we think we understand. We’re coming for you god!! :lol: 

• Haha 1

There’s probably millions of planets just like ours out there. There’s probably millions of planets with life just like us. I’d bet there’s nearly infinite versions of the same shit going in all over. 

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

If God really did create humans, do you think he’d make that mistake again? It’s most likely one and done. We never made it out of the prototype phase. I hope he’s got some good buffers between himself and humans. Cause we will fuck up anything that we think we understand. We’re coming for you god!! :lol: 

Humans created god.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Space Odyssey 2001  the book and the movie really ask the question what is God?  There is the Many religious versions of what Man perceives as God.  The curious part is no matter how isolated a group of people are and no matter where you look in time the concept of a higher being is present.

41 minutes ago, f7ben said:

There’s probably millions of planets just like ours out there. There’s probably millions of planets with life just like us. I’d bet there’s nearly infinite versions of the same shit going in all over. 

I think the main problem is space and time.  the closest solar system to us is what Andromeda? 14 light years away.   The real problem is that the likely hood of two similar civilizations could form close enough in space and close enough in time is a long shot.

2 minutes ago, Carlos Danger said:

I think the main problem is space and time.  the closest solar system to us is what Andromeda? 14 light years away.   The real problem is that the likely hood of two similar civilizations could form close enough in space and close enough in time is a long shot.

I think we don’t really understand what’s possible  as far as manipulating the universe 

Edited by f7ben

45 minutes ago, f7ben said:

infinite versions of CE? infinite versions of Pete? where's the suicide pod?