Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

On 2/18/2024 at 11:11 AM, racinfarmer said:

Not disagreeing.  I wonder how many people who buy the RXC are going to complain about the ride on the stiffer settings, even though it is exactly what they claimed they wanted.

Sounds like you need a can!

I say the guys north of 250 pushing 300 that can ride hard are very few and far between.  I know and have seen bigger guys who can ride hard for 10 or 20 miles at a time, but do that twice in a day and they are exhausted.

If they get after it that much and are that in tuned with a machine they wouldn't be 300 lbs

• Like 1

9 hours ago, mnstang said:

If they get after it that much and are that in tuned with a machine they wouldn't be 300 lbs

I think it was last winter or 2 winters ago, we were riding way out in Western MN where it is flat, fast, and straight.

Had a guy on a piped Storm 800 come flying past us like we were towing boat anchors, and we were not standing still.  

Guy was built like a bowling ball. 

Stopped at a place in town to eat and saw him there, huffing and puffing telling his buds about how hard he was out riding.  He seriously looked exhausted.

Dude, it is like 3 miles straight, 90° turn, 1 mile straight, 90° turn, 2 miles straight, 90° turn, 2 miles straight (you get the idea).

10 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

I think it was last winter or 2 winters ago, we were riding way out in Western MN where it is flat, fast, and straight.

Had a guy on a piped Storm 800 come flying past us like we were towing boat anchors, and we were not standing still.  

Stopped at a place in town to eat and saw him there, huffing and puffing telling his buds about how hard he was out riding.  He seriously looked exhausted.

Dude, it is like 3 miles straight, 90° turn, 1 mile straight, 90° turn, 2 miles straight, 90° turn, 2 miles straight (you get the idea).

we get those around the trails east and south of here.  lot of 'big' potato farmers on turbo 4S's.  they love fields, rail beds and long straight aways.  they don't like getting passed in the woods by a clown on a decade old 500 and they seem completely oblivious to what's in their mirrors.  it's hilarious picking off a few of them at a time and being in the middle of their pack waiting to pick off the group leader.  :)

2 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Must of been Hallock.

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Ha! Had a guy like that north of Mass City about 5 years ago. Passed our group of 9 like we were sitting still and got right next to the lead guy and blew a belt. Stopped to help him and he was huffing and puffing.... looked like a tomato!

3 hours ago, racinfarmer said:

Well he was at least on the right trails for an old Storm..

5 minutes ago, Not greg b said:

I had a customer there. End of the world that far up 

We found a lot of places way more remote then that on our summer road trip.  Some of the places going across northern Montana, I couldn't live there.

2 minutes ago, mnstang said:

Well he was at least on the right trails for an old Storm..

The last 2-3 winters with lots of snow and grooming, a lot of old iron has been coming out of sheds, garages, and back yards.  Had 2 different sleds left at the end of our driveway because they would go no further. 

One guy was like "Yeah, I haven't ran it in 8 years.  Put gas in it and made it the 5 miles here." 

Gee, thanks.  Now go get a current trail pass...

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

We found a lot of places way more remote then that on our summer road trip.  Some of the places going across northern Montana, I couldn't live there.

The last 2-3 winters with lots of snow and grooming, a lot of old iron has been coming out of sheds, garages, and back yards.  Had 2 different sleds left at the end of our driveway because they would go no further. 

One guy was like "Yeah, I haven't ran it in 8 years.  Put gas in it and made it the 5 miles here." 

Gee, thanks.  Now go get a current trail pass...

The grooming is so good nowadays that you can legit ride anything on the trails.  The old stuff is more enjoyable today than ever, trails were never this good in the 90's.  I really have no memories of good trails, I just remember eating too much and coming out and it being cold and the bumps grew and we have a long way home and full bellies and big bumps the whole entire way.  

38 minutes ago, mnstang said:

The grooming is so good nowadays that you can legit ride anything on the trails.  The old stuff is more enjoyable today than ever, trails were never this good in the 90's.  I really have no memories of good trails, I just remember eating too much cock and coming out and it being cold and the bumps grew and we have a long way home and full bellies and big bumps the whole entire way.  

Fixed that for you. It’s cool you’re coming out. 🌈🏳️‍🌈

7 hours ago, mnstang said:

The grooming is so good nowadays that you can legit ride anything on the trails.  The old stuff is more enjoyable today than ever, trails were never this good in the 90's.  I really have no memories of good trails, I just remember eating too much and coming out and it being cold and the bumps grew and we have a long way home and full bellies and big bumps the whole entire way.  

I recall a time on my Indy 650, rode for 3 hours non stop on relatively smooth trails, had lunch, came out for the trip home, ran for a half hour, stopped and asked my buddies jokingly if they could ride back and get the truck. The old stuff was great for the time but I don't miss them now. 

6 hours ago, Tripleflipper said:

I recall a time on my Indy 650, rode for 3 hours non stop on relatively smooth trails, had lunch, came out for the trip home, ran for a half hour, stopped and asked my buddies jokingly if they could ride back and get the truck. The old stuff was great for the time but I don't miss them now. 

I'm not pounding the trails every weekend but when I do I still prefer the ass draggers.  But our trails are usually always in great shape with no moguls or even bumps.  If it's bumpy and whooped out then I'd much rather be on something newer with good shocks.

Did a trip last year on my zr and there was a long whooped out section and it got pretty fun after I got warmed up to it, I threw caution to the wind and hammered them and the machine but it was a blast, actually really fun.  

• Like 2

8 hours ago, mnstang said:

I'm not pounding the trails every weekend but when I do I still prefer getting pounded in the ass.  But our trails are usually always in great shape with no moguls or even bumps.  If it's bumpy and whooped out then I'd much rather be on something newer with good shocks.

Did a trip last year on my zr and there was a long whooped out section and it got pretty fun after I got warmed up to it, I threw caution to the wind and hammered them and the machine but it was a blast, actually really fun.  

Fixed this one for you as well. Way to embrace your inner queer tendencies. 🌈🏳️‍🌈

FB gang is going to FREAK with the adding of one pound.  And it's rotating mass too so that will be like 4.827537843 pounds of chassis weight.

• Haha 1