Check your account email address ×

new cat big bore ...

• Gold Member
4 hours ago, Palu49 said:

Yes he had swapped all that stuff out after his first ride on his 22(? Whatever year the XCRs were really bad out of the box) springs for the first winter then sent the shocks out in the spring to Bruce at southside for CC setup.

I tried a Matrix last year with suspension setup by Southside it kicked ass. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

23 pages and not one person is mentioning chassis efficiency of the catalyst.  Why does cat need to go bigger then 858 again?  We do not have any production models YET but i think this chassis is going to be way more efficient about getting the HP to the ground. Time will tell for sure.. If Cat gets the clutching right for once this will be a killer Catalyst in both classes.. The 600 will surprise this season.. 858 will put Cat back on the map where it has not been for many years. 

Okay give me the green goggles comments!   :salute: 

Are you sitting with the Rammer and sharing a computer?  Looks like he posted using your account!!

• Confused 1
  • Sad 1

42 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

23 pages and not one person is mentioning chassis efficiency of the catalyst.  Why does cat need to go bigger then 858 again?  We do not have any production models YET but i think this chassis is going to be way more efficient about getting the HP to the ground. Time will tell for sure..Okay give me the green goggles comments!   :salute: 

It sure looks like that.
This thread is about Cat's awesome new chassis but as you can see, its a real threat to all of the loyal brand humpers in here. No worries, the louder they bitch the more bothered they are. The monkey's with the smallest testicles make the most noise.
Cat have had 900cc and 1000cc two strokes before, my brother has a highly modified Crossfire 1000R that blows the panels off any other N/A motor. It takes a boosted machine to give him a challenge, he wiped the floor with a 21 XC 850 last year, but it was just a stocker so no surprise. But power isn't everything.
One tidbit was they could have fit a bigger engine in there but it ruins the power to weight ratio.
The 'i got the fastest sled' isn't a worthwhile compromise anymore and hasn't been for years. If you want that just get a 998 and run it at 300-400HP.

I think the 600 Catalyst wins it this, year, the 858 wins it next year, and by then Cat have a good amount of market share and buzz back. Then possibly a turbo but it would have to be very lightweight to maintain their theme. 
All Cat needs back is the cool themed graphics like they did on the Firecat's, and maybe we can get a AirForce or Joker edition again. Joker edition Mountain Catalyst 858 in black and purple?! God Dayum!

Edited by stinkipinki
  • Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Are you sitting with the Rammer and sharing a computer?  Looks like he posted using your account!!

No he sent me some cat food and green glasses.. The ones with the cat skulls on them.. :bounce:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

52 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Explains all the noise you are making about something you've never ridden :thumbsup:

Give stinki a break ... he's always been one of those guys who believe all the hype from the media folks and factory reps.  Every sled that's come out of TRF is a SOTY in his mind.  Right stinki? :bc:

11 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Give stinki a break ... he's always been one of those guys who believe all the hype from the media folks and factory reps.  Every sled that's come out of TRF is a SOTY in his mind.  Right stinki? :bc:

When it wins sles of the year back to back we'll revisit this "hype" shit.👌😁

• Haha 1

catalyst wins SOTY this year, its the only thing new.  Next year it will prob be the 858, unless doo releases a new engine in the spring.  Poo is too busy trying to fix all the issues issues they've created the last couple years, to have anything new and interesting this spring.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, krom said:

catalyst wins SOTY this year, its the only thing new.  Next year it will prob be the 858, unless doo releases a new engine in the spring.  Poo is too busy trying to fix all the issues issues they've created the last couple years, to have anything new and interesting this spring.

Exactly right .... "New" wins SOTY, not necessarily the best.  Good for Cat though - they haven't had anything to be significantly excited about for a few years so a SOTY for the Catalyst is alright.

37 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Exactly right .... "New" wins SOTY, not necessarily the best.  Good for Cat though - they haven't had anything to be significantly excited about for a few years so a SOTY for the Catalyst is alright.

No, best wins the best.
Thats why Polaris hasn't won it for 2 years, and why it will be 4 years (nearly half a decade) before they have a chance to win it again. 
Your comments sound great...if it was 2021.
Not 2021 anymore.

2 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

IF they nail the clutching> The "little" 600 will give fits for the 800 class guys up to 80. 

the same was said of the sisfiddy Pewlawress...

1 hour ago, krom said:

think Textron will pay as much as BuRP and Pewlawress have the last... decade to win? 

2 hours ago, jonlafon1 said:

IF they nail the clutching> The "little" 600 will give fits for the 800 class guys up to 80. 

Since pretty much 2017, the RXC clutching has been pretty top notch right out of the box. 

Some 19's were hit or miss, but many or most were pretty quick right from the get go.

18 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Since pretty much 2017, the RXC clutching has been pretty top notch right out of the box. 

Some 19's were hit or miss, but many or most were pretty quick right from the get go.

@Palu49 didn't have much luck with his, and knows the 2 I'm talking about below.

My only 600 was an rxc, '16 maybe, but I know for a fact was a slug, top speed on the lake holding till I was bored, and it only managed in the mid 80's. Eventually I was able to get the ecu flashed to an actual race department tune, and it got about 90 or so.
A mutual friend of ours has one that can't make much more than 500-600 miles on a belt.  That has a newer secondary because the splines on the jackshaft and clutch wore each other out.

Edited by krom

4 minutes ago, racinfarmer said:

Good to hear.. My experience (non) RXC sleds was less then desirable. They were way to light in the primary on the 2021 800.. Like way off by 3-5 grams.. I could bang off the rev limiter all day every day with stock weights. I feel this contributed to some failures on the motors for some owners. 2 smoke is not good to be banging the rev limiter at all. 4 stroke not a big deal to hit it/ not ideal but not nearly as hard on the motor as a 2 smoker. I usually run adjustable any ways.. Looking forward to this catalyst "for the wife"  . I do know Cat did some testing with a aftermarket company's weights on the demo units last winter.. They ran them hard against other sleds(not cat sleds).  

3 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

Good to hear.. My experience (non) RXC sleds was less then desirable. They were way to light in the primary on the 2021 800.. Like way off by 3-5 grams.. I could bang off the rev limiter all day every day with stock weights. I feel this contributed to some failures on the motors for some owners. 2 smoke is not good to be banging the rev limiter at all. 4 stroke not a big deal to hit it/ not ideal but not nearly as hard on the motor as a 2 smoker. I usually run adjustable any ways.. Looking forward to this catalyst "for the wife"  . I do know Cat did some testing with a aftermarket company's weights on the demo units last winter.. They ran them hard against other sleds(not cat sleds).  

I didn't know they had a rev limiter.

9 minutes ago, krom said:

@Palu49 didn't have much luck with his, and knows the 2 I'm talking about below.

My only 600 was an rxc, '16 maybe, but I know for a fact was a slug, top speed on the lake holding till I was bored, and it only managed in the mid 80's. Eventually I was able to get the ecu flashed to an actual race department tune, and it got about 90 or so.
A mutual friend of ours has one that can't make much more than 500-600 miles on a belt.  That has a newer secondary because the splines on the jackshaft and clutch wore each other out.

Jimwit says that is not possible.  No way, no how.  Never.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, mnstang said:

I didn't know they had a rev limiter.

My 2021 800 was either hitting the rev limiter or something? I could pull around 8500 rpm or so until I loaded it.  It was cutting fuel or timing up the ass.. Mid range was super easy to get it to fall on its face.. Once I put adjustable in it stopped.. I was assuming it was the rev limiter?  maybe not?

5500 RPM or so had a bad lean spot that made it super jumpy and very hard to drive at slower speeds . 

Edited by jonlafon1

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Jimwit says that is not possible.  No way, no how.  Never.

He'd absolutely say that, and claim every one he's ever owned did 110 out of the box, even though He's never been of 40 mph

Edited by krom
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, jonlafon1 said:

My 2021 800 was either hitting the rev limiter or something? It was cutting fuel or timing up the ass.. Mid range was super easy to get it to fall on its face.. Once I put adjustable in it stopped.. I was assuming it was the rev limiter?  maybe not?

Power drops like a rock that high up in rpm, the clutching had a fair amount do do with the engine failures too, as at part throttle lower speed, it put the engine in a tps/rpm/load area of the map that had too much timing, and too little fuel, it would sound like a piston was trying to go out the belly pan.

Edited by krom
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, krom said:

Power drops like a rock that high up in rpm, the clutching had a fair amount do do with the engine failures too, as at part throttle lower speed, it put the engine in a tps/rpm/load area of the map that had too much timing, and too little fuel, it would sound like a piston was trying to go out the belly pan.

Agree 100%   Dead on