Check your account email address ×

Where would you invest 50k ?

IMO it's not really worth messing with unless you are going to substantially increase risk....

It's not that we all couldn't use an extra 1500.00  bucks...it just doesn't move the needle on your lifestyle....now that being said it could be interesting to do some day trading (but only if you can afford the risk)

If you're taking it out early just to invest it in a market, what's the point?  It's already invested in your pension.  If you're not going to spend it or allow you a buffer/rainy day fund, I'd leave it.

I'd take it out though.  Buy a new snowmobile every 3 years, that's a decade of fun while you can still have fun.  Or buy a retirement car/truck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, dsupercat said:

So your saying if I had money in there for 30 years I would of made 7.9% on my money.... sounds like I don't need any insurance then.  High cd rates are great but with the inflation is not making us any money.  But that's what the goverment wants.  Don't save money go to work and pay your taxes.

You realize that's 7.9% each year right? $50k untouched for 30 years gets you almost $500k

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DriftBusta said:

Well, if we’re going to do math like that….

2.75% Mortgage Trump

7% Mortgage Biden

That extra interest crushes a lot of young people. You don’t always have to be such a hack.

In 82 the Reagan mortgage rate was 17.5%……what’s your point?

• Gold Member
42 minutes ago, mnstang said:

If you're taking it out early just to invest it in a market, what's the point?  It's already invested in your pension.  If you're not going to spend it or allow you a buffer/rainy day fund, I'd leave it.

I'd take it out though.  Buy a new snowmobile every 3 years, that's a decade of fun while you can still have fun.  Or buy a retirement car/truck.

Damn right if you’re retirement age wtf do you need to keep investing for to give it to your children to enjoy or a nursing home? I’d invest in your happiness buy a hot rod,sled, boat, whore or whatever it is you enjoy you only got so many good years left if you’re lucky enough to make it to retirement age mine as well enjoy them years with the money you saved.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Yet here I am retired for 6 years with a six figure income. Yeah I’m dumb alright.

Here I am retired at 57 with a six figure income, but I don't shit my pants on a daily basis...

Where would you rather be... :lol:

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

In 82 the Reagan mortgage rate was 17.5%……what’s your point?

That it was easier to get a mortgage and inflation was way lower when Trump was president, and your point was invalid.

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

That’s a great investment….lol

I made about 30 grand on my last boat after keeping it two years. I should make more than twice that on this boat so yeah.😁

Id just stick it in a CD to get a few extra grand for knock around money. Why fuck around with financial complexities at your age? You have plenty of cash to keep you afloat before the reaper comes knocking. A percent here or there isn’t going to matter. 

Edited by spin_dry

1 minute ago, spin_dry said:

Id just stick it in a CD to get a few extra grand for knock around money. Why fuck around with financial complexities at your age? You have plenty of cash to keep you afloat before the reaper comes knocking. A percent here or there isn’t going to matter. 

Cause he has a 100% guarantee already.  Why try to repeat that.

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, HSR said:

How much do hot 24 year old pure female blondes with big tits go for these days? Talk about a decade of fun!!!

If you have to ask...you can't afford it....(so I've been told)

• Gold Member
1 hour ago, HSR said:

How much do hot 24 year old pure female blondes with big tits go for these days? Talk about a decade of fun!!!

According to the cards I got from the flickers in Vegas like $40 bucks. I got like 50 of em taped above my box at work I’ll get ya the numbers 😂.