Check your account email address ×

term limits and age limits, totally necessary

A lot of those dinosaurs can barely speak. But it’s the idiots like Karen that keep voting based on the letter after their name rather than for the people themselves 

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Of the top 25 longest serving, there are 4 republicans, 19 democrats and one that was both. 

over 75% of the longest serving are democrats.  Seems a little one sided.

image.thumb.png.f7f15a29873b46323447a9f479863218.png

Fix this then it wont matter

Term limits (3)and they should not be able to buy or sell stock/ investments while in office. No pension, same benefits as any other state/ federal employee. 

• Like 2

Just now, Shifty said:

Term limits (3)and they should not be able to buy or sell stock/ investments while in office. No pension, same benefits as any other state/ federal employee. 

That would be a start.  But I am sure they would find ways around this.  After 3, they would just have one of the staffers with the same beliefs run in their place.  Just look at how entrenched the Pelosi's are....when Nancy's daughter is pushing Feinstein around in her wheelchair, you know there is a big connection.

They are never going to cut their own throats. 

I would like to see a plan where anyone currently in office can stay as long as they get reelected. But - any new Congressman or Senator elected after 2024 can serve two terms in the senate, 4 terms in congress. Then they are done. I think there could be a chance of a plan like that passing, even though I agree it it isn't optimal. 

most of us here can't agree on much in regards to politics... but if it were an actionable question on a ballot I venture to guess term limits and/or age limits would pass with an overwhelming support.  

at a certain point, it's not age discrimination... just good sense.  

45 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

most of us here can't agree on much in regards to politics... but if it were an actionable question on a ballot I venture to guess term limits and/or age limits would pass with an overwhelming support.  

at a certain point, it's not age discrimination... just good sense.  

I don't know, I think we all agree on a few things

1. Government overspends.

2. Entrenched Politicians need to go.

Let's keep it going.

57 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I don't know, I think we all agree on a few things

1. Government overspends.

2. Entrenched Politicians need to go.

Let's keep it going.

3.  Reduce the debt.

4.  Balance the Budget

5.  All credit card spending must come with a repayment plan.

6.  Kill Whitey

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

fix the campaign bs too. why does every politician owe his "supporters" when they get in. make it easier for someone who isn't rich to have a chance

There will be much less of that going on if there are term limits. Not as much time to get into the favors game. 

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

At this rate they’ll both surpass Nancy Pelosi’s financially enrichment in 1/4 of the time it took her. 

So you approve of democrats doing it, but want republicans called out.  Got it.

Term limits and genuine campaign finance reform would illuminate 90% of the problems coming from Washington.  Of course, the only way that would happen would be as a result of a convention of the states, because it sure as hell won’t be coming from the house or the senate.

Clearly we need age limits but there's no way all the dusty old fucks will vote themselves out. They'd rather stroke or or take a permanent nap while on lunch break

I guess it's up to voters to start booting these geriatrics out of office...

https://www.npr.org/2023/07/31/1190675707/mcconnell-feinstein-medical-episodes-maximum-age-limits

yet several of you dimwitted fools want to see Biden and Trump nominated to be the POTUS again?

morons :thumbsup:

Age limits on policy - yes.  Rather have Joe’s progressives policies at 80 than Ron’s policies that take us back 100 years at 45.  

Fence sitters looking for an easy out.