Check your account email address ×

Fact about liberals and unions

7 minutes ago, Anler said:

It is 100% true. And what are the first things Republican legislators are doing once they have a majority? Passing anti union legislation. :lol: seriously, they are shooting themselves right in the foot. I fucking love it. Same with all of you fucking idiots who come on here and argue about who is the BIGGER turd sandwich, the Republican or the Democrat. Not a discernable thought among youz...

Bingo.:bc: Unions are being phased out by both parties. I can see it lasting for skilled labor on big projects and the rest is going fast,real fast. :pc:

image.jpgIt's not youz, it's youz Jamokes.........!!!!!!!!:lol:

Edited by Woodtick
Added Jamokes

25 minutes ago, Anler said:

It is 100% true. And what are the first things Republican legislators are doing once they have a majority? Passing anti union legislation. :lol: seriously, they are shooting themselves right in the foot. I fucking love it. Same with all of you fucking idiots who come on here and argue about who is the BIGGER turd sandwich, the Republican or the Democrat. Not a discernable thought among youz...

I believe if they made union membership voluntary, they'd dry up overnight.  That's exactly what they are worth to most anymore.  Especially after supporting a regime that did nothing more that say "Adios!" (appropriate) as we saw the largest exodus of American countries heading out of the US.

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

I believe if they made union membership voluntary, they'd dry up overnight.  That's exactly what they are worth to most anymore.  Especially after supporting a regime that did nothing more that say "Adios!" (appropriate) as we saw the largest exodus of American countries heading out of the US.

All I can say is that the IBEW Sparkys that worked for old man rebuilding a Coke Battery back in the early 90's were well trained, skilled and safe. That doesn't happen without the union.

6 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

All I can say is that the IBEW Sparkys that worked for old man rebuilding a Coke Battery back in the early 90's were well trained, skilled and safe. That doesn't happen without the union.

I disagree with that....if anything the union lets things slide...and ive witness that 1st hand....I was a member of the ibew for a short time....favortism was the main reason I left.

9 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Unions have lost their way anymore.  They've become little more than political coffers with big fat cats filling their pockets along the way.  Nobody is against a fair wage in America.  But what union wages have done is artificially raise cost of living and housing values making a real problem for those without their hand in the pie.  Problem is, there's only so much pie.  There are all kinds of mini-Detroits around America that prove what is left after unionization sets in...that inevitably fail after the pie runs short.  Government has held up the union standard and that's why government contracts are outrageous and so valued by union fat cats.  Time for a re-do.  

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

Lol the libtards here won't clue in that you're being facetious 

14 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Yeah well I'm not being facetious. I was on a major project and injuries were basically zero and the work got done on time and budget.

Edited by Biggie Smails

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

Holy fuck man 

Just now, Rod Johnson said:

You better read a fucking book 

Maybe try getting off the farm once in awhile.

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

of course people would opt out because they are cheap and then they would wonder why 10 years from now they wouldn't have the grreat bennies and pay anymore

55 minutes ago, Biggie Smails said:

We do a lot of work on major civil projects where extremely high voltage is present. Those guys risk their lives every time they go to work. Safety is no fucking joke with them.

3 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

of course people would opt out because they are cheap and then they would wonder why 10 years from now they wouldn't have the grreat bennies and pay anymore

Pay would drop too once the bargaining threat was gone. 

42 minutes ago, Rod Johnson said:

Organized labor was born from the unsafe practices of the past. The union is the single largest promoter of job site safety. That is not a lie no matter which political ideology you subscribe. That is just history. 

23 minutes ago, Angry ginger said:

That's not how it would work.  The markets adjust and so do people. The south has grown by leaps and bounds without unionization.  Employers compete with great pay/bennies for good candidates.

19 minutes ago, Anler said:

Pay would drop too once the bargaining threat was gone. 

Again, markets correct.  Pay may drop a little but so will COL in that areas.

16 minutes ago, Anler said:

Organized labor was born from the unsafe practices of the past. The union is the single largest promoter of job site safety. That is not a lie no matter which political ideology you subscribe. That is just history. 

Safety is no longer union "reason".  There are massive amounts of legislation in place to protect workers and punish employers who don't follow it to the letter.im more than sure you've heard of OSHA.

3 minutes ago, Zambroski said:

That's not how it would work.  The markets adjust and so do people. The south has grown by leaps and bounds without unionization.  Employers compete with great pay/bennies for good candidates.

Again, markets correct.  Pay may drop a little but so will COL in that areas.

Safety is no longer union "reason".  There are massive amounts of legislation in place to protect workers and punish employers who don't follow it to the letter.im more than sure you've heard of OSHA.

You mean "burdensome regulation"? Do you know what happens to people who speak up without the protection of a union? 

MN Momo with the right wing talking points :lmao: And what kind of fucking idiot highlights the South with their high poverty rates,  poor education ratings, red states who depend on government, receive more in taxes than they pay in, lower wages, etc :lol: 

Can't fix stupid MN Momo :bc: 

I work for a non-union co and my pay and bennies are on par with the Teamsters and our safety program is the industry standard for our line of work and our division is tops for our north american subsidiraries

$36 an hour. 7 weeks vacation. 5 optionals. 3 sick days. Paid medical, dental, vision care.

All for the low, low price of $96 a month, with the added benefit of not having to deal with the union, vote for the union, or participate in the union.

Life is, indeed... good. :bc:

14 minutes ago, Snake said:

$36 an hour. 7 weeks vacation. 5 optionals. 3 sick days. Paid medical, dental, vision care.

All for the low, low price of $96 a month, with the added benefit of not having to deal with the union, vote for the union, or participate in the union.

Life is, indeed... good. :bc:

You seem to say that alot...

40 minutes ago, Anler said:

You mean "burdensome regulation"? Do you know what happens to people who speak up without the protection of a union? 

They are shot, dismembered and the bodies burned? :lol:  Jesus.  Must just be the Union states though? :dunno:

22 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

MN Momo with the right wing talking points :lmao: And what kind of fucking idiot highlights the South with their high poverty rates,  poor education ratings, red states who depend on government, receive more in taxes than they pay in, lower wages, etc :lol: 

Can't fix stupid MN Momo :bc: 

Poor SR....trying so hard to save his beloved party...too late, you're an inept fuck head. :lol:

SR Fail.gif

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Zambroski said:

They are shot, dismembered and the bodies burned? :lol:  Jesus.  Must just be the Union states though? :dunno:

Poor SR....trying so hard to save his beloved party...too late, you're an inept fuck head. :lol:

SR Fail.gif

:lol:

1 hour ago, Anler said:

Maybe 40 years ago.  The union has little to do with driving safety now days.  They just follow the rules like the rest of us.  

FWIW, one of the IBEW locals dropped their wages late last year.  They are below our rate now. :news:  

http://edmonton.ctvnews.ca/alberta-electricians-angry-over-wage-deductions-1.3178412

Unions promote mediocrity and protect people that would be otherwise unemployed. There isn't any motivation to excel at your job when you get paid exactly the same as the person who does a piss poor job. Then they become experts at knowing how to be just productive enough to stay employed.