Check your account email address ×

Welcome to Minnesota - Rookie!

4 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

That speed gets one arrested in these parts 

I thought it did here also... Used to be "Double the speed limit or more is instant license revocation" - maybe things have changed.

Edited by Mag6240

2 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I thought it did here also... Used to be "Double the speed limit or more is instant license revocation" - maybe things have changed.

he's skinny and could run away, unlike most red state fatties 

hate to say it but id probably get caught doing same thing if i was driving a lambo!!unfortunately id also be in jail!!!😁

Edited by X2700
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, X2700 said:

hate to say it but id probably get caught doing same thing if i was driving a lambo!!unfortunately id also be in jail!!!😁

I can admit I have never seen 140 on a speedo, but I have seen 135!

• Like 1

Had a 75 olds cutlass installed 455 in.speedometer maxed out at 85 so not sure how fast i drove that thing but all i can say is that telephone poles looked like fence posts and it took awhile for needle to come back to 85.no gps back then!!probably lucky i havent driven a lambo!!

• Haha 1

i saw 162 in a 930 slant nose turbo and it was just starting to stretch it's legs . that car topped at 202 mph!. i did not want to see that, 162 was enough , coupled with how fast it got there. most violent car i have ever ridden in . practically sitting on the 700hp engine. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

probably would have hit 140 if you weren't so...

you know... :lol:

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i saw 162 in a 930 slant nose turbo and it was just starting to stretch it's legs . that car topped at 202 mph!. i did not want to see that, 162 was enough , coupled with how fast it got there. most violent car i have ever ridden in . practically sitting on the 700hp engine. 

I've driven a few pretty fast cars, and an 01 911 turbo 4 was probably the most violent car I'd ever driven.  Fairly tame until you mat it, a second or two delay and then youre just slammed back in the seat and that was "only" 450 hp.  I have zero interest in ever owning a 2wd version of a car with that much power for regular driving.  Another crazy car was a Bentley Continental that my brother bought used, and kept a couple years.  That was another car that just came alive past 100 mph.

5 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

I saw 144 in my only 230hp 328i... with the top down. 140 in a 350Z, only had the M up to 125... got too much to lose at this point.

2 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

come on you work on that shit all the time, what's the max you have seen? i declined my last ride in the 930, fuck that thing

yeah, only if I'm driving.  :lol:  I have little desire to have the shit scared out of me with someone else at the wheel.  I had an 05 GTO and a 750 BMW that were also adequately retardedly fast.  After 5 court appearances, a couple grand and community service for a 110 mph speeding ticket (fortunately I saw him up ahead and slammed the brakes at about 140), I have zero desire for pushing my luck  on a public highway going that fast again.  Tony works on some nice stuff, I bet he's got some stories.  :lol: 

5 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

yeah, only if I'm driving.  :lol:  I have little desire to have the shit scared out of me with someone else at the wheel.  I had an 05 GTO and a 750 BMW that were also adequately retardedly fast.  After 5 court appearances, a couple grand and community service for a 110 mph speeding ticket (fortunately I saw him up ahead and slammed the brakes at about 140), I have zero desire for pushing my luck  on a public highway going that fast again.  Tony works on some nice stuff, I bet he's got some stories.  :lol: 

This guy will pay a fine and that's it.  Job and race will be a factor with that.  Just like badgers illegal gun touting markus allen.

https://apnews.com/article/markus-allen-wisconsin-badgers-16f206483ce0f1d46abca6594146a336

Edited by racer254
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, sleepybrew said:

same guy builds audi s4s at 700hp. the 930 was built by eddie belo . s4 just as scary. i'm no sissy but when you are doing 140 on a 2 lane highway passing cars and shit it makes you think

My buddy has an S8 with a 700+ hp tune.  Insane car, looks ridiculous with the matte gray paint though.  Looks like primer to me.  

• Platinum Contributing Member
13 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

come on you work on that shit all the time, what's the max you have seen? i declined my last ride in the 930, fuck that thing

I've driven 141 in my RAM, as a passenger 165-170 in my bosses procharged BMW

Just now, Rigid1 said:

What kind of RAM we talking?  My base model 2500 RAM hits a wall at 100, I don't know if it will go faster or not  :lol: 

Just now, Rigid1 said:

my buddy built a gti, 2.0 turbo , apr stage 2 kit. totally ridiculous. needed a limited slip diff to be useful. he raced a built trans am and left him at 155. apr said the car would do 185. stage 3 did 185 at will. 

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

What kind of RAM we talking?  My base model 2500 RAM hits a wall at 100, I don't know if it will go faster or not  :lol: 

It was a 1500, stock perimeters cut off at 101 on a ram, I had all of that stuff disabled with a stand alone T1000

• Like 1

3 hours ago, sleepybrew said:

my buddy built a gti, 2.0 turbo , apr stage 2 kit. totally ridiculous. needed a limited slip diff to be useful. he raced a built trans am and left him at 155. apr said the car would do 185. stage 3 did 185 at will. 

One of my techs has a 240 with a Built RB25 in it, car is 600ish hp..He raced a hellcat and had it to 150..He's limited by gearing..

IMG_20221006_123939983.jpg

• Like 2