Check your account email address ×

Welcome to Minnesota - Rookie!

When I first heard the story my reaction was basically meh.  Then I heard where he was driving.  My reaction changed.  It truly was a rookie move and dumb.

I enjoy a little fast driving sometimes. ;)  Although I've gotten rid of the good toys. - Some of those cars were tapped out on an almost daily basis.  Nice flat country roads were easy, safe, and manageable. The main killers were wildlife and mechanical failures.

Freeways out in the country aren't too bad on a dead day, but its rare to know everything on the road.  Those surprises happen fast.

This doofus did that run on what may be one of the worst stretches possible.  Granted he was on the tail end of a two click straight shot, but both ends are bad news.  Dude was coming out of a windy bugger section with left and right side ramps.  It's not easy to manage without crazy speed.  He was stopped right before the spaghetti intersection which would have been bad news at any real speed.

Maybe he just popped it up to that speed and dropped.  That would have been doable, but dang risky even with light traffic in the middle of the night.  With that scenario it seems even more like a rookie move.  If you're gonna go fast, find a spot to run it's legs.  Don't do it on a heavily patrolled, bad stretch of highway, with who knows what other ding dong drivers.  It's a bad risk against bad odds. 

• Like 2