Check your account email address ×

This is the ridiculousness society is creating.

• Platinum Contributing Member

Time blindness:  People who can't be on time.   :lol:   Fuck I've heard it all now.

https://www.news.com.au/finance/work/at-work/young-woman-brutally-mocked-over-time-blindness-question-during-interview/news-story/96fdf6d727570941be061ed5cb09a4aa

A young woman has caused a major stir across social media after claiming she was branded “entitled” for asking a “very reasonable” question in an interview.

Sarah Trefren sparked a wild debate after she took to TikTok to tearfully claim she was “yelled at” for asking what accommodations there were for people with “time blindness” during a phone interview to apply for a trade school.

“I just got yelled at for asking a very reasonable question. I am applying to go somewhere and I just wanted to know are there accommodations for people who struggle with time blindness and being on time, you know,” she said.

“And then the person that I was with interrupted and acted like I was asking something else and then when we were done they actually started yelling at me and saying accommodations for time blindness don’t exist and if you struggle being on time you will never be able to get a job – you know, provided you are trying your absolute best to be there.”

The US woman later revealed the “person” who yelled at her was her mum who was sitting in on the phone call with her.

Ms Trefren said her mum claimed that her “stupid generation” wanted to “destroy the workplace”.

The young woman then claimed that any culture where “workers are just cut off people they struggle being on time” without looking at other solutions “needs to be dismantled”.

“I asked that person, ‘How can you feel good about yourself upholding this kind of system?” the young woman said.

“And then to think I am entitled? No, if people think it is OK to treat others like this, that’s entitlement.”

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

20 minutes ago, ACE said:

Stuff like this is why it’s hilarious to think that the US could beat Russia 

I'm more concerned about them working hard enough to pay for my social security and Medicare some day... 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

I'm more concerned about them working hard enough to pay for my social security and Medicare some day... 

that’s a real concern, lord only knows the amount of taxes we paid got spent long ago 

42 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

imagine that same girl showing up at starbucks to find all the employees were late and she couldn't get her latte. her entitlement would flash to the forefront

I blame the parents for raising these morons.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

i was working in an aircraft parts facility . time comes for my review and my manager says he doesn't like to give "outstanding" to anyone because there is no where to go. but it came to attendance and he sighed, and said  " you punch in within a minute of yourself every day " . i told him i get up , do the same routine every work day, and it was easy. plus it was 5am so no traffic. he said "well i guess i'd be an asshole if i found that anything but outstanding" . 

• Like 1

• Platinum Contributing Member
11 hours ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

You should gladly give up your SS!

On 7/20/2023 at 1:05 PM, Crnr2Crnr said:

Sucks it's something you need to worry about.

Plan better next time... :lol:

Time blindness is a real disease.  ;)

Most of us call it laziness, irresponsibility, or just plain dumbness.

Years ago I ran a facility that had a tight attendance policy.  Late was late even if measured in seconds.  The old timers knew the rules and didn't take chances.  Some of the younger crew thought the attendance policy was too tough.  They complained and played right on the fringe with the point system and rules.

Corporate came in and announced they would be closing the place in just over a year.  Anyone that hung around would get a "Stay" bonus based on their years of service.  The bonus amounts were some nice change.  I had people looking at 100k just to play by the rules and stay till the end.  Pretty simple stuff.

All the old timers made it to the end.  I had a few younger people that always complained about the time rules who did not make it till the end.  To this day I'll never understand why this stuff didn't make sense to them.  One guy that was up in points did a no call with three months left.  He lost 38k with that dingus move.  The real topper was a guy that rode right at max points his whole tenure.  We even coached him to reel it in the last year so he had some play in case he had an emergency situation.  The guy had an emergency happen and the punch was 31 seconds late.  Less than a month left and we walked him out the door.  His bonus check would have been 46k just to play by the rules for another few weeks.

It has to be a disease.  There is no logical reason . . . .