Check your account email address ×

Jason Aldean song being cancelled

• Platinum Contributing Member
6 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

There were some good songs after DLR left with Sammy at the front, but the over all ALBUM listening experience was certainly lacking.  I can listen to almost every single album end to end with DLR.

And you are right, when Eddie put that keyboard in front of himself, that took a lot away from their sound.  1984 is a great album, but that was certainly the beginning of their demise.  IMO.

I did see them live in Chicago at the Tinley Park outdoor amphitheater during their Balance tour (Little woman surprised me with tickets and a weekend adventure), and it was a damn good show.  Skid Row was the opener...  A few years later when they were at odds with each other playing at the Xcel Energy center in St. Paul, when Sammy was on stage, Eddie was not, and vice versa.  It was more of a Sammy Hagar/Van Halen twin billing!  LOL  

When it comes to VH I’m definitely in the Diamond Dave camp but I do like Sammy solo and of  course there’s this…

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, HSR said:

I know this may sound crazy to you but did you try searching "Did Jason Aldean edit his video"? I caught a blip on the fake news on TV.

Nah - My search was "Latest Jason Aldean Video for Try That in a Small Town", thinking if it changed, it would find it.  But it didn't.  I will add again, though - didn't find it ... yet.  Maybe it'll be out there by tomorrow :dunno:

I did search on your wording, and found some hits to various places like Hollywood and The Guardian, and there's a clip from TMZ that shows 6 seconds of the video that's changed.  But watching the "official video" on YouTube, it doesn't look like it's that significant of a change.  There's still BLM violence in it as far as I can tell.

EDIT:  Maybe they actually did update the video, now that I look at it as compared to what the TMZ clip with the direct comparison.  Funny though, I would have never known it was changed if not for that side by side comparison they used.

Edited by Bontz

31 minutes ago, Doug said:

Van Halan was fine either way.  More of a Lead Zeppelin, Rush (yes Canadian), Aerosmith, BTO, Black Sabbath time for me.

BTO…hell yeah.👊🏻🇨🇦

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

On 7/25/2023 at 8:43 AM, HSR said:

BLM would go through a small US town like a tornado in a trailer park. Remember Americans stand behind Kyle Rittenhouse because none had the balls to stand beside him. 

Depends where, also remember the black population complaining about old white women taking over their movement. Them old white women are scary..

26 minutes ago, airflite1 said:

Depends where, also remember the black population complaining about old white women taking over their movement. Them old white women are scary..

A rolling pin upside the head is an attitude changer :lol:

2 hours ago, Bontz said:

But watching the "official video" on YouTube, it doesn't look like it's that significant of a change.  There's still BLM violence in it as far as I can tell.

EDIT:  Maybe they actually did update the video, now that I look at it as compared to what the TMZ clip with the direct comparison.  Funny though, I would have never known it was changed if not for that side by side comparison they used.

Probably just to make the video flow better artistically right? Not an actual :backpeddle:. I'm sure if it's true I'll hear how it was a smart decision and the right thing to do:thumb:

:lol:

3 hours ago, DriftBusta said:

Your generalization above is what’s nonsense and ignores some of the insanity happening in our urban areas.  “Majority of the small towns you’ve been through”, as if you’ve been able to do an analysis on all of them?  :lol: 

Even a blind man can see it. 

When compared to rates of substance abuse in cities, rural communities have higher rates of alcohol and methamphetamine use, and rates of abuse of other substances are on the rise.

https://americanaddictioncenters.org/rehab-guide/rural-small-town

12 minutes ago, HSR said:

Probably just to make the video flow better artistically right? Not an actual :backpeddle:. I'm sure if it's true I'll hear how it was a smart decision and the right thing to do:thumb:

:lol:

Well, I'm sure he had to cave to the twats out there who were throwing a fit.  The overall theme of the video hasn't changed a bit though as it still contains plenty of rioting videos ... oh, and the courthouse too :lol:  But hey, 6 seconds edited out of the video is all it takes for the whiners to consider it a win - good for them I guess :handjob:

1 minute ago, Bontz said:

Well, I'm sure he had to cave to the twats out there who were throwing a fit.  The overall theme of the video hasn't changed a bit though as it still contains plenty of rioting videos ... oh, and the courthouse too :lol:  But hey, 6 seconds edited out of the video is all it takes for the whiners to consider it a win - good for them I guess :handjob:

If this is true I will totally have lost all respect for Aldean...... What a fuckin faggot if that's the case.

18 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Look who's back. the intrusive fuck head. lemme guess, you were raised in a small town. :lol: 

Sorry there Mr. Butthurt, never abused drugs or alcohol in my life. Born and raised in wonderful Green Bay, WI…… home of the greatest football franchise on the planet. :news:

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

If this is true I will totally have lost all respect for Aldean...... What a fuckin faggot if that's the case.

This is where I saw the differences ... it ain't much:

https://www.tmz.com/2023/07/26/jason-aldean-remove-black-lives-matter-protest-try-that-in-a-small-town-music-video/

13 minutes ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

It's true and this is your first good post in here. Spot the fuck on :thumbsup: Now watch guys defend him at all costs:lol:

2 hours ago, HSR said:

It's true and this is your first good post in here. Spot the fuck on :thumbsup: Now watch guys defend him at all costs:lol:

Wow

You really have reached a new level.  You need help.  :wtf:

• Haha 1

• Gold Member
3 hours ago, ViperGTS/Z1 said:

Could of told you would happen on page 1 . He's cookie cutter man what do you expect . 

Im starting to think the whole thing was planned for publicity.  

19 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Could of told you would happen on page 1 . He's cookie cutter man what do you expect . 

Viper isn't very smart....

12 hours ago, Bontz said:

Thnx.......ah it ain't much at all. Very subtle differences that I would not have even picked up on... Why did they even bother?  Message remains the same.

12 hours ago, HSR said:

Well the court house that has u and the woke crowd In a Tizzy is still there... These "changes" did nothing

9 hours ago, EvilBird said:

See above...... Very little change that I can see. He's still OK In my books:lol: If it was totally changed and the courthouse scenes that are the most upsetting to some were taken out, I'd have said he caved. 

It's very subtle and I would have never noticed and still a little unsure of what was actually edited.....not much at all.... don't see any purpose of it.  We all know what went down with the BLM riots.

9 hours ago, Deephaven said:

Viper isn't very smart....

1681054168503.jpg

1679152514496.jpg

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Insignificant 

It ain't much

These changes did nothing

I could hardly tell

If he clipped a few seconds of rioting dindus out of the video to satisfy a few butthurt morons, wgas?

:lol::lol::lol:

Great work guys, exactly what I expected from you :bc:

Have you even watched the video (version 1 vs. version 2)?  Seriously?  What is the big change that's so impactful?  Did he :backpeddle: by making the changes?  Sure.  But 6 seconds and removing a news headline related to BLM, while maintaining 99% of the original video is pretty insignificant.  

32 minutes ago, HSR said:

Insignificant 

It ain't much

These changes did nothing

I could hardly tell

:lol::lol::lol:

Great work guys, exactly what I expected from you :bc:

You really seem quite invested in this.  I don’t think anyone else really gives much of a rats ass either way.  The overarching point that seems to have whizzed over your pointy head, was the public’s and country music communities solidarity behind Aldean.  If he clipped a few seconds of rioting dindus out of the video to satisfy a few butthurt morons, wgas?  Go spike your imaginary football in a gun thread or something. :lol: 

I'm more curious if the outrage over the courthouse is still there?  I find it amusing that, of the edits made to the video & the fake outrage over that courthouse, that piece is still in the video.