Check your account email address ×

Chick-fil-A… why are they so successful?

13 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Spicy deluxe is good eatin.

I’ve never had 

Popeyes can be really good or pretty mediocre depending on location 

28 minutes ago, ACE said:

I’ve never had 

Popeyes can be really good or pretty mediocre depending on location 

Around here Popeyes is a good way to get shanked, and I think you need to be a felon to work there..

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

3 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Around here Popeyes is a good way to get shanked, and I think you need to be a felon to work there..

They’re a pretty new thing in western Canada 

no worse than any chicken joint

Kfc is pretty nasty now 

Hard to get a seasoned chicken breast perfect 

can’t get the seasoning all through it like ground meat and chicken breast can go from undercooked to dry RFN 

• Platinum Contributing Member
26 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

never been , but one closest to me has a double line 12 cars deep

Same here. We got one in town 2 years ago. I've tried to go a couple times but its always so busy I end up someplace else.

3 hours ago, Carlos Danger said:

My kid loves it and hate it. Bland is the word that comes to mind.

3 hours ago, spin_dry said:

Don’t care for it. Mind numbingly bland and overhyped 

I prefer Popeyes, and I love fried chicken. Sadly here in Syracuse there really isn't a genuine fried chicken place. I remember when I was a kid and we lived in the suburbs of Chicago we would go to a place called Browns for fried chicken (40 years ago) it's was delicious, they had killer hush puppies too

1 minute ago, Rigid1 said:

I prefer Popeyes, and I love fried chicken. Sadly here in Syracuse there really isn't a genuine fried chicken place. I remember when I was a kid and we lived in the suburbs of Chicago we would go to a place called Browns for fried chicken (40 years ago) it's was delicious, they had killer hush puppies too

The McDonald’s crispy and spicy chicken is damn good. I’m almost embarrassed to say that. My buddy’s son brought a bunch of McDonald’s food to a get together. I grabbed a crunchy chicken. I’ve had a couple since and they are consistently delicious. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

I usually go to Wendy's for a spicy chicken sandwich if I'm in the mood. Haven't been to a McDonald's in forever.

I had a Popeye's once. It was alright but not many locations here.

My son has me going to Bar-Burrito or Firehouse subs for lunch most days.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, spin_dry said:

The McDonald’s crispy and spicy chicken is damn good. I’m almost embarrassed to say that. My buddy’s son brought a bunch of McDonald’s food to a get together. I grabbed a crunchy chicken. I’ve had a couple since and they are consistently delicious. 

Yep…I was pleasantly surprised by Rotten Ronnies chicken sandwiches.

• Haha 1

• Gold Member

Used to think Wendys had the best spicy chicken but that is no longer the case. food has gone downhill over the years IMO , not sure why. 

Chick-fil-a is hands down the best,  Spicy or Original. Also they have the smoothest/efficent drive thru's by far. 

Mcdonalds Spicy chicken is second but like always their service sucks. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, EvilBird said:

Used to think Wendys had the best spicy chicken but that is no longer the case. food has gone downhill over the years IMO , not sure why. 

Chick-fil-a is hands down the best,  Spicy or Original. Also they have the smoothest/efficent drive thru's by far. 

Mcdonalds Spicy chicken is second but like always their service sucks. 

The closest Chick-fil-a is 50 miles from me…same with Costco…they work well together and I agree that there food quality is a cut above the others.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

The closest Chick-fil-a is 50 miles from me…same with Costco…they work well together and I agree that there food quality is a cut above the others.

Costco restaurant food makes me feel gross\sick and lots here say the same. Regardless of the Costco store. 

it’s tastes fine for what it is but I can never finish it. 

even my oldest boy says the same thing and he’s a garburator 

2 minutes ago, ACE said:

Costco restaurant food makes me feel gross\sick and lots here say the same. Regardless of the Costco store. 

it’s tastes fine for what it is but I can never finish it. 

even my oldest boy says the same thing and he’s a garburator 

My post was worded poorly…I meant that a trip to Costco is followd by Chick-fil-a.👌🏻

• Gold Member

For fast food it’s one of the better places. Grilled chicken club with the honey roasted bbq sauce yum.

9 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

never been , but one closest to me has a double line 12 cars deep

Exit 8? It goes quick. I’ve sat in it almost back to freakin dcu and it’s idk 10mins at most. There sign claims they serve 300 cars or something in the 2hr lunch time slot crazy.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

10 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Good food and good service.   The recipe is not that difficult to figure out. 

Their employees are well trained and pleasant. You can tell they’re managed right. Some fast food joints have a bunch of grumpy people working there.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Edmo said:

Their employees are well trained and pleasant. You can tell they’re managed right. Some fast food joints have a bunch of grumpy people working there.

Or worse ,6 standing around talking while ignoring customers 

I went into a Mex restaurant that I'd been to a few times and asked to buy some hot sauce. The 20 ish yr old girl looked at me like I had 2 heads. Very disinterested in helping me. She said that we don't sell it even though I said I'd bought some before. A 40 something overheard me and came right over and asked how much did I want? Told her and she went back to the kitchen and brought me a container. The first girl had to ring me up and she didn't say a word other than that I owed $11. and change. Handed her a $20 and that pissed her off more because she had to make change. Moral of the story is interviewing and training are the determining factors for good employees. I'd say Chick probably does a great job at both. I looked at their franchise application and they vet you pretty thoroughly.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...