Check your account email address ×

Pretty hot out there…

47 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Pure propaganda and manipulation.

Screenshot_20230717_190403_TikTok.jpg

6 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Yeah, red is scary... It has become the color of popularity when showing weather related maps.

Except they used red and orange in the heat maps in Germany back in 2017 also.  Check out timestamp 14:48 below.  

Also, the bottom image from the meme is from June 20, 2022, one day earlier than the clearly photoshopped in date.  Sure, one day may not seem like that big of deal but if they can’t even be bothered to be truthful about that, I mean…..

IMG_3906.gif

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Also, the bottom image from the meme is from June 20, 2022, one day earlier than the clearly photoshopped in date.  Sure, one day may not seem like that big of deal but if they can’t even be bothered to be truthful about that, I mean…..

I didn't fact check any of it, and yes, that was clearly photoshopped.  I just mean in general, summer is hot right?  So Red is what we get.  Just like all these air quality maps they throw at us now - did we not have air quality issues years before from wild fires?  

40 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

I didn't fact check any of it, and yes, that was clearly photoshopped.  I just mean in general, summer is hot right?  So Red is what we get.  Just like all these air quality maps they throw at us now - did we not have air quality issues years before from wild fires?  

Summer is warmer, and yes we generally are probably seeing more detailed info graphics compared to 30, 40 years ago with pollen counts, air quality, etc.  

They do heat maps in the winter also, here is one from February of 2014:

IMG_3942.jpeg

Colored surface temperature maps have been around as long as I have been following the weather on the Internet. That's what the computer models spit out. However, the media in general dramatizes the weather more than ever.

I know that I have mentioned it here before, a Boston area meteorologist that I have known on Twitter for years was let go because he refused to push the hype. He wanted to call it like he saw it the way that he always had done.

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Plissken said:

Summer is warmer, and yes we generally are probably seeing more detailed info graphics compared to 30, 40 years ago with pollen counts, air quality, etc.  

They do heat maps in the winter also, here is one from February of 2014:

IMG_3942.jpeg

2014, that was an AWESOME winter as I remember it!  That may have been one of my first 5000 mile seasons... 

We’ve had about 1” of rain since first week in may.

been hot few days then cool for week.

if yearly precipitation holds true we’re going to have one hell of a winter!!!🤞

• Like 1

13 hours ago, X2700 said:

We’ve had about 1” of rain since first week in may.

been hot few days then cool for week.

if yearly precipitation holds true we’re going to have one hell of a winter!!!🤞

Almost a CARBON copy of last summer!  
Corn is still growing (saw someone setting up a sweet corn stand in Farmington on Sunday), alfalfa still being cut (2 cuts so far in my field and ready for a 3rd), beans look real good - what’s the issue??

Maybe like last year we can do a ton of riding from home!

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Mag6240 said:

2014, that was an AWESOME winter as I remember it!  That may have been one of my first 5000 mile seasons... 

Yeah, I had a new Freeride and got to use it a bunch, cuz western Maine was buried in snow.

• Platinum Contributing Member
20 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Yeah, I had a new Freeride and got to use it a bunch, cuz western Maine was buried in snow.

I’ve been looking at used Freerides…what’s the scoop…will the 137 work halfway well on trail?