Check your account email address ×

Why did Republicans obsessed with Hunter Biden leave Jared and Ivanka alone?

Good question…..

MSNBC host Joy Reid couldn't help but notice that there is a strange obsession on the right with the children of Democrats. Even after Hunter Biden pleaded guilty, "That doesn't satisfy Republicans. Maybe in part because they actually seem to enjoy attacking the family members of Democratic presidents." She went on to recall Rush Limbaugh's obsession with 12-year-old Chelsea Clinton. The younger Clinton went on to comment on just how "creepy" she felt about someone that old who couldn't stop talking about her. 

"Rush Limbaugh and others, but notably Rush Limbaugh — and I think this is now somewhat well-known like — was quite vicious to me," she recalled recently. "Said terrible things about my appearance and called me 'The White House Dog' repeatedly. I was 12, 13. And I remember thinking, like, this is just so, at best odd, and at worst just wrong. Like why is this old man obsessed with me? Like this is so weird and creepy and inappropriate." Sasha and Malia Obama were even younger, Reid noted. Still, Republicans attacked their facial expressions, their clothing, and more. Malia was 10 when she entered the White House. Sasha was seven. But their young age didn't spare them from GOP criticism. 

At the same time, Trump's daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, were appointed to top jobs in the White House, despite anti-nepotism laws that were put in place after John F. Kennedy appointed his brother to be the attorney general. The Trumps got around the law by saying they weren't accepting any federal funds for their positions. 

"They were handed powerful positions in the Trump White House with broad portfolios with not a peep from the Republicans and their friends in right-wing media," said Reid. "During the White House years, they reported between $172 million and $640 million in outside income. They should have never been allowed to work at the White House. Frankly, Jared couldn't even get a security clearance until Trump intervened. The Department of Justice reversed decades of precedent to grant Trump's wish that his children be allowed to work in the White House and profit from it. If the Republicans are so outraged about financial wrongdoing, you'd think they might want to investigate how Jared skated out of the White House to a $2 billion investment from the Saudi Public Investment Fund. 

https://www.alternet.org/republicans-hunter-jared-and-ivanka/

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Good question…..

MSNBC host Joy Reid couldn't help but notice that there is a strange obsession on the right with the children of Democrats. Even after Hunter Biden pleaded guilty, "That doesn't satisfy Republicans. Maybe in part because they actually seem to enjoy attacking the family members of Democratic presidents." She went on to recall Rush Limbaugh's obsession with 12-year-old Chelsea Clinton. The younger Clinton went on to comment on just how "creepy" she felt about someone that old who couldn't stop talking about her. 

"Rush Limbaugh and others, but notably Rush Limbaugh — and I think this is now somewhat well-known like — was quite vicious to me," she recalled recently. "Said terrible things about my appearance and called me 'The White House Dog' repeatedly. I was 12, 13. And I remember thinking, like, this is just so, at best odd, and at worst just wrong. Like why is this old man obsessed with me? Like this is so weird and creepy and inappropriate." Sasha and Malia Obama were even younger, Reid noted. Still, Republicans attacked their facial expressions, their clothing, and more. Malia was 10 when she entered the White House. Sasha was seven. But their young age didn't spare them from GOP criticism. 

At the same time, Trump's daughter Ivanka and her husband, Jared Kushner, were appointed to top jobs in the White House, despite anti-nepotism laws that were put in place after John F. Kennedy appointed his brother to be the attorney general. The Trumps got around the law by saying they weren't accepting any federal funds for their positions. 

"They were handed powerful positions in the Trump White House with broad portfolios with not a peep from the Republicans and their friends in right-wing media," said Reid. "During the White House years, they reported between $172 million and $640 million in outside income. They should have never been allowed to work at the White House. Frankly, Jared couldn't even get a security clearance until Trump intervened. The Department of Justice reversed decades of precedent to grant Trump's wish that his children be allowed to work in the White House and profit from it. If the Republicans are so outraged about financial wrongdoing, you'd think they might want to investigate how Jared skated out of the White House to a $2 billion investment from the Saudi Public Investment Fund. 

Is Jared Trumps kid?

The Saudi’s invested 2 BiL. It’s still their money. We don’t know what the Chinese got for sending joe/Hunter 5 million. Or what the Russians got for their money. Or what the Ukrainians got for their money.

You see a pattern here? 
“the most transparent admin ever”

:lol: 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Mainecat said:

Good question…..

Probably for the same reasons that hypocritical retarded pieces of shit like you obsess over Jared and Ivanka but don’t care about Hunter. You’re partisan filth and a hypocrite. 

• Like 7
  • Thanks 1

Good question…..

All the Trumps were put through the wringer for four years.    there were all sorts of  oh this is it  jarred and ivanka did this... got caught doing that.....   annd  nothing stuck/

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

Probably for the same reasons that hypocritical retarded pieces of shit like you obsess over Jared and Ivanka but don’t care about Hunter. You’re partisan filth and a hypocrite. 

:lol:Shut her down OT!!!! 

48 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Hunter pled guilty.

Didn't his daddy campaign for harsher gun laws and penalties.  

Favoratism or just another unfulfilled campaign promise?

Either way very poor example.

Hunter pled guilty.

What would Ivanka and Jared plee guilty for in that wise old mind of yours? I didn't realize they had charges brought against them?

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

What would Ivanka and Jared plee guilty for in that wise old mind of yours? I didn't realize they had charges brought against them?

I’m not a fan of either one  and the 2 Billion does seem a bit sketchy but no they have not been charged with anything.

Edited by Jimmy Snacks

Just now, Jimmy Snacks said:

I’m no fan of either and the 2 Billion does seem a bit sketchy but no they have not been charged with anything.

Not a fan of either also. But from my understanding the 2bil was for an investing firm (Jared is a partner) to invest in stocks..So it's still the Saudi's money.. IMO-Definitely not acceptable in the position he was in as his FIL was the prez at the time, and Jared did say he is not going to have anything to do with politics again..Wants to stay in the private sector..So there is that..

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, Rigid1 said:

Not a fan of either also. But from my understanding the 2bil was for an investing firm (Jared is a partner) to invest in stocks..So it's still the Saudi's money.. IMO-Definitely not acceptable in the position he was in as his FIL was the prez at the time, and Jared did say he is not going to have anything to do with politics again..Wants to stay in the private sector..So there is that..

I don’t blame Jared and Ivanka for wanting to stay in the private sector.

Jared was worth about 800 million before joining Trump in the Whitehouse having built his family's real estate business to about 7 billion in assets. If I were a Saudi prince and wanted to make so side money Kushner would not be the worst choice. By comparison what did the Biden's do for the now reported 40 million in "Business" transactions they have found so far? Has Hunter ever had a real job?

1 hour ago, Carlos Danger said:

Jared was worth about 800 million before joining Trump in the Whitehouse having built his family's real estate business to about 7 billion in assets. If I were a Saudi prince and wanted to make so side money Kushner would not be the worst choice. By comparison what did the Biden's do for the now reported 40 million in "Business" transactions they have found so far? Has Hunter ever had a real job?

I’m not defending The Bidens.