Check your account email address ×

Gun law already exists..

5 minutes ago, HSR said:

He's just trying to get me in a "gotcha" moment that's all. Don't worry about it :bc:

Don't flatter yourself ... I don't really care that you made the claim.  I'm backing up Highmark, not trying to get a "gotcha" moment.  But carry on ( and just for you ) .... :roflcrying::roflcrying:

• Haha 2

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, Bontz said:

Don't flatter yourself ... I don't really care that you made the claim.  I'm backing up Highmark, not trying to get a "gotcha" moment.  But carry on ( and just for you ) .... :roflcrying::roflcrying:

Reality is there are tons of factors that would go into whether or not you confront someone carrying out a shooting if you were armed.   It would be a tough call and I hope I'm never put in that situation armed or not.

They are trying to make a point off one shooting in one state. 

3 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

ny just had a gun buyback and got a ton of guns, just not the right ones. now nyc is shipping migrants north. i am 100 miles north of nyc. won't be long and we have plenty of mutants already. local main road was once a tourist haven. tons of hotels. now they all house sex offenders and homeless. search sex offenders and that area lights up like a xmas tree. we just lost a mountain bike trail that is on private land. landowners love us , but foot traffic killed it. we have ridden through for 27 years. they have had enough of garbage, naked people, profanity at them when they try to stop them, and even a homeless guy living at the waterfall. one has sculptures in his yard and had to chase people away taking selfies. our quiet area is getting to be not so quiet. the local crime has gone up a LOT. i don't care what folks do, but when the habit stops them from supporting it and they have to steal from me that i am ready to fend off. 

Sad watching you're own area deteriorate like that. I understand why some feel safer carrying in areas. Our town population recently grew by 5% in under a year. It's a good think they had the USA protecting them as Snake claims, because they are all from Ukraine.

I see an issue lately in the US where people are going out and buying the weaponry to use next week in a mass shooting. Those should be preventable, somehow.

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Reality is there are tons of factors that would go into whether or not you confront someone carrying out a shooting if you were armed.   It would be a tough call and I hope I'm never put in that situation armed or not.

They are trying to make a point off one shooting in one state. 

How many mass shooting have had armed citizens join in the gunfight? I haven't read of ANY. Couple robberies stopped BFD. Links would be cool :bc:

3 minutes ago, HSR said:

Sad watching you're own area deteriorate like that. I understand why some feel safer carrying in areas. Our town population recently grew by 5% in under a year. It's a good think they had the USA protecting them as Snake claims, because they are all from Ukraine.

I see an issue lately in the US where people are going out and buying the weaponry to use next week in a mass shooting. Those should be preventable, somehow.

a lot of the shootings had warnings. no one paid attention. you can just as easily buy a pickup and go run it through a crowd. no way of knowing what they are going to do with a product once they buy it. background checks won't flush out the guy on his last nerve that is otherwise spotless. none of us with guns want to be the one who kills someone. used to be such a small chance of someone kicking in your door but now it is not that far out of reality. once they breach my door it's over. you will hear that .350 remington mag in canada

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Badger** said:

According to the ballistics experts on FS I don't have to worry about it. So it's all good. :bc:

Soooo, that would be a NO Jerry I did not have anyone from any law enforcement agency take a look at my truck because I'm no ballistics expert either and thought to myself what the hell it can't hurt to have it looked at......... rofl.png.d59f66c69d7e132bd50244ec051f76d0.png

What good is carrying your gun with you on the next trip going to do if next time it is a real bullet and they shoot you in the head at 73 mph instead of your tailgate???? Get the truck looked at by the police and make 100% sure it wasn't a real bullet that hit your truck.

28 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

You're missing the point. If you go to battle and each side has 25000 armed people. Yet one side has 200000 guns and the other side has 25000 guns. I'm betting the side with more guns wins. Because they're more heavily armed!!!

Holy fuck its not rocket science stuff here.

You’re being a little obtuse. And more importantly, there are no statistics for illegal guns in high crime, urban areas, you can’t quantify the number of criminals with illegal guns. Once again, criminals, don’t care about gun laws.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, HSR said:

How many mass shooting have had armed citizens join in the gunfight? I haven't read of ANY. Couple robberies stopped BFD. Links would be cool :bc:

About 5% from data I've seen.   More stop the attacker without weapons.   I doubt 5% of people carry.  Virtually impossible to stop them before they shoot or kill at least one.

From 2000 to 2021, ALERRT researchers studied 464 attacks (434 shootings, 23 knife attacks and seven vehicle attacks) and found civilians — including security guards and off-duty police officers — stopped attackers before police arrived on 73 occasions. In the vast majority of those cases (67%), bystanders subdued the assailant using physical force.

An armed civilian stopped attacks by shooting the suspect in 24 of the 464 attacks recorded, about 5% of all events.

https://www.newsnationnow.com/us-news/midwest/how-often-does-a-good-guy-with-a-gun-end-an-attack/

Edited by Highmark

25 minutes ago, Highmark said:

This....:bc:  Guns per capita isn't really a true measurement of how "armed" a state is.  Percentage of people who own a weapon is.  

Correct , I know guys with in excess of 200 guns. If that person lives in a town full of 200 pants shitting democrats I’d say that town is probably poorly armed regardless of if there is a gun for every person living there 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, HSR said:

Wrong again , I'm all about keeping them out of the hands of crazy fucked in the head retards. It's not my fault that covers half your population.

Hey now, you have AC so it isn't just us.

3 hours ago, HSR said:

Simple, change whatever you're doing now. Problem is you guys won't accept any change.

We tried that once.  I want my change back.

1 hour ago, f7ben said:

I suggest doing nothing because there is nothing to be done. I do support schools being locked during class hours. That alone would prevent the school shootings fully. 

Locking a school door isn't going to do shit and something definitely needs to be done.  Starting with helping the mental health of the population and actually punishing those that partake in gun crimes.

1 minute ago, Deephaven said:

Hey now, you have AC so it isn't just us.

We tried that once.  I want my change back.

Locking a school door isn't going to do shit and something definitely needs to be done.  Starting with helping the mental health of the population and actually punishing those that partake in gun crimes.

I disagree.  Locking secure doors can work.   Locking glass doors won't.   Schools have to be extremely vigilant on it and in the recent past both instances were not followed. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

I disagree.  Locking secure doors can work.   Locking glass doors won't.   Schools have to be extremely vigilant on it and in the recent past both instances were not followed. 

Recess, asking a student to open a door, shooting the lock, all sorts of ways around a simple locked door.  Sort of like saying a locked house prevents thieves.

2 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Recess, asking a student to open a door, shooting the lock, all sorts of ways around a simple locked door.  Sort of like saying a locked house prevents thieves.

The people shooting these schools up aren’t getting through a locked security door. The last two big school shooting had door left open by mistake and one had the armed cop hide in a dumpster. 

• Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

Single point entry with an armed presence near that entry stops a significant amount of them. 

Shooting a lock doesn't always work....quit watching TV.  Military breechers carry shotguns hardly any active shooters do.   

There are literally dozens of cheap methods of making kicking in a door virtually impossible.  

We will never stop all of them. 

Edited by Highmark

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Single point entry with an armed presence near that entry stops a significant amount of them. 

Shooting a lock doesn't always work....quit watching TV.  Military breechers carry shotguns hardly any active shooters do.   

There are literally dozens of cheap methods of making kicking in a door virtually impossible.  

Exactly 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Well you learn something new everyday 47,000 is  more than337,000. only on FS

Building A has 100 people of which 65 people are carrying guns.  Those 65 people have no guns at home.

Building B has 100 people of which 15 people have guns.  Those 15 have 100 guns each at home.

Which building is more armed?

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Building A has 100 people of which 65 people are carrying guns.  Those 65 people have no guns at home.

Building B has 100 people of which 15 people have guns.  Those 15 have 100 guns each at home.

Retarded thStevie = :owned: 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Building A has 100 people of which 65 people are carrying guns.

Building B has 100 people of which 15 people have guns.

6 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Building A has 100 people of which 65 people are carrying guns.

Building B has 100 people of which 15 people have guns.

I don't care about that one building has 337,000 guns and the other building has 47,000 guns

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

I don't care about that one building has 337,000 guns and the other building has 47,000 guns

Holy fuck the common sense store called and they are all out of you. :lol:  

22 minutes ago, Highmark said:

HUGE difference between a locked door and a locked door with an armed guard.  Fucking seriously sad if we need an armed guard at schools. :( 

41 minutes ago, DriftBusta said:

Once again, criminals, don’t care about gun laws.

From 1966 to 2019, 77% of mass shooters purchased at least some of the weapons used in the shootings legally.

Apparently neither do law abiding citizens.