Check your account email address ×

Gun law already exists..

• Platinum Contributing Member
4 minutes ago, HSR said:

That didnt seem to help in the most armed state of Texas at the shopping mall. A cop there on another call ran to the scene and took out the active shooter. Not a single person wanted to get involved. That will be the case in most situations. 

Texas isn't even in the top 10. 

1 minute ago, Steve753 said:

:dunno:

Screenshot_20230510_120208.jpg

:pc: Barely in the top 20.  Texas like some states you have some people with A LOT of guns.

https://www.cbsnews.com/pictures/most-heavily-armed-states-in-america/34/

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

22 minutes ago, SkisNH said:

Intent is a non issue in dui cases....irrelevant. 

It’s a fucking issue in murder vs manslaughter you stupid fuck which is what was being discussed , holy fuck 

Edited by f7ben

15 minutes ago, HSR said:

That didnt seem to help in the most armed state of Texas at the shopping mall. A cop there on another call ran to the scene and took out the active shooter. Not a single person wanted to get involved. That will be the case in most situations. 

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Per capita but not by amount.

You're doing what democrats do.

Nope simply searched what he said....most armed state which is repeated in my link. 

Edited by Highmark

3 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Nope simply searched what he said....most armed state. 

337000 is more than 47000.

:bc:

2 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Idgaf what that says. Texas has the most registered firearms. 

And barely makes the top 20 in gun ownership percentage which is much more accurate measurement of how armed a state is. 

I own quite a few firearms and they arm 1 person. 

Edited by Highmark

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

337000 is more than 47000.

Exactly he's arguing semantics. More guns in Texas than any other state, everybody happy now?? Still not one hero, just sensible people looking after their own. One mother is still critical but if she survives it won't mean much as her 2 daughters are dead. Just sad.

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

giphy.webp?cid=6c09b9520349de54824c5dd55

Americans care more about guns, abortion and non heterosexual people than the economy or our future. 

Basically, we're all fucked!!!    

Have a nice day.  :)

Nailed it.

28 minutes ago, Highmark said:

And barely makes the top 20 in gun ownership percentage which is much more accurate measurement of how armed a state is. 

I own quite a few firearms and they arm 1 person. 

You're arguing like a democrat. I'll remember that next time you bring up gun violence in democrat run cities.

31 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

Idgaf what that says. Texas has the most registered firearms. 

I get what you're saying in that Texas has a shit ton of guns, but being armed means INDIVIDUALS have guns.  If one state has  5,000 people own 100,000 guns but another state has 25,000 people owning 25,000 guns, there's more ARMED PEOPLE with the 25,000 guns.  Call it semantics, that's fine.  But the argument was Texas is the most armed state ... which it's not.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Bontz said:

I get what you're saying in that Texas has a shit ton of guns, but being armed means INDIVIDUALS have guns.  If one state has  5,000 people own 100,000 guns but another state has 25,000 people owning 25,000 guns, there's more ARMED PEOPLE with the 25,000 guns.  Call it semantics, that's fine.  But the argument was Texas is the most armed state ... which it's not.

7 minutes ago, HSR said:

Sorry that was a wide brush stroke :thumbsup:

i do like my guns and feel that taking mine will fix nothing. use that effort to clear the streets of illegal guns

7 minutes ago, Bontz said:

You're missing the point. If you go to battle and each side has 25000 armed people. Yet one side has 200000 guns and the other side has 25000 guns. I'm betting the side with more guns wins. Because they're more heavily armed!!!

Holy fuck its not rocket science stuff here.

1 hour ago, sleepybrew said:

i do like my guns and feel that taking mine will fix nothing. use that effort to clear the streets of illegal guns

I've brought up having stiffer mandatory possession of illegal gun laws but some feel that the laws are fine the way they are. I find that disturbing. 

BTW, nice being to have a normal conversation :bc:

1 hour ago, Steve753 said:

You're missing the point. If you go to battle and each side has 25000 armed people. Yet one side has 200000 guns and the other side has 25000 guns. I'm betting the side with more guns wins. Because they're more heavily armed!!!

He's just trying to get me in a "gotcha" moment that's all. Don't worry about it :bc:

24 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

You're arguing like a democrat. I'll remember that next time you bring up gun violence in democrat run cities.

Remember it all you want and this has nothing to do with dem/rep.....fact is a higher % of people own guns in 17 states.  Again the state isn't armed more if the ave owner owns a higher amount.  There are a lot of people in Texas that simply don't own a firearm.   Trust me those statistics shocked me as well.  When I looked it up I wasn't thinking of debunking it.  

I'm sure there are plenty of statistics that Texas leads. 

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, Steve753 said:

I don't think I'm missing the point at all, but it's not worth the continued argument.  The links @Highmark provided show Texas isn't the most armed state (but yes, it has a shit ton of guns).  Semantics - I know.

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, Bontz said:

This....:bc:  Guns per capita isn't really a true measurement of how "armed" a state is.  Percentage of people who own a weapon is.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, HSR said:

I've brought up having stiffer mandatory possession of illegal gun laws but some feel that the laws are fine the way they are. I find that disturbing. 

BTW, nice being to have a normal conversation :bc:

ny just had a gun buyback and got a ton of guns, just not the right ones. now nyc is shipping migrants north. i am 100 miles north of nyc. won't be long and we have plenty of mutants already. local main road was once a tourist haven. tons of hotels. now they all house sex offenders and homeless. search sex offenders and that area lights up like a xmas tree. we just lost a mountain bike trail that is on private land. landowners love us , but foot traffic killed it. we have ridden through for 27 years. they have had enough of garbage, naked people, profanity at them when they try to stop them, and even a homeless guy living at the waterfall. one has sculptures in his yard and had to chase people away taking selfies. our quiet area is getting to be not so quiet. the local crime has gone up a LOT. i don't care what folks do, but when the habit stops them from supporting it and they have to steal from me that i am ready to fend off.