Check your account email address ×

"The fiscal recklessness of the last decade has been like watching a horror movie unfold"

• Platinum Contributing Member

If you spent $13 million a day every day since the birth of Christ it wouldn't reach $10 trillion dollars.   That is the INCREASE in spending the democraps are proposing over the next decade.  Not sure if that even includes the $50 trillion they want to spend on Climate change between now and 2050.

One of my biggest problems with govt is this bullshit planning that when setting a budget every year they talk about the next 10 years and it happens every year.   Then throw in CC spending going out 37 fucking years.   How about this make a plan for 1 year or at most the remaining time you are in office...other than that fuck off.  

Edited by Highmark
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Highmark said:

If you spent $13 million a day every day since the birth of Christ it wouldn't reach $10 trillion dollars.   That is the INCREASE in spending the democraps are proposing over the next decade.  Not sure if that even includes the $50 trillion they want to spend on Climate change between now and 2050.

One of my biggest problems with govt is this bullshit planning that when setting a budget every year they talk about the next 10 years and it happens every year.   Then throw in CC spending going out 37 fucking years.   How about this make a plan for 1 year or at most the remaining time you are in office...other than that fuck off.  

the credit card has been maxed out for a while due to both sides, and 'they' want the credit limit increased. 

did you read what Stan said?  he's an actual billionaire.  maybe he should run for office, or someone like him...  idk but I fear what all this spending that's already taken place will ultimately cost future generations. 

certain I'll get skewered for this but ALL tax cuts should be taken off the table for a decade or more.  dinners over, time to pick up the tab.

We really have backed ourselves into a corner.  They can't pull back the taxes, they need the revenue.  They can't pull back the spending, they have put themselves in a position of NEED when it comes to keeping people working.  Bigger government = bigger deficits.  I don't see how that changes since the government is not in the business of making money... well, other than printing it.

7 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

the credit card has been maxed out for a while due to both sides, and 'they' want the credit limit increased. 

did you read what Stan said?  he's an actual billionaire.  maybe he should run for office, or someone like him...  idk but I fear what all this spending that's already taken place will ultimately cost future generations. 

certain I'll get skewered for this but ALL tax cuts should be taken off the table for a decade or more.  dinners over, time to pick up the tab.

Almost 1/2 trillion dollars will be spent on financing the debt.  If we don't get serious about this soon its all over....in fact it very well could be already. 

Reality is there needs to be a hard look at non-discretionary spending as well as its the vast majority of the budget.    

13 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

We really have backed ourselves into a corner.  They can't pull back the taxes, they need the revenue.  They can't pull back the spending, they have put themselves in a position of NEED when it comes to keeping people working.  Bigger government = bigger deficits.  I don't see how that changes since the government is not in the business of making money... well, other than printing it.

if it's acceptable for Powell to raise interest rates to fight inflation at the potential cost of people's jobs, why is it not acceptable to also cut the number (2.9M) of federal government jobs, not to mention contract workers? 

I believe they used to call it shared sacrifice?

12 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Almost 1/2 trillion dollars will be spent on financing the debt.  If we don't get serious about this soon its all over....in fact it very well could be already. 

Reality is there needs to be a hard look at non-discretionary spending as well as its the vast majority of the budget.    

EXCELLENT point that the vast majority of our citizens don't realize or give two shits about. 

We as a nation need to get our financial house in order and from my POV I don't see either party doing it.  Some may argue... but they're wrong.

5 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

if it's acceptable for Powell to raise interest rates to fight inflation at the potential cost of people's jobs, why is it not acceptable to also cut the number (2.9M) of federal government jobs, not to mention contract workers? 

I believe they used to call it shared sacrifice?

EXCELLENT point that the vast majority of our citizens don't realize or give two shits about. 

We as a nation need to get our financial house in order and from my POV I don't see either party doing it.  Some may argue... but they're wrong.

There is a bill that the R's have put up.  It cuts spending, but the dems won't vote for it.  Where do you come up with it being both parties?

This is all on the current democrats.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, racer254 said:

There is a bill that the R's have put up.  It cuts spending, but the dems won't vote for it.  Where do you come up with it being both parties?

This is all on the current democrats.

Reckless spending without a plan to pay for it has been going on for nearly two decades... from both parties.  Once you and 155M+ voters in this nation are willing to accept that fact maybe something will get done.   

Why don't you be honest here for a change and just confess that you just want a tax cut, that's it.  Nothing else.  You only care about you... and right now, in my opinion. 

Prove me wrong...

2 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Reckless spending without a plan to pay for it has been going on for nearly two decades... from both parties.  Once you and 155M+ voters in this nation are willing to accept that fact maybe something will get done.   

Why don't you be honest here for a change and just confess that you just want a tax cut, that's it.  Nothing else.  You only care about you... and right now, in my opinion. 

Prove me wrong...

LIke I said, there is a bill right now that the democrats can pass, it has already been passed by republicans and it cuts spending.  Why won't democrats pass it?

So I blame it on the democrats.  Prove me wrong.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Maybe the last few generations can get a job that’s on the books? You know one where you pay taxes? 

That's rich coming from someone who did everything in their power to avoid paying FICA taxes.   You are an incredible hypocrite. 

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

3 more banks expected to fall this week.

Let's go Brandon.

which has far more to do with the Fed, previous policies and things that occured before and during FJB's tenure

your opinions are irrelevant twaddle... So fuck off eh ;)

5 minutes ago, racer254 said:

LIke I said, there is a bill right now that the democrats can pass, it has already been passed by republicans and it cuts spending.  Why won't democrats pass it?

So I blame it on the democrats.  Prove me wrong.

because they suck... but the suck on both sides is strong.  the previous administration had no issue raising the debt ceiling three times.  why is the bill only good until next year?  it's all political fucking theater... which I would hope you can see.  the R's and the D's aren't going to let us default. 

we're trillions in debt, we need to drastically cut spending and you want a tax cut because you only care about you.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

which has far more to do with the Fed, previous policies and things that occured before and during FJB's tenure

because they suck... but the suck on both sides is strong.  the previous administration had no issue raising the debt ceiling three times.  why is the bill only good until next year?  it's all political fucking theater... which I would hope you can see.  the R's and the D's aren't going to let us default. 

we're trillions in debt, we need to drastically cut spending and you want a tax cut because you only care about you.

Remember that you’re talking to a guy who actually believes Ted Cruz when he says he is only running for reelection so he can introduce term limits legislation.😂

Edited by Jimmy Snacks
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

6 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

good thing we don't run our households by the govt example

Some people do, didn't someone post the CC debt in the US has topped $16.7T?  A new record?  

22 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

Sure Karen.  How are your calls coming along?

:lol:

19 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

good thing we don't run our households by the govt example

unfortunately many do... 

10 minutes ago, Mag6240 said:

Some people do, didn't someone post the CC debt in the US has topped $16.7T?  A new record?  

yes, I did and it's $16.9T 

https://www.newyorkfed.org/newsevents/news/research/2023/20230216

7 minutes ago, ArcticCrusher said:

Sure Karen.  How are your calls coming along?

:lol:

my finances are just fine mr. Canadian election interferer.  

• Like 2

53 minutes ago, Highmark said:

That's rich coming from someone who did everything in their power to avoid paying FICA taxes.   You are an incredible hypocrite. 

Really? You have to earn money to have to pay taxes. My point Mr. cardboard box went over your corrugated head.

4 minutes ago, Mainecat said:

Really? You have to earn money to have to pay taxes. My point Mr. cardboard box went over your corrugated head.

Make any excuse you want...legal or not you screwed over others more in need than you...congrats.