Check your account email address ×

"The fiscal recklessness of the last decade has been like watching a horror movie unfold"

Again, This is why I say I blame democrats.

Democrats managed to pass one of the largest fiscal programs in U.S. history within weeks of Biden’s inauguration. Obama spent the better part of his first year in office seeking bipartisan buy-in for the Affordable Care Act. Biden just slapped most of his own health-care agenda on top of a $1.9 trillion relief bill and then rammed it through Congress before his administration’s two-month anniversary.

22 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Again, This is why I say I blame democrats.

Democrats managed to pass one of the largest fiscal programs in U.S. history within weeks of Biden’s inauguration. Obama spent the better part of his first year in office seeking bipartisan buy-in for the Affordable Care Act. Biden just slapped most of his own health-care agenda on top of a $1.9 trillion relief bill and then rammed it through Congress before his administration’s two-month anniversary.

sure... but all you care about is lower taxes and not paying for previous spending right?  you've said previously we're never going to pay for that right?  if you need me to refresh your memory I can post the link of you saying it... again.

23 minutes ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

sure... but all you care about is lower taxes and not paying for previous spending right?  you've said previously we're never going to pay for that right?  if you need me to refresh your memory I can post the link of you saying it... again.

Take some time and refresh yourself.  I have plenty of posts, get a good sampling then come back with your projection.

Just now, racer254 said:

Take some time and refresh yourself.  I have plenty of posts, get a good sampling then come back with your projection.

nah... we've gone back and forth long enough and even want some similar things.  our path to get there, is drastically different and you're seemingly in love with Trump because you believe he'll lower your taxes, where as I am willing to pay the rates we are now IF they can reduce spending and future spending.  you imo are focused on the here and now and I tend to think long term. 

but that's just my opinion...

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

nah... we've gone back and forth long enough and even want some similar things.  our path to get there, is drastically different and you're seemingly in love with Trump because you believe he'll lower your taxes, where as I am willing to pay the rates we are now IF they can reduce spending and future spending.  you imo are focused on the here and now and I tend to think long term. 

but that's just my opinion...

Well, you are incorrect.  The plan introduced by the speaker is long term and cuts spending.  Are you for that?  I am.

2 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Well, you are incorrect.  The plan introduced by the speaker is long term and cuts spending.  Are you for that?  I am.

Yes... and no.  Don't you recall me saying that the bill was basically at last year's level?

ya know what... let's go to defcon 5 and crash this fucker into the ground.

Since 1960, Congress has increased the ceiling seventy-eight times, most recently in 2021. Forty-nine of these increases were implemented under Republican presidents, and twenty-nine were under Democratic presidents. 

Congress can also choose to suspend the debt ceiling, or temporarily allow the Treasury to supersede the debt limit, rather than raise it by a specific amount. While this move was rare during the first ninety years of the ceiling’s existence, Congress has suspended the debt limit seven times since 2013.

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/what-happens-when-us-hits-its-debt-ceiling

Let's see who wins or loses this game of chicken.   I'm flush with cash and ready to buy at a substantial discount. 

Just now, Crnr2Crnr said:

Yes... and no.  Don't you recall me saying that the bill was basically at last year's level?

ya know what... let's go to defcon 5 and crash this fucker into the ground.

Since 1960, Congress has increased the ceiling seventy-eight times, most recently in 2021. Forty-nine of these increases were implemented under Republican presidents, and twenty-nine were under Democratic presidents. 

Congress can also choose to suspend the debt ceiling, or temporarily allow the Treasury to supersede the debt limit, rather than raise it by a specific amount. While this move was rare during the first ninety years of the ceiling’s existence, Congress has suspended the debt limit seven times since 2013.

https://www.cfr.org/backgrounder/what-happens-when-us-hits-its-debt-ceiling

Let's see who wins or loses this game of chicken.   I'm flush with cash and ready to buy at a substantial discount. 

Jesus dude, what more can you expect.  BABY STEPS.  Get back to last years level to start with.  At least one party is trying to do that, but the democrats won't even go with that. 

You have 2 choices right now, Last years level or $$$$.  Which would you want?  There is no other bill to choose.  And if one side won't even agree to that, what do you think will happen?

I honestly am thinking that is what some want.  They want an ELITE class and a Lower class.  Removing the current middle class.

10 minutes ago, racer254 said:

Jesus dude, what more can you expect.  BABY STEPS.  Get back to last years level to start with.  At least one party is trying to do that, but the democrats won't even go with that. 

You have 2 choices right now, Last years level or $$$$.  Which would you want?  There is no other bill to choose.  And if one side won't even agree to that, what do you think will happen?

I honestly am thinking that is what some want.  They want an ELITE class and a Lower class.  Removing the current middle class.

read the article

let me know if you need any help with the big words 

let's play chicken... 

Edited by Crnr2Crnr

1 hour ago, Crnr2Crnr said:

read the article

let me know if you need any help with the big words 

let's play chicken... 

I have read articles like that many times. 

Like I told you, the elite class wants to get rid of the middle class americans.  It will happen and your little chunk of cash isn't enough to get you anywhere close to the elite class they are.  You seem to think that you matter to them or that your little chunk of taxes will get us out of the mess.

Newsflash.  Most of the big $$$ that the US Government has given out over the past 20 years has gone to the ELITES and it has been taken from taxpayers like us, so that those elites can continue their lavish lifestyles.

4 minutes ago, racer254 said:

I have read articles like that many times. 

Like I told you, the elite class wants to get rid of the middle class americans.  It will happen and your little chunk of cash isn't enough to get you anywhere close to the elite class they are.  You seem to think that you matter to them or that your little chunk of taxes will get us out of the mess.

Newsflash.  Most of the big $$$ that the US Government has given out over the past 20 years has gone to the ELITES and it has been taken from taxpayers like us, so that those elites can continue their lavish lifestyles.

what 

do 

you 

want 

let me know if I said that slow enough 

1 hour ago, racer254 said:

PASS THE BILL THAT THE HOUSE PUT OUT.

SIMPLE.

that might happen in the 11th hour or... 

anarchy-talladega.gif

I've no issue with either... but a little financial anarchy might do us some f'ng good.

;)

and @Steve753 this was the first mistake although it wasn't a Sharpie  https://abcnews.go.com/Business/story?id=4732346&page=1

at only $168B it seems cheap by todays standards

this said... it was a Republican

quite different from the great depression   https://center-forward.org/history-of-stimulus-packages/

Go shopping or the terrorists win... 

https://www.c-span.org/video/?c3977016/user-clip-shop-terrorists-win

Edited by Crnr2Crnr
  • Like 1

On 5/4/2023 at 11:24 AM, ArcticCrusher said:

3 more banks expected to fall this week.

Let's go Brandon.

Almost every government, he’s just the idiot in charge now.

1 minute ago, ArcticCrusher said:

You can't fuck up this bad unless it's on purpose.

I disagree.

It’s mindset that infects those who get into politics.

Few can resist the pull once in power.

• Platinum Contributing Member
7 hours ago, spin_dry said:

What president was first to come up with the idea to give everyone $1200 and personally sign the check with a sharpie? 

Humm , what did dubs give away ? $600 ?