Check your account email address ×

Jesse Ventura

• Platinum Contributing Member

Interesting perspective and posted a comment to put in perspective.  As we know.- Repugs see the bootlicker of the ultra wealthy and many on here see their useful idiots.  @racer254 = most on here.

I do not necessarily agree with Ventura as he gives too much credence to physical labor over mental labor.  An apples and oranges argument.  I found the posted reply more interesting but many on here lick Hesse’s boots:

7 minutes ago, SnowRider said:

Interesting perspective and posted a comment to put in perspective.  As we know.- Repugs see the bootlicker of the ultra wealthy and many on here see their useful idiots.  @racer254 = most on here.

I do not necessarily agree with Ventura as he gives too much credence to physical labor over mental labor.  An apples and oranges argument.  I found the posted reply more interesting but many on here lick Hesse’s boots:

I'll give far more credence and respect to somebody who works with their hands vs a light bulb salesman any day. We need to put more money in the hands of people who actually do real work in this country.............. office chair polishers and keyboard tappers, etc. not so much. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

That's what capitalism is all about.... If you're able to make that much money and be a billionaire more power to you.......

I consider myself to have a fairly physical demanding job with very long hours but am not angry at those making more  for doing far less. 

Case in point a friend of mine works from home, plays golf in the morning, smokes some weed and does a few conference phone calls during the day. He is making nearly 200k annually which is quite a bit more than I do but good for him to be able to get in the position he is..... I'm still very happy and would rather do what I do even though the pay is less..... zero jealousy and zero fucks given.  I'm actually very happy for those that have done well Even the billionaires.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

54 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I'll give far more credence and respect to somebody who works with their hands vs a light bulb salesman any day. We need to put more money in the hands of people who actually do real work in this country.............. office chair polishers and keyboard tappers, etc. not so much. 

He’s no salesman, he’s the bosses SIL :lol:

Personally I'd like to see a SS scale for physical labor jobs that make the qualification for full benefits at an earlier age.   I know some guys who've worked construction for 30+ years and their bodies are shot.

• Like 6

18 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Personally I'd like to see a SS scale for physical labor jobs that make the qualification for full benefits at an earlier age.   I know some guys who've worked construction for 30+ years and their bodies are shot.

For sure!  And get the people off of it that paid ZERO INTO IT!. I can understand some people that really need it for various reasons,(medical/a TRUE disability) but the free riders need to be put in check. 

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Highmark said:

Rewarding people for hard work instead of no work?  Hmmm ….that is a interesting concept. 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

32 minutes ago, Highmark said:

I've been saying that for quite some time to my white collar friends. A physical job after 30+ years often requires expensive surgeries to correct the damage, when you have a white collar job the paper cuts and headaches go away by themselves. :lmao:

15 minutes ago, snoughnut said:

I've been saying that for quite some time to my white collar friends. A physical job after 30+ years often requires expensive surgeries to correct the damage, when you have a white collar job the paper cuts and headaches go away by themselves. :lmao:

Same here .  There is being at work and than there is working.  You work a physical job, you know the difference.  

Billionaires are a double edge sword. At one time JP Morgan was in control of a third of the capitol in the entire country. Some would argue that was unjust but much of the infrastructure he put in place the country used to win WWII and become a super power on the world stage. The top people on the billionaires list now we're not born into wealth and many who were born into fortunes are no longer on the list. Hard work and good ideas are still rewarded no matter your status when you start out. The rest is just class envy.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Highmark said:

Every job type involves risks. Be it construction work, cops, school teachers. Some jobs are hard on bodies and others it’s psychological stress. 

6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

Every job type involves risks. Be it construction work, cops, school teachers. Some jobs are hard on bodies and others it’s psychological stress. 

Sure but its not the same. 

Elon is a billionaire and rarely sleeps. He works his ass off. Is this ok? Not ok? Who gets to be the arbiter of wether it’s ok or not?

I say quit counting other peoples money. I’m happy for him. Fuck anyone who says he shouldn’t have this or that. :dunno: 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

One has a body that’s fucked and the other has stress burnout. End result is the same. Inability to perform their chosen profession. 

Completely depends on the job.  IMHO its easier to deal with the stress of a job than the physical toll on the body.  Again JMHO.  :bc:

• Gold Member
6 minutes ago, spin_dry said:

One has a body that’s fucked and the other has stress burnout. End result is the same. Inability to perform their chosen profession. 

Wrong one has has both a body that’s fucked and stress burnout and the other just has stress burnout.

Just now, Highmark said:

Completely depends on the job.  IMHO its easier to deal with the stress of a job than the physical toll on the body.  Again JMHO.  :bc:

I’ve done both. There’s no appreciable difference. The end result is an inability to perform the responsibilities of the said job when the damage is high. 

• Like 1

Just now, spin_dry said:

I’ve done both. There’s no appreciable difference. The end result is an inability to perform the responsibilities of the said job when the damage is high. 

As have I and unless we've done both for 30+ years its hard to know for sure which is more taxing over the long run. 

1 minute ago, Highmark said:

As have I and unless we've done both for 30+ years its hard to know for sure which is more taxing over the long run. 

I know roofers who are still on the roof in their mid 60’s and going strong. Others are done a 40. It comes down to one’s ability to perform their job. 

2 hours ago, Highmark said:

I'd like to see those people keep more of their own money and direct their own investments so they can retire before their bodies are shot.

• Like 4

6 hours ago, snoughnut said:

Yep the guy with the pick and shovel gets my respect vs a pussy pushing a pen.

• Like 1