Check your account email address ×

Beginning of Cat's demise

15 minutes ago, f7ben said:

The 800HO is proving to be Polaris best 800 offering.....in the end all 2S motors are toys meant to fail. If one goes at 5k and another goes at 8k its fucking pathetic either way :lol:

Well it should be decent since they spent the last TEN FUCKING YEARS COMPLETELY FUCKING EVERYBODY  that bought anything 2 stroke from them over 600 cc's , I mean wtf , how long and how many of your long time customers do you need to fuck and how many tries do you need to get an 800 cc engine to run longer than 2 k miles and be able to keep up with everyone elses 600's?               The old man is fuckin senile and stupid so he get's a pass , you having a short memory and running off at the piehole is a bit of a surprise

• Like 1

Just now, Ebsell said:

Love the looks and handling of the Poo. Don't know how the new ones are holding up. But I do know the early 800s around 2012 or so we're total garbage 

Well since this is a different configuration completely its not really relevant ....the changes poo made seems to have made a substantial impact on reliability

• Gold Member
2 minutes ago, f7ben said:

he had a turbo m7 once

plus a polaris and yamaha at the same time as my turbo.  I needed 3 sleds to get me through a 4 day weekend of riding typically. Only brand I didn't dabble in was skidoo cause only dicksuckers would run a skidoo.

3 minutes ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

Well it should be decent since they spent the last TEN FUCKING YEARS COMPLETELY FUCKING EVERYBODY  that bought anything 2 stroke from them over 600 cc's , I mean wtf , how long and how many of your long time customers do you need to fuck and how many tries do you need to get an 800 cc engine to run longer than 2 k miles and be able to keep up with everyone elses 600's?               The old man is fuckin senile and stupid so he get's a pass , you having a short memory and running off at the piehole is a bit of a surprise

Look here fucklestein .....You could blow a Polaris up once every 1k miles and it would still be cheaper than supplying belts for any iteration of "new and improved" Cat garabge from the last 13 years. How many years of new Big Fin clutches and different offsets and upgraded cooling are we gonna see before a cat makes it anywhere near a normal distance on a new belt. I have no skin in the game and dont give two shits about a Polaris prior to the one I own now. The reality is they are all fucking junk. Pick your color

Edited by f7ben

Just now, f7ben said:

Well since this is a different configuration completely its not really relevant ....the changes poo made seems to have made a substantial impact on reliability

Haven't kept up with them to much. We don't have a dealer close so we don't see many on the trails. Buddy spring ordered one of these 

IMG_1211.JPG

2 minutes ago, Ebsell said:

Haven't kept up with them to much. We don't have a dealer close so we don't see many on the trails. Buddy spring ordered one of these 

IMG_1211.JPG

Looks cool :bc: 

2 hours ago, Mainecat said:

With the cost of sledding these days you might just see one manufacturer in another decade. Its crazy money for a family to ride

True.

I will always be a A/C guy at heart........even when they are long gone.  :saluting:

50 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

yes same one

2017 Pro Open -- sno-X -- season points (final)

1. Kamm (Pol)
2. Tremblay (Ski)
3. Hibbert (Cat)
4. Lemieux (Ski)
5. Narsa (Pol)
6. Pallin (Pol)
7. Martin (Pol)
8. Todd (Pol)
9. Renheim (Ski)
10. Ishoel (Ski)

2017 Pro Lite season points (final)

1. Pihlaja (Ski)
2. Angove (Pol)
3. Lorenz (Pol)
4. Mason (Pol)
5. Taillefer (Ski)
6. Cottew (Pol)
7. Daudt (Pol)
8. Jess (Cat)
9. Poirier (Ski)
10. Wallenstein (Ski)

Edited by CaddisFly

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

I'm pretty sure the early etec 800 had piston issues too. My 11 800 pro r has 3600 miles. Ring lands good  ,compression good. Oil pump turned up at 2500 miles. We have 4 pre 15 800 cfi in the group.  2 are already over 5k.  . And from 0 to 60 it'll rape or keep up with a lot of shit.  The pro ride simply hooks up,no matter how ridiculous it looks. Highest recall was 111 mph. And the last time I checked more people would rather take their chances on a poo than ride a cat. Don't get me going.  

1 hour ago, xcr700 said:

How would snow bikes steal shitloads of sales when they're not trail friendly 

the bikes are fun off trail but do not offer up the power of thrill of a sled . all my off trail buds own bikes and all also own sleds . the bikes are great if snow conditions are right and suck ass if they are not . u need both if traveling to the snow u could be screwed if u only had a bike

• Gold Member
4 minutes ago, f7ben said:

hey grabs ....I put a few turbos together myself and tuned them....how bout you :lol:

2....  Back in 2006.  You could say I spent ass loads to be a guinea pig on turbo 2 strokes.  Notice the date on the that vid....  Wasnt to many turboing 2 strokes back then....

• Gold Member
2 hours ago, Kev144 said:

if we are all gay for sledding, wouldnt that make him bi curious being on a sled site but being sledless? :dunno: 

This isn't a sledding site....    The lack of sledding topics is kind of a sign to let you know its not a sledding site.  There really arent to many sledding sites left as the sport is shrinking

1 hour ago, Sal Rosenberg said:

10 yrs ? the liberty big bearing fix kit was out in 03 . my math puts the liberty 800 shit show at closer to 15yrs

40 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

the bikes are fun off trail but do not offer up the power of thrill of a sled . all my off trail buds own bikes and all also own sleds . the bikes are great if snow conditions are right and suck ass if they are not . u need both if traveling to the snow u could be screwed if u only had a bike

That's what I kinda thought.  They would be fun in the bush or way off trail in the powder

7 minutes ago, xcr700 said:

That's what I kinda thought.  They would be fun in the bush or way off trail in the powder

they are a blast in tight trees with a bit of a base and a foot or so of fluff . u can go any place .

u will dump it and be going over the bars or tossed off side at least 1 time per weekend .

they are not ez to get up in deep snow after u tip one over . very hard really need 2 guys . then u have to try to climb on it and try to start it with no base .

Edited by Ez ryder

9 minutes ago, Ez ryder said:

they are a blast in tight trees with a bit of a base and a foot or so of fluff . u can go any place .

u will dump it and be going over the bars or tossed off side at least 1 time per weekend .

they are not ez to get up in deep snow after u tip one over . very hard really need 2 guys . then u have to try to climb on it and try to start it with no base .

I used to get tossed over the bars on my cr250 hourly lol.....good times :lol:

Had no idea they were that hard to remount....