Check your account email address ×

sneakers , aka tennis shoes aka what ever the fuck they are called in your part of the good ole USA

• Platinum Contributing Member
2 minutes ago, HSR said:

So we have the Senior US Olympic swim team on FS? Cool !!!:lol:

Stupid gravity. Arches have collapsed over the years. Was a size 13 most my adult life.

1 hour ago, steve from amherst said:

During my busy season I walk 4-5 miles a day. If I wear cheap shit when I get out of the truck at the end of the day I walk like Im 90.

I average around 30mi a week and that is just me running around the house, to the store etc.  Crappy shoes definitely fuck with you.  I wear out 2-3 pairs of birks a year, but also wear them as slippers in the house.

When I bought the first pair of those zamberlain they gave me a pair of smartwool socks. I saw the price , $18 and thought " what kind of fucking moron would pay $18 for 1 pair of socks" after wearing them I now understand. Not only do your feet feel great all day, but the first pair I got was 5 yrs ago and Im still wearing them . Im sold.

Zam's are great boots.  Smartwool socks unbelievable.  Cool in the heat, warm in the cold, deal with sweat better than any other material and last a long time.  All my socks are wool now.  Some Eddie Bauer, some REI, some Smartwool.

12 minutes ago, HSR said:

So we have the Senior US Olympic swim team on FS? Cool !!!:lol:

His are short.  I wear between a 15-17 depending on the brand...but mine aren't fat like his.  I am not a senior yet either.

Forgot I was going to recommend a shoe.  I find that approach shoes or low top light hikers are way better than tennis shoes.  Vibram soles or similar last way longer, a real insole like a smartfeet gives you way better support, and they don't break down as fast as tennis shoes.  Much better daily option.  

Forgot I was going to recommend a shoe.  I find that approach shoes or low top light hikers are way better than tennis shoes.  Vibram soles or similar last way longer, a real insole like a smartfeet gives you way better support, and they don't break down as fast as tennis shoes.  Much better daily option.  

9 minutes ago, Deephaven said:

I average around 30mi a week and that is just me running around the house, to the store etc.  Crappy shoes definitely fuck with you.  I wear out 2-3 pairs of birks a year, but also wear them as slippers in the house.

Zam's are great boots.  Smartwool socks unbelievable.  Cool in the heat, warm in the cold, deal with sweat better than any other material and last a long time.  All my socks are wool now.  Some Eddie Bauer, some REI, some Smartwool.

His are short.  I wear between a 15-17 depending on the brand...but mine aren't fat like his.  I am not a senior yet either.

Who you calling fat? 

¬¬

Havnt owned a pair in over 20 yrs. Every time I look at some there is no bottom padding. Things look like they would feel like walking on concrete barefoot. Anyone have any they like , that are worth a shit?

Thinking bout buying a pair.

Check out Altra shoes, they ain't cheap, but best shoe I have ever owned, super cushy made correctly for proper foot health. I like the Altra Lone Peak or the Olympus. Just picked up my 4th pair of Lone Peak hikers on sale on Amazon $80 off, picked them up for $109.

https://www.altrarunning.com/

IMG_20230224_111206722_HDR.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Skidooski said:

I wear my Five Ten's around sometimes but they have a super ridged sole

i wear my 510s at times for a change of pace. they are bomber for the bicycle though. my favorite shoe is Lowa. made in germany , very comfortable and last for years. you will pay though. they make all styles

3109454740.jpg

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, sleepybrew said:

i wear my 510s at times for a change of pace. they are bomber for the bicycle though. my favorite shoe is Lowa. made in germany , very comfortable and last for years. you will pay though. they make all styles

3109454740.jpg

I tried on the lowa last time I bought a new pair of zam,s .didn't like the way they felt . Before the zamberlain I used to wear Asolo . But when their manufacting went from Italy to Romania the quality went down but the price didn't 

Edited by steve from amherst

2 minutes ago, Jimmy Snacks said:

My wife bought me a couple pair of these for Christmas…made from Alpaca fur…love ‘em! 
1B338670-0120-41E5-8F0B-E98F161FB675.jpeg.3dc4b4f6b666360f89451ee80e117d32.jpeg

These are the Vans I have….

3C59D226-5451-4385-A01A-6EAD672C01B3.jpeg.1aafb91d3371255a93169ffb7a5fc446.jpeg

I bought the wife a pair of alpaca socks at the farmers market.  She loves em 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, steve from amherst said:

I tried on the lowa last time I bought a new pair of zam,s .didn't like the way they felt . Before the zamberlain I used to wear Asolo . But when their manufacting went from Italy to Romania the quality went down but the price didn't 

i bought keens and they about crippled me

3 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

I wear these , they feel like slippers

zam.jpg

Is that a good place to find decent work boots also? I need something for around the property, not super clunky, so I'm not running the saw or weed whipper in slides :D

4 hours ago, steve from amherst said:

Havnt owned a pair in over 20 yrs. Every time I look at some there is no bottom padding. Things look like they would feel like walking on concrete barefoot. Anyone have any they like , that are worth a shit?

Thinking bout buying a pair.

Keens ftmfw.  Low or mid hight , leaps and bounds better than work boots and or most sneakers i find today.  I was on their website last night and had a pair in the shopping cart for 160 bucks I said oh fuck it let me check Amazon. Well i got the same pair for $89.

1 minute ago, HSR said:

:lol:

Screenshot_20230224_143930_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20230224_144003_Samsung Internet.jpg

Wore out a lot of pairs of converse chuck Taylor’s in the day.  $19.00 a pair.  Vans were like $22.00.   Doc Martins were  always expensive.  All pretty trendy nowadays.  My 5 year old granddaughter has a pair of purple docs and custom all stars. 🙄

• Like 1